CT - Police Search for Victims in Dr. George Reardon's child *advertiser censored*

White Rain

Reaction score
HARTFORD, Conn. — A doctor who once faced child abuse allegations kept a staggeringly large collection of child *advertiser censored*, found nearly a decade after his death, and investigators fear there could be hundreds of victims, authorities said Wednesday.
The owner of a West Hartford home formerly owned by Dr. George Reardon found the images — 50,000 35 mm slides and more than 100 8 mm movie reels — in a hidden storage space during a renovation project in May, town police said. West Hartford investigators announced the cache Wednesday as they set out to find the victims, saying identifying them could lead to others who possessed the images or were otherwise involved.
Investigators said there is evidence linking the images to Reardon, who they said had a state-of-the-art photo lab in his house, and they are concerned that the *advertiser censored* was shared with others. more:
http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,313661,00.html

These allegations cover the time frame of the 1960's thru the 1980's. Just goes to show you that you can't blame the internet for everything. I also guess it goes to show ME, that I will never get used to the concept that people are so damned sick that they will harm people who are at their most vulnerable. This guy was a physician - trained to heal. How DARE he "manipulate body parts" of the children who were "f'ing" sick and sought his "f'ing" HELP! Sorry for the cursing, but this just disgust me beyond my ability to remain civil. Why? Oh, Why??? Can't people just be decent human beings???? I am not perfect by any means, but I would NEVER, EVER, take advantage of an adult or a child that I was entrusted to HELP!

"First, do no harm"

Obviously it did NOT apply to this SICKO!

These allegations cover the time frame of the 1960's thru the 1980's. Just goes to show you that you can't blame the internet for everything. I also guess it goes to show ME, that I will never get used to the concept that people are so damned sick that they will harm people who are at their most vulnerable. This guy was a physician - trained to heal. How DARE he "manipulate body parts" of the children who were "f'ing" sick and sought his "f'ing" HELP! Sorry for the cursing, but this just disgust me beyond my ability to remain civil. Why? Oh, Why??? Can't people just be decent human beings???? I am not perfect by any means, but I would NEVER, EVER, take advantage of an adult or a child that I was entrusted to HELP!

I agree with you Reannan-what an incredible story this is. Imagine that there was such consistency in the testimony that in spite of the lack of "physical evidence" his license to practice in adjoining states was revoked, BUT he still had the capacity to practice elsewhere. And now they find the evidence that he just could not let go of-walled away. INCREDIBLE. Wonder what the lag time was between when his license was pulled and his death? Wonder how much of this collection has been downloaded and traded over the internet? I mean his victim's list has to be the most prolific in history.

No criminal charges were filed because the crimes were too old to prosecute under the statute of limitations, the Hartford Courant reported.

This needs to be changed !

This story makes me sick to my stomach. What a pervert. Did he have any children? His children should be ashamed and look into changing their names.

I believe this DR is dead though, correct?

Yes, the doctor is dead. So they wouldn't be able to prosecute him. The *advertiser censored* was found a decade after his death.

May he burn for all eternity.
Here's the picture of his secret hiding place.
33997687-28081649.jpg

Yes, the doctor is dead. So they wouldn't be able to prosecute him. The *advertiser censored* was found a decade after his death.

Him being dead opens another can of worms. It's unfortunate that some people figure now that the creep is dead all the victims can now just "get over it". It can also leave a victim stuck in their recovery process. If confronting the filthy, freak was something they hoped to do they are now left to go another way in their recovery. It stinks big time. I had this personal experience and was told by a member of my abusrers family "Well it is OVER now the mean old man dropped dead. You can move on". My reply to them was "Well I'm NOT DEAD". We so need to make people aware that these crimes commited against children effect every waking minute of their lives.

Him being dead opens another can of worms. It's unfortunate that some people figure now that the creep is dead all the victims can now just "get over it". It can also leave a victim stuck in their recovery process. If confronting the filthy, freak was something they hoped to do they are now left to go another way in their recovery. It stinks big time. I had this personal experience and was told by a member of my abusrers family "Well it is OVER now the mean old man dropped dead. You can move on". My reply to them was "Well I'm NOT DEAD". We so need to make people aware that these crimes commited against children effect every waking minute of their lives.

I think the one interview I have seen with a victim statement was SO poignant. He thought he was the only one-brought by WHEELCHAIR into the pediatrician's office, undressed and shown pictures of child *advertiser censored* to see if it "excited him." This doctor's monstrosity messed with a generation of patients who most likely have not only deep psych wounds, but are incredibly reluctant to seek healthcare.

