Trial Thread 4/26/2012

Status
Not open for further replies.
Avery Moore ‏ @AveryFreeFMNews
Court takes morning recess. 20 minutes.

Avery Moore ‏ @AveryFreeFMNews Reply Retweet Favorite · Open
Lanna says there are no features of the car in the videos that could exclude #Rafferty's car as the vehicle travelling by Tori's school.

Steven D'Souza ‏ @cbcsteve
Lanna concluded he could not find any characteristics that would exclude #Rafferty's car. Translated: It was his car in security video #sl

just curious about the 3:50 pm...is this the same day April 8th...why would MR's car be still around that area or is this a different video that it was caught on..

I think 3.50 pm was a typo, supposed to be 3.30pm

11:48
Mike Knoll: @bob - a car that was almost certainly Rafferty's was seen near the school earlier in the day.
11:48
Comment From Bob
Did I read your Tweet correctly that Rafferty's car was filmed near Tori's school the morning of her abduction?

11:50
Mike Knoll: @noname - yes, from time to time lawyers object.
Comment From noname
Mike, is the court case similar to TV where the opposing lawyers can call objection to questions and Judge makes a decision whether it is dismissed or sustained? Or do all objections require the jury to leave for legal arguments?

Mike Knoll: @guest - I assume we'll send our sketch artist the day of the verdict. Also, depends who the defence calls as witnesses.
Comment From Guest
Will there be any more court sketches?

What is Mr. Rafferty doing today while this testimony is going on

He has papers in his hands. But paying close attention.

Jury returns.

RaffertyLFP: Court resuming jury entering - more testimony from Lanna

For those asking, CASS is College Avenue Secondary School in Woodstock. It's near Oliver Stephens Public School.

RaffertyLFP: Next video from Esso gas station on Norwich Ave/Parkinson RD

Now looking at the footage from the Esso on Parkinson Road in Woodstock. Taken April 8th, 2009 at 4:24 pm.

RaffertyLFP: Court is now seeing video from Esso stations - shown as 25 sequential still images

Lanna says he believes the vehicle is Rafferty's, and it is Rafferty driving the car.

RaffertyLFP: Court is seen a car entering and exiting the station around 3:20 pm on April 8 2009

Could this video expert have an image of sweet little Tori in his car? Maybe he is able to do that... Omg.. poor thing, but what an impact/image that would be to close out the crowns case.

I have my fingers crossed this will be the last thing the jury see's from the crown...

were you guys given the text messages that were shown as evidence? Was the jury able to see the actual messages that went between Rafferty and MC?

Mike Knoll: @guest - no. just the time and date of the messages -- not the content

Can Rafferty be convicted of a lesser charge such as an accessory if the jury finds him not guilty of 1st degree murder?

Mike Knoll: @D - this depends on the judge's instructions to the jury previous to deliberations. It varies from trial to trial.

I take the above tweet to mean that the crown does in fact have copies of the actual text that MR sent..I thought it had been posted on here from someone who worked for a large carrier that the carrier does not have on file the actual text just #'s and time etc. that is interesting to know that nothing is private anymore... JMO

Lanna says he was asked to look at a surveillance video from a Woodstock ESSO and compare a vehicle in it to #Rafferty's and CASS cars.

I take the above tweet to mean that the crown does in fact have copies of the actual text that MR sent..I thought it had been posted on here from someone who worked for a large carrier that the carrier does not have on file the actual text just #'s and time etc. that is interesting to know that nothing is private anymore... JMO

carriers do have access to content of text / sms messages sent through our network. I work at one of the big canadian 3 providers... However - BBM messages are stored with RIM, and we are not able to access them.

RaffertyLFP: Lanna did a color analysis of the image of the car and enhanced the blue tint to match it to Rafferty's car

Lanna says the car on the Esso video and Rafferty's are a similar colour.

Lanna comparison goes as far as noting light reflection from the grill on Rafferty's car.

RaffertyLFP: Lanna matched up the features of the car in video and Rafferty's car and matched white dashboard hood scoop, grill lower front spoiler etc

The car in the ESSO video appears black, Lanna used Photoshop to draw out the blue to compare it to #Rafferty's blue Civic.

RaffertyLFP: Lanna matched up the features of the car in video and Rafferty's car and matched white dashboard hood scoop, grill lower front spoiler etc [via Twitter]

RaffertyLFP: Lanna did a color analysis of the image of the car and enhanced the blue tint to match it to Rafferty's car [via Twitter]

The door handles and mirrors are also similar.

RaffertyLFP: Lanna said some of the feature on the vehicle in Esso video such as the white dashboard indicate a unique identification of Rafferty's car

Hmm wondering at this point will the defence present or rest? Would it be possible for defence to make an opening statement (outlining their theory) then rest?

Possible. I think he will at least play a Necro song or two.

Oh, and I think Rafferty is just itching to get on the stand and talk.

JMO

RaffertyLFP: Altogether there were 12 areas of the car in the Esso video that matched Rafferty's car.

Multiple images of clothing in the CASS video match up with the clothing of the person driving the car in the Esso video.

The 2003 Honda Civic was not manufactured with a hood scoop/air intake.

It's not a Honda option, or accessory. The trunk spoiler is similar to a product they have, but not as an option.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member