Syringe in bottle contained traces of chloroform

Status
Not open for further replies.
what was the blip for the syringe findings......was it tiny like the blip for the bottle?

I respect everyone's opinion, but anyone who has studied those phone reports might wonder how this talk and text addicted, attention addicted, selfish woman-child can sit still long enough to successful make a very reactive chemical substance? I am not saying it's impossible, but I am having a hard time picturing it. Maybe if her true goal was to use it for sexual activity I could picture it. I think she could be careful enough and give it enough attention to make it if she thought it might help her out in the sex department. Or maybe if she thought it would put the baby to sleep long enough to have her fun I could see it. But to use it strictly for murder, I can't see it. Too many easier ways to kill a child as sad as that is. Still, when in the world was she making it? She was on the phone almost 24-7 and I can't see her talking and texting away while mixing up a batch of chemicals.

The Testosterone might have been added to help her out in 'the sex department' too. :innocent:

QUOTE=The Eunice Burns;4405352]Someone who wanted a memento of his major role in this case. MO is that Kronk is an odd character in this unending list of odd characters connected to this case, but I don't think he had anything to do w/ Caylee's death or the disposal of her remains. I think he put some thoughts together and went on a mission......and sometimes I wish it had been a more "average Joe" citizen who had found Caylee.

Resp BBM -- Oh, I hope I didn't seem to be trying to cast doubt on Kronk--I was just getting at exactly what you said in your last sentence above. LOL

I knew what you meant, Friday. I just took my theory as to why he took the snake, and then, as is my tendency, went further in my post . I do wax on........

Because they haven't showed us print evidence on the trash in the trunk.

Do you know Casey's choice of drink habits? What makes you look at other people to find the source of the Gatorade ? - it was found with her child, who was decomposing in her car.

I think I can help put the concentration of chloroform in perspective.

Page 11578 shows the GC-MS plot with the Q238.1 finding of chloroform (I have circled in red):

View attachment 6127

This is a zoomed image of the top plot found on the previous page 11577. Note that in this view the chloroform barely shows as a blip relative to the fatty acids and other compounds found:

View attachment 6128

But even that image is a zoomed view of the bottom plot from page 11577. In that plot, chloroform does not even show up:

View attachment 6129

So, IMO, chloroform is an insignificant component of the Gatorade liquid.

And then Q240.1.1 is even less than that. I think what this comes down to is that the lab was asked to look for chloroform and they did, and then noted it wherever it was reasonable to do so. Which doesn't mean that ultimately any of this chloroform business in either the Gatorade bottle (and especially the syringe) is anything that anybody on the prosecution side is taking as important.

Now - if you want to talk about a lot of chloroform...look at Q22!

240-1
.-.-.-.-.-
~Let's call the whole thing off~

ACK!!!!!!!! The old axiom comes to mind......Be Careful What You Wish For. We wanted a doc dump, and this is what we got.

If that syringe actually once contained liquid chloroform, the residual concentration found in the liquids (inside syringe and inside bottle) should be much higher I would think.

ppt = parts per trillion

"One part per trillion (1 ppt) is a proportion equivalent to one-twentieth of a drop of water diluted into a two-meter-deep, Olympic-size swimming pool."

Well, if you're taking that from my estimate...hold off. It will be what the Dog and the Bond come back with it that will have much more weight than any "big hammer" approach I took should have.

Plus it was found in the disney bag. Casey and Caylee had tons of disney stuff. She should have admitted that something went wrong that she intended no real harm like death and faced her consequences instead of all the lies and the poor baby out in the weather for months rotting. What a total vile human being she is. Only caring about herself. Her mother would have gladly raised Caylee and Casey could have been foot loose and fancy free. I think her mother tried to make Casey take her responsibility to Caylee since she had her and be a mother. Wish she had realized what a sick person Casey is. Knowing what she knows now I know she would have saved Caylee from this.

The Anthonys used Baquacil- so even if they emptied their pool into the ground ( do people really do that?) it would not contain chlorine.

No, people in South Florida do not drain their pools in the winter, because it never gets cold enough to freeze. Many people use their pools year around down there, I always did.

In addtition, if the pool is drained empty, and big rains come, it can cause the pool to float, and so pop out of the ground.

