GUILTY TX - Ibonne Zamudio, 20, brutally murdered, Richardson, 13 June 2008

All 3 of them look really really scary. Why would such a young pretty girl even want to go anywhere with the creeps to begin with? I google earthed the address. The house looks like it's in a pretty upscale neighborhood.
CRACK maybe? Maybe she was an addict and they offered it. That is the only thing I can think of.:confused:

All 3 of them look really really scary. Why would such a young pretty girl even want to go anywhere with the creeps to begin with? I google earthed the address. The house looks like it's in a pretty upscale neighborhood.

She was a prostitute.

Where did you read that she was a prostitue?

I believe that it states that in the affidavit, I think in Jones statement. That Ziegler (sp??) pick-up Jones and a prostitute.

I agree with that looks like a pretty darned nice house for the appearence of the owner. Kinda odd. :waitasec:

Where did you read that she was a prostitue?

It was part of the pdf affadavit:

pdf1.jpg

Hope that's readable.

OK I admit I didn't read the article,(due to other posters graphic warnings) but I thought the boy involved was the murdered womans child. Who's child was he?? If they picked her up and she was a prostitute, I'm not sure if I believe the murder on this one, and went back to the Matisi residence as stated in the affidavit was the child Matisi's son?? Or Eric Zigler's since it was his room?

OK I admit I didn't read the article,(due to other posters graphic warnings) but I thought the boy involved was the murdered womans child. Who's child was he?? If they picked her up and she was a prostitute, I'm not sure if I believe the murder on this one, and went back to the Matisi residence as stated in the affidavit was the child Matisi's son?? Or Eric Zigler's since it was his room?

The boy is Matisi's son.

Zeigler picked up the prostitute, then Jones and they all went back to Matisi's house where Zeigler was staying. Matisi joined them there to smoke crack.

I am going to google the address and figure out exactly where this residence is. But I work in Richardson, and alot of it is VERY nice. The police have a large presence here and they keep everything very cleaned up and nice, lots of wildflowers planted in the springtime, lots of beautiful homes, and it is a higher income area. There are, however, bad parts to Richardson as well as any city.

OH MY!!!!

Yes, yes that is a VERY nice neighborhood. I drive past this neighborhood every day to and from work. It is an area with large, beautiful homes, lots of nearyby parks and lakes. It's typical to see children playing outside, people walking their dogs, nice cars.

WARNING: The below link contains GRAPHIC DETAILS.

http://www.dallasnews.com/sharedcon...ories/061708dnmetrichardsondeath.4dca10c.html

Records show that James and Theresa Matisi were married Oct. 7, 1988, and divorced Jan. 29, 2007. Ms. Matisi could not be reached for comment Monday.

The Matisis had lived at the two-story Kensington Drive home – which is in Collin County – for nearly a dozen years. Neighbors said Monday that police had been called to the home to investigate domestic disturbances in the past, including an incident two years ago in which a fearful and bruised Ms. Matisi fled from her husband to a neighbor's house.
Collin County records show that Mr. Matisi was arrested March 7, 2006, and charged with felony assault causing injury to a family member.
He pleaded guilty and was sentenced to 90 days in jail, 80 days of community service and ordered to attend an anger-management program.

Mr. Ziegler has a lengthy criminal history in Dallas County, mostly on drug-related charges.

This was only the 2nd slaying in Richardson for 2008.

The above link is a message posted by someone claiming to be James Matisi, and talking about losing a child and COD was determined as SIDS but James and Theresa do not believe that. Very sad. I wonder if that is part of what got him into the crack. Not that it excuses anything, by any means.

I googled James Matisi, and found a forum somewhere where someone posted the story of the murder and stated he knew James. He said James was a real intelligent guy that got into crack.

The poor 10 year old kid, it sounds like his life has been VERY tough even before this happened. :(

From StillHopin's link:

Mr. Matisi's son was placed in foster care, where he remained Monday. It is unclear whether the child witnessed the slaying or its aftermath, but Child Protective Services officials said they would have him meet with a therapist. CPS officials are also planning to interview the boy's mother to determine the best placement for him, a spokeswoman said.

---------
I'm glad they are having him meet with a therapist. I hope he will be placed with family members if his mother is unsuitable to care for him.

Ibonne Zamudio is a young girl. Was a young girl. That is just so sad. :(

Unfortunately I think that little boy has already seen and heard some extremely awful stuff. Then the poor kid has to deal with that? Dear Lord.

This is an example that drugs show no prejudice. They cross all socio- econimic backgrounds. They don't discriminate by age, sex or race or religion. So sad.

Meanwhile I am sure that Matisi's neighbors were just thrilled with what was going on at his house. I can just imagine.

Oh Eric Ziegler was Matisi's roomate? O.K. Man, I lay money that it was Ziegler that decided to dismember that poor girl. There's a bad choice for a roomate. From the link it says he went inot Matisi's room and said "I think I broke her leg, but she's still breathing".

Whoa.

I remembered this case and did a little follow up. It seems as though the owner of the house, James Matisi has had the charges brought against him dropped by a grand jury. http://grantsrant.wordpress.com/2008/08/18/update-richardson-murder/
I also found quite a few instances of him responding on message boards regarding his involvment in the case, whether or not it is truly him, I don't know. He seems to claim total innocence in regards to both drugs and the crime itself, which I would like to believe, especially for his son's sake, but it contradicts what the police report says. Anyway, this was such a gruesome crime, especially to have a child there in the same house, I wanted to share the update.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wdavewong
Back