Becky Sue Turner and related

I was just looking at 7101 El Caballo on Google Earth Street View. It is asingle family dwelling. Does not look like the kind of place where you could rent a room; in other words, you had to live there or have some way to pick up your mail there. The weakness of the Paper Chase was that you had to have a physical address at some point......unless she was able to have the Idaho ID card sent to her P.O. Box. They wouldn't, would they?

If the previous owners say "Oh, I remember her, she rented a room from us back in 1988 for a month - Becky Sue Turner!" then it is back to square one.

Back in the day this method was extensively used to help draftees avoid military service. There were groups of people, one religious denomination in particular, that would help people by driving them to Canada, getting documents, forwarding mail, giving them places to stay. This all existed in darkness and went away when they were not drafting any more, but info n how to do it was still around.

I am just amazed of what she accomplished in a 2 month period. Then a ten year gap in work record. I wonder how she supported herself.

OK, theory time. If you go with the path of least resistance and the most likely scenario that ties up all the known stuff

• If she did the ID change all herself, it's likely she lived within 50 miles of the grave of Becky Sue Turner and knew the graveyard previously. It's such an oddly specific place to choose at random.
  • She starts her journey in the Tacoma area, where she's from
  • To get an ID she needed to leave her home state as her photo was probably linked in several ways to her real identity.
  • To get an ID in person (as the web chat confirmed) you need to travel to a state capital
  • Boise is the nearest other state capital to Seattle
  • Once in Idaho she travels to the next state South, Nevada, and sets up a mail forwarding box to an address she's arranged in Texas
  • From Nevada she travels to California (Hollywood related numbers in the notes).
  • From California she travels to Arizona (pages from the phone book mentioned in the ST article)
  • From Arizona she travels to Texas

The journey only fits well if she's from the Seattle area. All of the segments apart from the last are <10 hours, i.e. a day of travelling.

attachment.php

OK, theory time. If you go with the path of least resistance and the most likely scenario that ties up all the known stuff

• If she did the ID change all herself, it's likely she lived within 50 miles of the grave of Becky Sue Turner and knew the graveyard previously. It's such an oddly specific place to choose at random.
  • She starts her journey in the Tacoma area, where she's from
  • To get an ID she needed to leave her home state as her photo was probably linked in several ways to her real identity.
  • To get an ID in person (as the web chat confirmed) you need to travel to a state capital
  • Boise is the nearest other state capital to Seattle
  • Once in Idaho she travels to the next state South, Nevada, and sets up a mail forwarding box to an address she's arranged in Texas
  • From Nevada she travels to California (Hollywood related numbers in the notes).
  • From California she travels to Arizona (pages from the phone book mentioned in the ST article)
  • From Arizona she travels to Texas

The journey only fits well if she's from the Seattle area. All of the segments apart from the last are <10 hours, i.e. a day of travelling.

attachment.php

Salem Oregon is a closer state capital to Tacoma than Boise is, but I am nitpicking. Your basic point makes sense.

I didn't get the answer I was looking for to my question, but grateful they answered one. I wanted to know if she had any SSA listed employment 1988-1997. I was told that she had student loans, some of them may be the reason for bankruptcy.

Rambling: Maybe she knew the older child killed in fire or surviving sister or a close relative of family and story stuck with her. Throwing it out there, could Becky Sue's birth mother be a friend or relative, Aunt?

For some reason, don't as me why, I thought she stated her journey in CA. IDK

The Turners resided in Bakersfield when BST was born, and his family members still lived there at the time of her death. I would certainly be aware of someone around me who experienced such a tragedy, even if I wasn't close to them. There is always the possibility that LEK knew of the tragedy, and didn't even have to walk through a graveyard.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I537 using Tapatalk 2

Possibly, but Lori would have only been between 2 and maybe 10 or 12 years old... not sure how much she would remember of a story like that, the names of the children, parents, year, etc... unless her family knew them on a more personal level... that kept the details and names alive by the family talking about it when she grew older (or she was related as someone else said-aunts, cousins, etc..) . Doubt she was reading the news paper at that age or cared much about watching the 6 o'clock news, ( I was more into Howdy Doody at that age) I didn't watch the news when I was that age...and definitely not if she was on the younger end of the age estimates, she would have been closer to the age of Becky Sue. Way to young to remember the fire story.

