Elisa Baker - Life Before Adam

For me, it proves the EB has a propensity to commit fraud..means anything out of her mouth cannot be taken as fact, she appears to be a master manipulator...JMHO

Justice for Zahra

ETA:
It would also show that AB was a victim of her lies/fraud...it might work against her and work for AB...JMHO

MK - Tell me what you are thinking. I'm missing the boat here. I am completely NOT surprised that she would be a bigamist, but I'm having trouble seeing a possible connection to this case.

Well, to be honest, I need alot of clarification before I can decide how relevent this bigamy issue might be. For example, on what legal grounds was AB, an Australian citizen, living in the states for 2 years? Was it because he was "legally" married to a US citizen?

I honestly don't know a great deal about immigration laws, so I'm hoping that other posters can offer insight.

I am not trying to squelch anyone's conversation-and maybe I am just a little hard-headed this morning. But I think there a number of examples that EB is not a truthful person-the checkwriting charges are the most benign representation of that.

AB may or may not be here legally...which I dont think is the topic of the thread but it may head in that direction.

To me, in the grand scheme of things, this is minimal compared to the willful murder of a child. The murder trumps all of it. But that is just me.

Could be VERY relevant to this case on a number of levels, imo.

I think it definitely goes to show her character and deceitfulness. She seems to have quite a few skeletons in her closet - many of which can be helpful to this case (like bigamy).

MOO

Mel

I am not trying to squelch anyone's conversation-and maybe I am just a little hard-headed this morning. But I think there a number of examples that EB is not a truthful person-the checkwriting charges are the most benign representation of that.

AB may or may not be here legally...which I dont think is the topic of the thread but it may head in that direction.

To me, in the grand scheme of things, this is minimal compared to the willful murder of a child. The murder trumps all of it. But that is just me.

Yes, her murder DOES trump everything else. And making sure that every single person involved is punished to the full extent of the law is the ONLY thing we can do for Zahra now. Anything that might affect an eventual trial matters to me.

MOO

No, you're not hard headed :) I compare this to the Kyron case where everyone is throwing each other under the bus in areas where it doesn't seem to concern Kyron. For example, how does Kaine saying Terri may have taken body enhancing drugs have anything to do with his dissapearence.

Then again, if you take the totality of all facts, line them up accordingly, LE may see a disturbing pattern (in the Zahra case). For me, I don't think they should leave any stone unturned.

But that's just my opinion ;)

Hugs,

Mel

Can LE buy more time on bigamy charges also???
Until they can charge her with murder?
I'm thinking a higher bond and no bail reduction with added charge!!!
Anything that keeps her behind bars!!!

I think it definitely goes to show her character and deceitfulness. She seems to have quite a few skeletons in her closet - many of which can be helpful to this case (like bigamy).

MOO

Mel

And there's also the possibility that AB knew their marriage wasn't legal. Did AB eventually put 2 and 2 together? I would think this would lead to a very volitile situation in the home, if that were the case.

Just speculating...nothing solid to go on.

What if it is part of the motivation for the murder of the child ?

What if Adam found out, wasn't happy and realized his peril of being suddenly an illegal, and had made plans to leave because it dawned on him what kind of person she was. What if this led to fights, arguments and EB targeting Zahra because of it ?

Personally I don't care about the issue of bigamy but truthfully, it could have some bearing on Zahra's life in that home, how she was treated, and it could have some bearing on her death. I ddon't know, but from articles written, not just this one, LE has also investigated the issue.

And there's also the possibility that AB knew their marriage wasn't legal. If AY did, in fact, show AB the marriage license (as he claims he did), then did AB eventually put 2 and 2 together? I would think this would lead to a very volitile situation in the home, if that were the case.

Just speculating...nothing solid to go on.

It also could have been he was told about the online affair, or not. It would definitely cause for friction between them.

I think the bigamy may speak to immagration status, and more importantly why certain services that should have been available to Zahra were not sought out and taken advantage of. I feel EB did not pursue medical care/coverage for Zahra because of the shaky status of the marriage and citizenship. MOO

ETA Until we have some idea of COD, I don't see where we can dismiss this information out of hand as not relevant or not contributing to whatever went down.

I'd really like the hear how this might affect AB's immigration status. Maybe one of the lawyers will weigh in.

It also could have been he was told about the online affair, or not. It would definitely cause for friction between them.

Well, we don't really know that there WAS an online affair, do we? We have no idea what the nature of that relationship was...could be something perfectly innocent.

JMO

I'd really like the hear how this might affect AB's immigration status. Maybe one of the lawyers will weigh in.

We need a lawyer thread for this forum so we can ask them that question. And more questions. I'm surprised we don't have one yet.

I wonder too about this, and I'm hoping his immigration status doesn't affect this case in a way that benefits him. Then again, I don't think Australia wants him back.

Well, we don't really know that there WAS an online affair, do we? We have no idea what the nature of that relationship was...could be something perfectly innocent.

JMO

Actually no we don't know. Yet it did warrant enough concern for her daughter to call it one.

Actually no we don't know. Yet it did warrant enough concern for her daughter to call it one.

One of the daughters actually said "affair"? Do you have a link , because I completely missed that info. TIA

§50-6. Divorce after separation of one year on application of either party

§ 50-6. Divorce after separation of one year on application of either partyMarriages may be dissolved and the parties thereto divorced from the bonds of matrimony on the application of either party

Marriages may be dissolved and the parties thereto divorced from the bonds of matrimony on the application of either party, if and when the husband and wife have lived separate and apart for one year, and the plaintiff or defendant in the suit for divorce has resided in the State for a period of six months. A divorce under this section shall not be barred to either party by any defense or plea based upon any provision of G.S. 50-7, a plea of res judicata, or a plea of recrimination. Notwithstanding the provisions of G.S. 50-11, or of the common law, a divorce under this section shall not affect the rights of a dependent spouse with respect to alimony which have been asserted in the action or any other pending action.

Whether there has been a resumption of marital relations during the period of separation shall be determined pursuant to G.S. 52-10.2. Isolated incidents of sexual intercourse between the parties shall not toll the statutory period required for divorce predicated on separation of one year.

Didn't EB say in one of her letters "my soon to be ex-husband". Does she think she's legally married? Is she legally married?

Certainly a question I cannot answer.

Mel

We need a lawyer thread for this forum so we can ask them that question. And more questions. I'm surprised we don't have one yet.

I wonder too about this, and I'm hoping his immigration status doesn't affect this case in a way that benefits him. Then again, I don't think Australia wants him back.

There is a thread for questions to the lawyers.

[ame="http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?t=118913"]Questions for our VERIFIED LAWYERS*~*~*NO DISCUSSIONS*~*~* - Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community[/ame]

One of the daughters actually said "affair"? Do you have a link , because I completely missed that info. TIA

I stand corrected it said "relationship".

In a Catawba County courtroom Wednesday, Amber Fairchild, 25, described her mother, Elisa Baker, as a potentially violent and unstable woman who has severed ties with her N.C. family and begun an online relationship with a man in London.

Read more: http://www.charlotteobserver.com/20...calls-give-parents-version.html#ixzz15eL0NRd5

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dil2288
Back