I think the one interview I have seen with a victim statement was SO poignant. He thought he was the only one-brought by WHEELCHAIR into the pediatrician's office, undressed and shown pictures of child *advertiser censored* to see if it "excited him." This doctor's monstrosity messed with a generation of patients who most likely have not only deep psych wounds, but are incredibly reluctant to seek healthcare.

That is just one of the most heartbreaking things I have ever heard. How da*n sad is that? This poor guy.

That is just one of the most heartbreaking things I have ever heard. How da*n sad is that? This poor guy.

It is horrible and lifelong for the doctors victims. I hope learning about the doctor will help all the victims know they weren't alone and give them some kind of peace.

Hey Filly,
Since you were quoting my post, you don't mean me, do you???? :eek: I wish the doctor was still alive so he could be prosecuted. But I am sure he is not in a good place right now. Prayers for all his victims and I hope they are able to find peace.

Hey Filly,
Since you were quoting my post, you don't mean me, do you???? :eek: I wish the doctor was still alive so he could be prosecuted. But I am sure he is not in a good place right now. Prayers for all his victims and I hope they are able to find peace.

Oh Lord no I didn't mean you Squished. I'm sorry if you thought that. Naw, someone said that to me, and I know other victims of child sexual abuse who had similar things said to them. Like "Oh well he died so you can just forget it ever happened". Too bad it don't work that way. Sorry again Squished.

Oh Lord no I didn't mean you Squished. I'm sorry if you thought that. Naw, someone said that to me, and I know other victims of child sexual abuse who had similar things said to them. Like "Oh well he died so you can just forget it ever happened". Too bad it don't work that way. Sorry again Squished.

I knew you probably didn't mean me. But I can never be too sure. ;) :blowkiss:

The first trial concerning Dr. George Reardon is underway:

http://www.cbsnews.com/stories/2011/04/05/ap/business/main20050918.shtml

1st trial starts in Conn. doctor sex-abuse case
April 5, 2011

"A man testified Tuesday that a late Connecticut doctor suspected of molesting scores of children performed a sex act on him in the late 1960s while he and his three brothers were taking part in what was supposed to be a human growth study. The man, using the pseudonym William Roe, was a witness in a Waterbury Superior Court trial on the claims by another alleged victim of Dr. George Reardon, who died in 1998. The civil case is the first to reach trial among about 90 people who are suing St. Francis Hospital and Medical Center of Hartford, claiming hospital officials failed to prevent the abuse. The hospital's lawyers say hospital officials didn't know about the abuse...."

and

"....Roe testified that Reardon asked his mother for permission to include him and his three brothers in the growth study after one brother had his tonsils removed at St. Francis in 1967. Roe said he and his brothers saw Reardon individually at the hospital for the study. When it was his turn, Roe said, he undressed and Reardon measured his genitals. He said Reardon then told him he needed to stimulate him, and then proceeded to touch his genitals to the point of ejaculation. Roe said he was 9 or 10 years old at the time...."

and

"....Reardon practiced at St. Francis for three decades. Police believe he abused hundreds, possibly thousands, of children under the guise of a bogus growth study. The abuse was uncovered in 2007 when the owner of Reardon's former home in West Hartford cracked open a wall during a renovation project and found thousands of videos and slides showing children in various sexual acts and positions...."

more at link

And from the defense:

http://www.courant.com/health/connecticut/hc-st-francis-day14-0504-20110503,0,6048695.story

Yale Bioethicist Testifies For Defense In St. Francis Case
May 3, 2011

"A medical ethicist testified Tuesday that St. Francis Hospital could not have been expected — under widely accepted scientific guidelines — to monitor Dr. George Reardon's fictitious growth study because the so-called study was never presented as true research or submitted to the hospital for approval.

The assertion by Dr. Robert Levine, an internationally recognized bioethicist at Yale University, supports the hospital's effort in court to portray the sham growth study that Reardon used as a pretext to abuse children as a reflection of what colleagues thought was Reardon's interest in collecting data on pediatric growth rates — not scientific research that the hospital could have been required to approve and monitor...."

more at link

And the jury's about to get the case:

http://www.courant.com/health/conne...day15-0505-20110504,0,7752634.story?track=rss

Testimony On Pedophiles Ends Evidence In St. Francis Trial
Jury Could Get Case Late Thursday

May 4, 2011

"An expert on sexual abuse testified Wednesday that Dr. George Reardon was "the classic, successful pedophile" — an assertion that surprised no one on what was the final day of evidence in the first of more than 90 lawsuits by Reardon's victims...."

more at link

There just aren't enough words... Bad, bad, bad words!

Impressive that they have acted so quickly and that this has gone to trial.

By the way, the Boston Globe is considering doing a story about the pedophile doctors who trained at Children's Hospital and Judge Baker Guidance Center.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shmoozie
Back