Possibly, but Lori would have only been between 2 and maybe 10 or 12 years old... not sure how much she would remember of a story like that, the names of the children, parents, year, etc... unless her family knew them on a more personal level... that kept the details and names alive by the family talking about it when she grew older (or she was related as someone else said-aunts, cousins, etc..) . Doubt she was reading the news paper at that age or cared much about watching the 6 o'clock news, ( I was more into Howdy Doody at that age) I didn't watch the news when I was that age...and definitely not if she was on the younger end of the age estimates, she would have been closer to the age of Becky Sue. Way to young to remember the fire story.

Yes... Well, I don't mean she knew it when it happened, but might have known of the tragedy. For instance, I am aware my husband's grandfather's brother died at age 12 in a freak accident with a plow. I wasn't around, or alive.... but I heard family members tell the stories. Not saying it is the most probable, but it still is possible.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I537 using Tapatalk 2

Or stripping... cash work.. already mentioned she was a stripper, not sure how or where that info came about in the Seattle story... I would be curious to know how they found that tidbit out.. I don't think it was brought up at lunch with the in-laws, ya know... or tea with the daughter, etc...

Quoting the article,

"He tracked down a few friends and colleagues from years ago. One said she had been working as a dancer at a &#8220;gentleman&#8217;s club&#8221; in the early 1990s, according to Velling. A clue, perhaps. But no one he found knew anything about Lori before 1988."

Although many years have passed since 1990, it's strange that no additional information was gleaned from these friends/colleagues. Odd that even one person knew of her work as a dancer. No mention of any boyfriends/steady relationships, either. Even now that we know about Becky Sue Turner, see the timeline change to becoming Lori Erica Kennedy, and view a page of (secret strongbox) scribbled notes, names and numbers... it's even more perplexing!

Quoting the article,

"He tracked down a few friends and colleagues from years ago. One said she had been working as a dancer at a “gentleman’s club” in the early 1990s, according to Velling. A clue, perhaps. But no one he found knew anything about Lori before 1988."

Although many years have passed since 1990, it's strange that no additional information was gleaned from these friends/colleagues. Odd that even one person knew of her work as a dancer. No mention of any boyfriends/steady relationships, either. Even now that we know about Becky Sue Turner, see the timeline change to becoming Lori Erica Kennedy, and view a page of (secret strongbox) scribbled notes, names and numbers... it's even more perplexing!

So he was able to track down a few people who knew Becky Sue Turner, all of which would have been in the 1988 time period. Maybe one of the persons was a dancer / stripper too. Just thinking.
Ugh, now I see I need to go back and read it again, I don't remember when she changed over to LEK.

So he was able to track down a few people who knew Becky Sue Turner, all of which would have been in the 1988 time period. Maybe one of the persons was a dancer / stripper too. Just thinking.
Ugh, now I see I need to go back and read it again, I don't remember when she changed over to LEK.

She only used the Becky Sue Turner name for a few months. She obtained Becky's birth certificate on May 20 1988, got her Idaho photo ID in June 1988 and had her name "legally" changed to Lori Erica Kennedy on July 5 1988. So she was "Lori" when she was a stripper.

The detective never said that the people her knew her as a dancer/stripper knew her as Becky Sue. I get the impression that she was generating income by dancing during the 1990's.

I'm sorry, I think my post was poorly worded. I didn't mean to suggest Mr. Velling spoke to friends who knew BST (I believe the change from BST to LEK was achieved too quickly for that to happen).

