Singer Jenni Rivera's plane off radar, feared crashed in northern Mexico, Dec 2012

wfgodot

Former Member
Reaction score
Plane of singer Jenni Rivera missing in Mexico (San Antonio Express-News)
MEXICO (AP) — A small plane carrying Mexican-American singer Jenni Rivera went missing early Sunday after taking off from the city of Monterrey, authorities in northern Mexico confirmed Sunday.

Jorge Domene, spokesman for the Nuevo Leon state government, told Milenio television on Sunday that the plane left Monterrey about 3:30 a.m local time after a concert there and aviation authorities lost contact with the craft about 10 minutes later. It had been scheduled to arrive in Toluca, which is located outside Mexico City, about an hour later.
---
The 43-year-old is known for her interpretations of Mexican regional music known as nortena and banda.
California-born singer and reality star Jenni Rivera feared dead after plane goes missing in Mexico (Daily Mail)
---
Born in Long Beach, California, to Mexican immigrant parents, Rivera has sold some 15 million records in her career and won several awards and Grammy nominations, her website said.
---
She also currently stars in the reality TV show I Love Jenni on the Mun2 network.
---
Three days ago, it was reported that Rivera had agreed to shoot a pilot for a new ABC sitcom called Jenni.
more at the links

Uncertainty reigns.
---
The mayor of the town of Iturbide in Nuevo Leon state, Jose Antonio Gonzalez, said a plane had been located in the municipality of Los Tejocotes, but it has not been confirmed that it is the plane Rivera was travelling in.

Jorge Domene, spokesman for Nuevo Leon's government, said he didn't have any knowledge of her plane being found.
---
http://tinyurl.com/ccjzkqz (same Express-News/AP link as above but updated)

AP tweet just in:
The Associated Press ‏@AP
BREAKING: Mexican official: Wreckage of plane believed to be carrying Jenni Rivera found; no survivors -RJJ

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-rXBUzWREQc"]Jenni Rivera - De Contrabando.m4v - YouTube[/ame]

That is so sad. She has five children. :cry:

Aunque sea de ves en cuando
Aunque sea de contrabando
Pero amame
---
Even once in awhile
Though it must be hidden -
But love me

The refrain from the song posted above, roughly translated

Tears.

Jenni was larger than life. I LOVE how she was so fabulous in the male world of banda. Every morning at 6:00AM I'd wait until one of her videos would come on, and sing words I had no clue what they meant. It was her passion that counted. Her demand of the microphone. That voice.

The world has lost a force to raise domestic violence awareness.

RIP Jenni

One of my fave dresses she wore

http://www.aceshowbiz.com/images/wennpic/jenni-rivera-univisions-2010-press-room-01.jpg

And as silly as it sounds this Diva had some of the best eye makeup on this planet and probably a few others.

That is so sad. She has five children. :cry:

Sadly she didn't have the easiest life. A few of those children were born when she was very young. Thankfully her family is musical and she made her way. More sad is her one husband hurt her daughter and her sister. He was consequently locked up.

It makes me so sad when someone overcomes so many hurdles and has such a gift and their life is cut short. She's always had me mesmerized. She is so special too because she gave me time with my DD as she'd translate for me what the lyrics were and we'd dance around.

Sorry just had to share.

Million watt smile. Curves.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WUhqY2gczYU"]Jenni Rivera - Culpable O Inocente - YouTube[/ame]

I've never heard of her before but my heart breaks for her family and friends. Also some of the family needs to get her 11 year old son off Twitter. His tweets are heartbreaking it seems as if he's in total denial and some of her family is not helping the situation (giving him false hope that she's alive and not giving up on finding her) and neither are the psychics. :-/

Jenni Rivera Linked to Drug Cartel, Witness Claims in New Report

On the one month anniversary of Jenni Rivera’s death, new details are emerging about the alleged involvement that “La Diva de la Banda” had with a drug cartel in Mexico.
Various sources such as Univision, La Opinión and the Mexican daily Reforma are reporting that a new witness has come forth exposing Rivera’s working relationship with the criminal organization.

Read more: http://latino.foxnews.com/latino/en...l-claims-witness-in-new-report/#ixzz2HYCD1ot1

I'm only updating this, and some of this stuff is old, but here it is.
After two years of investigating whether or not Jenni Rivera's death was an accident, Mexican officials' efforts have come up inconclusive.

"We haven't been able to [find out what happened] and the investigation is over," said Gilberto Gomez Meyer, director of civil aviation in Mexico, in an episode of "El Gordo y La Flaca." "But the impact was so violent, the velocity of the impact was, surely, supersonic. It was so big that the only thing we could find ... that was identifiable from the black box of the recorder was the covering, or the outer layer."

Meyer went on to explain that the exterior of the black box is a bright red. There was nothing else that could be identified because any pieces of evidence were destroyed in the crash.

[...]

Known as “La Diva de La Banda,” Rivera was celebrated for her music, but she also openly shared details about her personal life, including how she overcame challenges, including becoming a teenage mother and suffering through abusive relationships.

She kept hush, however, about her biggest secret.

In 2019, Pepe Garza, a radio personality, shocked fans when he released a previously unheard interview
[in Spanish] with Rivera recorded nearly five months before she died.

In the interview, posted on YouTube, Rivera shares her fears about performing and her concerns about a side to her career fans never knew about.

ETA:

Last edited:

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cabinsleuth