Plus it was found in the disney bag. Casey and Caylee had tons of disney stuff. She should have admitted that something went wrong that she intended no real harm like death and faced her consequences instead of all the lies and the poor baby out in the weather for months rotting. What a total vile human being she is. Only caring about herself. Her mother would have gladly raised Caylee and Casey could have been foot loose and fancy free. I think her mother tried to make Casey take her responsibility to Caylee since she had her and be a mother. Wish she had realized what a sick person Casey is. Knowing what she knows now I know she would have saved Caylee from this.

Oliver, could be she did intend harm, and so couldn't provide the body as it would have quickly been discovered that it was not an accident, but murder... So she invented the nanny story and stuck to it hoping Caylee would never be found. This is where the new evidence, chloroform etc comes in.

It seems as if you all are about to concur that traces of chloroform in the syringe are either insignificant or don't exist. If so, someone should probably adjust the title of this thread to spare newcomers the mental anguish of trying to absorb 1,300 posts, many of them highly scientific. :)

And then Q240.1.1 is even less than that. I think what this comes down to is that the lab was asked to look for chloroform and they did, and then noted it wherever it was reasonable to do so. Which doesn't mean that ultimately any of this chloroform business in either the Gatorade bottle (and especially the syringe) is anything that anybody on the prosecution side is taking as important.

Now - if you want to talk about a lot of chloroform...look at Q22!

Do you have a page number for Q22? or could you tell me which piece of evidence Q22 is since the tables are Greek to me.
Also, if anyone that knows about bugs has time could they pop over into the entomology report thread and answer a couple questions there? TIA

what do you suppose the cardboard rolls were for?

Most likely just a concealment method. It would definitely raise suspicion/questions if someone(anyone) was holding a gatorade bottle and you saw a syringe floating around in it. Most of the gatorade flavors are lighter in color (if memory is correct). Blue being the one that would conceal the most.

Do you have a page number for Q22? or could you tell me which piece of evidence Q22 is since the tables are Greek to me.
Also, if anyone that knows about bugs has time could they pop over into the entomology report thread and answer a couple questions there? TIA

Start page 11257, and then actual test report for Q22 is on page 11268.

It would definitely raise suspicion/questions if someone(anyone) was holding a gatorade bottle and you saw a syringe floating around in it.

Whereas a Gatorade bottle with a cardboard toilet paper roll inside raises no suspicions because it's a fairly common sight. :waitasec:

I am still digesting the whole thing about a syringe with chloroform traces in it.. and I keep coming up with different opinions and arguing with myself, so my thought at any moment may be different to what I think an hour later.. (just so I am not misleading anyone)... assuming for the moment there was sufficient chloroform in that needle, in sufficent concentrations to do harm.. it just doesn't fit that lazy KC would use it.. a pillow would do to kill a toddler.. or just the duct tape..

I wonder if the chloroform in the needle might have been meant for someone else.. like the person who originally used it for a testosterone injection.. "Oh let me help daddy! I'll fill a syringe for you! There you go.." ..for one example.

Then she changed her mind or figured out that it wouldn't work as she had intended or maybe it evaporated before she could put the plan into action and she abandoned the syringe and the gator aid container with the chloroform in it when she placed the body in the woods.... just more speculation, but at the moment nothing seems to fit right...

If you check the last few pages of this thread
[ame="http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?t=91214"]Syringe in bottle contained traces of chloroform[/ame]
It's beginning to look like the amount of chloroform found was insignificant.

Whereas a Gatorade bottle with a cardboard toilet paper roll inside raises no suspicions because it's a fairly common sight. :waitasec:

What would you find more suspicious...a cardboard that will absorbe the liquid its contained in and blend in with the rest of the contents or a loose SYRINGE flopping around in a clear bottle???

I guess you haven't' been around drug users too much (good thing) the methods of concealment are not the most ingenious but they tend to not raise suspicions if you don't know what to look for. JMHO

Hang on - lol.

It says that Q238 (the bottle), Q238.2 (the piece of plastic in the bottle), Q239 (the two rolls of cardboard in the bottle), Q240 (the world of disney bag) and Q240.1 the syringe from Q240, were not analyzed. It does not state that Q238.1 (liquid contents of the bottle), or Q240.1.1 (contents of the syringe) weren't analyzed. They were.
Exactly. The contents of the syringe were analyzed but not the syringe itsself. That was the confusion.

Also in the LIST of the items they received TO test, it states that Q240.1.1 was INSIDE of Q240 which it was not, it was inside of Q238. AND in the end, the bag, Q240 was also listed as INSIDE the bottle...that was the confusion. :blushing:

Carrie provided the link to show where this was all cleared up. I will go and get it. Be right back.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member