I'd like to see the entire file for the name change.

She had to convince a judge to grant that name change. The reasons could very well be the reason she became Becky Sue Turner.

And, Boise, we'll always have Boise. Apparently she walked into the license bureau and was able to reliably receive mail on El Caballo. Before Boise, it's all speculation.

And now this has me thinking - would the Idaho Transportation Dept have anything on file - like a copy of the document she brought to prove her address? Chances are it has been destroyed, but you never know. Idaho is not as heavily populated as some states, so perhaps they don't have as many records to store, which means they retain them longer?

During the chat yesterday, it was stated that the Idaho ID is valid but was purged so no application, no supporting documents.

Ahhh, walk-up service. Yep, fits nicely into the tangled web!

I think she was a student -- smaller college, perhaps Christian? Perhaps Lori/Becky/Jane arrived on a basketball/volleyball scholarship? :worms:

Hi!

My first post...this case has led me to Web Sleuths. I think
Lori Ruff aka Lori Kennedy aka Becky Sue Turner could be the missing girl: Sheri Lynn Johnson.

Her mother was Freda Denman who was likely killed by her husband. There was blood at the scene and her two children, Sheri Lynn (age 4) and baby brother were missing. The kids clothes and the husbands clothes were missing but Freda's was still there.

This all happened in Independence, Missouri (Jackson county). Note the name "Jackson" on the scribbled paper that belonged to Lori Ruff.

Becky Sue Turner looks a lot like the mother of Sheri Lynn: http://www.doenetwork.org/cases/1023dfmo.html

Compare the pics of Freda to the pics of the Becky Sue Turner license from Idaho.
http://www.doenetwork.org/cases/1024dfmo.html

When you look at the young pictures of Sheri Lynn Johnson...the ears are the same as Lori Ruff. In addition, little Sheri Lynn Johnson was very tall for her age at the age of four.

Worth doing a DNA comparison, IMO.

Hi!

Lori Ruff aka Lori Kennedy aka Becky Sue Turner could be the missing girl: Sheri Lynn Johnson.

Her mother was Freda Denman who was likely killed by her husband. There was blood at the scene and her two children, Sheri Lynn (age 4) and baby brother were missing. The kids clothes and the husbands clothes were missing but Freda's was still there.

This all happened in Independence, Missouri (Jackson county). Note the name "Jackson" on the scribbled paper that belonged to Lori Ruff.

Becky Sue Turner looks a lot like the mother of Sheri Lynn: http://www.doenetwork.org/cases/1023dfmo.html

Compare the pics of Freda to the pics of the Becky Sue Turner license from Idaho.

When you look at the young pictures of Sheri Lynn Johnson...the ears are the same as Lori Ruff. In addition, little Sheri Lynn Johnson was very tall for her age at the age of four.

Great first post :) Sheri Lynn Johnson has been suggested as a match to Lori... and I even RE-suggested her just a few pages back, lol! I share your opinion... the resemblance is quite remarkable!

Hi!

Is there anyway of doing a side by side picture comparison between these woman?

I lived in NJ in the 1980's and was able to get my driver's license and even a passport without any "proof" of address. Laws in Idaho were more lax than NJ. Why are you stuck on this point? There was no proof of address needed at that time.
Not sure why I am stuck on it, but I want to know if she had to get mail there or not. If she did, then maybe she rented a room there or at the least knew someone who lived there... could find out if the Barker's rented out the house or lived there themselves in 1988 and before..
But in my gut, I think she popped over the state line to ID (from a neighboring state) just long enough to get her ID and be on her merry way to AZ and/or TX... or back to the neighboring state...
On another thought, she would of had to of had a car I would think to do all this running from state to state to get these name changes and ID's... wonder what car Lori Kennedy/Becky Sue had when she arrived in TX and if it was in her real name and she transferred the title to Lori Kennedy? Not sure how far back DMV records and microfiche go back in TX.. ..I might call and ask.

