Trial - Ross Harris #5

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
What if I the power to lock you up, had you in a closed room and was interrogating you, and had already handcuffed you and detained you for being "noncompliant" for not turning over the phone? When asked again, essentially, for the phone, am I likely to "voluntarily " hand over my password, or have I been coerced into agreeing?

Imo RH didn't "willingly" turn over his password, but it doesn't matter in the eyes of the law. Fact is, the boy should have said no and invoked right then, but it's easy to say that from the safety of my cozy chair in my own house.

I hear you, but given his ties to LE and knowledge of the process as we see in videos, I'd say Ross was better prepared than the average citizen to stand up to LE tactics... and was well aware of the risks, but I think that he cooperated because he thought it was his best chance to get out of this (not be arrested). Definitely a miscalculation, but I don't see coercion. JMO, of course.

Edited several times to get my thoughts right. LOL

Carlos Rodriguez begins his cross-examination of prosecution witness David Dustin, an expert in 3D laser imaging. Led through direct examination by prosecutor Jesse Evans, Dustin has been demonstrating computer-generated images of Ross Harris's Hyundai Tucson.

I'm not sure why we have to see the scan of the car. Why can't the jury actually sit in the car to determine, didn't they use to be able to do things like that back in the good o'l days? I believe that if each juror was able to sit in the drivers seat with the car seat placed like it was when Ross left Cooper in it, then the jurors can decide and discuss amongst themselves in the jury room.

Could that image be the same measurements as Cooper? It looks like a baby, maybe a year old!

That doll was suppose to have the same measurements of Cooper Harris. Made just for the DA. Off measurements by Autopsy Report. Cooper was long legged but small in size. He was only from sitting butt in seat to top of head only 14 inch.

ALSO Cooper head was NOT in that position when he was found deceased. Lividity proved that.

They will not be allowed to do get in the car. They were allowed yesterday to walk the perimeter of the car with doors open. That's it.

:silly: Stoddard is the source! From 2014. But Grimstead is who left the car seat in the car with inaccurate measurments. AND Stoddard testified that he (Stoddard) didn't put the car seat in the car 7/2/14. That was at a Hearing

He was tiny then! Doesn't he look like an infant in that seat?

HE fit the measurements he was only 21# 5.4 oz iirc and the inside of the car seat measurement from seat (butt was sitting) to the top of seat 19 1/4 inch. He was 14 inch. They trying to say because the height measurement was 30 inches and that Cooper was 33 inches tall that he too big. He was not.

I always put my kids and my grands car seat in the middle. I was in an accident hit on drivers side. So it always was in my mind if I had a car seat there they would be safer in the middle. The reason for keeping rear facing is so if hit they don't get the whip of the head forward and then back while still so young iirc.

I am a few pages behind so this may have already bee. Said but the middle seat is the safest as it is the furthest away from any point of impact. When possible it is encouraged the seat be in the center.

Isn't that doll actually smaller than Cooper was? Am I remembering that right? That doll is WAY too big for the infsnt seat. The head shouldn't be that close to the top.

Staley's unusually favorable to DT rulings about this 3D evidence suggest, imo, she believes it to be a potentially viable appeals issue.

They will not be allowed to do get in the car. They were allowed yesterday to walk the perimeter of the car with doors open. That's it.

I know but it would make sense, IMO, if they were allowed to actually get in the car, after all that is how Ross was when he left Cooper there. Ross wasn't standing outside the car, walking around it 4 times etc...

Rodriguez asks Dustin some technical questions about the accuracy of the laser scanning process. Then, the lawyer asks about the first scans of the SUV and who positioned Cooper's car seat in the vehicle for purposes of the scans (it had been removed). This was more than two years ago, and Dustin isn't quite sure.

Rodriguez supplies Dustin's report from 2014 regarding the scans and asks him to look up which detective placed the car seat. Dustin spends quite a bit of time paging through the report in search of that information. He can't find it and finally agrees with Rodriguez's suggestion that it was Det. Phil Stoddard, the lead investigator in the case.

Stoddard was outside looking into the car looking into car at Mr. Dustin. SO JMHO he is looking to see and have him move around to where Stoddard on out side can see car seat. No measuring at all. Stoddard had the exact of RH and if was on the up and up would have used those measurements. BUT the car seat was already manipulated leaning back at that time too. All false info at the beginning. State is screwed on this. JMHO

I know but it would make sense, IMO, if they were allowed to actually get in the car, after all that is how Ross was when he left Cooper there. Ross wasn't standing outside the car, walking around it 4 times etc...

Totally agree.

He absolutely was too big for the seat per the manufacturer. They don't base it on crown to rump measurements, they base it on total length. You cannot possibly argue that he was to be in that seat when he exceeded the height limits. That doll is too big for the seat.

Is it just me, or is anyone else getting (staying) confused by the varying versions of where Cooper's head was in the car seat?! Can't connect dates of pics and scans to differing measurements.

You can see the doll's head in those pictures just shown.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RonaldLew