FL FL - Wimauma, HispMale Skeletal UP4976, 12-20, chain wallet, Mar'09

Venom Goose

Inactive
Reaction score
http://doenetwork.org/hot/hotcase1601.html

The Doe Network:
Hot Case 1601

Unidentified Hispanic Male

The victim was discovered on March 14, 2009 in Wimauma, Hillsborough County, Florida
State of Remains: Skeletal
Vital Statistics

Estimated age: 12-20 years old
Approximate Height and Weight: 5'1"-5'3".
Skeletal Findings: Possibly involved in heavy labor or agricultural work.
Clothing: Jeans with "ICE POLE USA" stitched on legs of jeans; wallet with chain attached and "CHOPPER" embroidered on leather.
DNA: Samples submitted - tests not complete
Dentals: Available; #17 and #32 vertical impactions/incomplete root closures, class 1 molar relationship.
Fingerprints age: Fingerprints could not be obtained
Case History
The victim was located 65 feet from the northeast corner of Palmet Surano Road, in Wimauma, Florida on March 14, 2009. Missing some skeletal remains such as tarsals, carpals, phalanges, etc.

Investigators
If you have any information about this case please contact:
Pete Bihorel
Hillsborough County Medical Examiner Department
813-914-4509
Email
or
Hillsborough County Sheriffs Office
Detective T. Pettis
813-247-8662
You may remain anonymous when submitting information.

ME Case Number:
09-01777

SO Case Number:
09-146233

NCIC Number:
U-630022398
Please refer to this number when contacting any agency with information regarding this case.

Namus ID 4976 or Doe file HC1601
12-20 year old white male found 3-14-2009 in Hillsborough Co. FL
Ruled out: Mateo Delacruz, missing from Florida.
Ruled out: Neil Alan Eddleman, missing from Florida.
Ruled out: Brian Andrew Hayes, missing from Florida.
Ruled out: Rigoerto Perez, missing from Florida

Namus has ruled out Mateo, no rule out listed for Darwin.

Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community - View Single Post - Ruled Out Confirmed Rule Outs

Is Darwin Garcia still missing?

Charley project says

Darwin Daniel Garcia
Garcia, 15, ran away from his Immokalee, Florida home on June 13, 2008. He was found safe in June 2010.
http://www.charleyproject.org/resolved/resolved64.html

but he is still on the Collier County sheriff's website.
http://www2.colliersheriff.org/internet/vdi/caseprofiles/CCSOMissing/CaseProfile.aspx?ID=48&i=0

Missing: Darwin Garcia
Missing Child Endangered

Case Number: 08-17961 Missing Since: 06/13/2008
3 years, 1 month ago.

Since the day he was found, a gray, lifeless, computer-generated composite drawing has been the best guess of what the boy might have looked like.
Until Friday.

[...]

Forensic anthropologist Erin Kimmerle, an associate professor at the University of South Florida, spearheaded the project dubbed the Art of Forensics. She brought in 11 forensic artists to create clay facial models of nine unidentified victims from Florida's cold case files.

http://home.tampabay.com/news/publicsafety/crime/forensic-artist-uses-cracked-skull-as-a-canvas-to-solve-unknown-boys-2009/2250211

He was about 5-feet tall. He wore size 30 Ice Pole brand jeans. He carried a Chopper brand wallet with a chain. He rolled his own cigarettes and lit them with a red lighter.

Bone density patterns suggested he did a lot of bending and heavy lifting. The woods where he was found are adjacent to a tomato field. He likely did agricultural work, the kind common among Wimauma's migrant labor community.

He carried La Tarjeta Gorda — a "Fat Card" — with $5 prepaid for phone calls to Latin America. Chemical isotope testing of his bones suggests he may have come from Guatemala, or the Oaxaca region of Mexico.

http://home.tampabay.com/news/publi...s-a-canvas-to-solve-unknown-boys-2009/2250211

What's going on in this city...Just came across this while searching for a MP...

Identified...Identified...Identified

No_Image_Available_male.jpg

Date of Discovery: December 30, 2017
Location of Discovery: Wimauma, Hillsborough County, Florida
Estimated Date of Death: Unknown
State of Remains: Decomposed
Cause of Death: Unknown

Physical Description
Estimated Age: 20-40 years old
Race: White
Sex: Male
Height: Unknown
Weight: Unknown
Hair Color: Unknown
Eye Color: Unknown
Distinguishing Marks/Features: Torso not recovered.

DOE NETWORK

[QUOTE="
[/QUOTE]
Any idea who this was identified as?

Any idea who this was identified as?[/QUOTE]

I just checked briefly but I'm not finding any information...LE may be investigating... They have numerous UIDs on their website, but no mention of partial remains from 2017...

NCMEC Rendering of clay model
UP4976.jpg

Clearer version of NCMEC's previous reconstruction
UP4976 previous.jpg

Bumping case up.
I don't think the two reconstructions look a lot like each other. Do we think the clay model is probably closer?
Poor "kid." An unidentified probable migrant worker is heartbreaking.

Bumping case up.
I don't think the two reconstructions look a lot like each other. Do we think the clay model is probably closer?
Poor "kid." An unidentified probable migrant worker is heartbreaking.
They don’t look alike to me either. His face in the clay would be based off the skull wouldn’t it?? Definitely more of an indigenous look to him and appears younger. If he was late teens or early 20s, I would think the wisdom teeth, either erupted or not, would pinpoint the age better. 20-40 is an adult and dentals would show that I would think.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
crimedeepdives23
Back