More media are picking up the story.

UK's Daily Mail: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...identity-years-suicide.html?ito=feeds-newsxml
Who is she? Seattle investigator looks to identify woman three years after her suicide when her husband discovered evidence of a double life in a lock box...hidden in the closet

Before changing her name to Lori Kennedy in 1988, 'Jane Doe' took the identity of Becky Sue Turner, a two-year-old who died in a 1971 fire
Doe then married Blake Ruff in Texas and had a baby girl before committing suicide after separating from her husband
Ruff found documents in a secret lock box proving his wife's double life
Joseph Velling, of the Social Security Administration, is trying to find Jane Doe's real identity

Fox News: http://www.foxnews.com/us/2013/06/2...tery-three-years-after-suicide/#ixzz2XO3tUz2T
(Velling thinks) "she was born sometime between 1960 and 1968.”

Records gathered by Velling provide tantalizing clues. The woman received breast implants in 1991 and claimed to have suffered from bulimia in 1990. Her student loan applications listed three references, one of whom was a former classmate she had briefly dated. According to the man, whom Velling did not name, Jane Doe had “more problems than he could deal with.”

“His recollection was that she was a dancer at a Dallas-area nightclub at the time [she was attending school],” Velling said.

Less than mainstream blogs: http://www.opposingviews.com/i/soci...ntity-still-unknown-three-years-after-suicide

http://www.poynter.org/latest-news/...le-times-asks-readers-to-help-with-a-mystery/

Interesting post Magnum P.E.; San Angelo Doe...I found his info; very interesting and he does resemble Henry Harbison. Also was interesting how many fake IDs he had...one being Peter TURNER (fake father to fake ID Becky Sue Turner??)

http://www.doenetwork.org/cases/966umtx.html

Yep I noticed the Turner name also. I doubt there is a connection. LEK used the Becky Sue Turner ID as a cutout, the San Angelo no prints Doe apparently intended to use all his IDs as needed. He was up to something that required those ID's - check cashing scam or something of that nature. No one wants to be caught with several IDs on them, things can unravel in a hurry!

You can see all kinds of patterns and connections that don't necessarily exist if you try. There is or was a Harold Frysinger (one of the San Angelo Doe's fake IDs) in Pennsylvania, and one of LEK's phone numbers matches a library in Pennsylvania, that kind of thing.

Some "investigators" make up complete stories and scenarios with not one iota of evidence, just entirely going on intuition. I call it going Mustard (from the game of Clue, AKA Cluedo), as in "Colonel Mustard did it in the kitchen with a candlestick". It is pointless, and they have investigated nothing more than their own imagination.

I believe that SSA is working unusually hard on this one. LE generally hates to use familial/ancestry dna for whatever reason, though that seems to be slowly changing as they are dragged into the 21st century by a ring through their collective nose. We can infer that they have gone pretty far with that in this case, since they know she had the gene for coronary artery disease.

Shari Lynn Johnson has or had relatives who were looking for her and if they have seen this story we may know soon if there is a match. Though much does fit I am not convinced that she is LEK, she was born in 1970 which would probably make her pretty young. However IMHO she is the best shot at this time, that and someone recognizing her from the 1988 picture, the oldest one we have.

Sorry I was so long winded.
Please "ketchup" on the older posts, and remember, no Mustard:seeya:

Snipped:

Very high res version of the birth certificate including the receipt http://cloud.seattletimes.com/image/get/id/d8b98eb8-dab7-11e2-8535-2098e66ccbda.jpg Interesting that it says she paid for w/check. Too bad it is probably too long ago to research.....seems the check would have had her real name on it right?

So they would release the birth certificates to anyone? I was assuming she was claiming to be Becky Sue when she made the request. Course how would they verify it if she wasn't there, so, idk, its mind boggling that just anyone could get a copy of someone else's birth certificate.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pabo1998
Back