Armchair psych profile and personal background

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've been trying to find info about who (what types of people/their mental status) become fans of and enamoured with horrific criminals. So far.....I've found nothing.

Anyone else looking for this info?

I honestly don't get people wanting to visit or write him in jail. What is wrong with these people?

Here is a link to the detention centre he's at and people are asking how they can write him or visit him. Very disturbing. It's in french so you'll have to use google translator but it's basically asking if he is allowed visitors, if he speaks or understands french, if they can write to him, if they can visit, etc etc

They talk about compassion for the accused killer. Ugh! WTF is wrong with the world? How about having compassion for the victim and his family for pete's sake!

http://wikimapia.org/1719857/fr/Centre-de-Détention-de-Rivière-des-Prairies

They must be monsters..
http://news.nationalpost.com/2012/0...other-says-during-memorial-for-slain-student/
We dare not imagine how much suffering Jun underwent, how much horror he felt on the day he was murdered one month ago. He was such a kind and caring person. Anytime we saw his photos tears sprouted from our eyes. We wept and wept until our tears were exhausted, our voices were choked and we could not get a word out. Our lovely son, poor child, where are you now? Where are you? Your mom and dad miss you. We miss you very much, so much…"

I've been trying to find info about who (what types of people/their mental status) become fans of and enamoured with horrific criminals. So far.....I've found nothing.

desperate? naive? codependent? in denial? just plain stupid?

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/relationships/7800865/Women-who-date-death-row-prisoners.html
"The author Sheila Isenberg interviewed three dozen women for her book Women Who Love Men Who Kill, ranging from those who dated notorious serial killers, to women who fell for the neighbourhood bad boy. They came from all walks of life, from lawyers to secretaries. All had a background of troubled relationships – either with partners, or in childhood.

The women gained a sense of purpose through associating with their men. 'If someone's facing the death penalty and they're trying to get their conviction overturned or their sentence shortened and you're the one who's dealing with it, you become very important and powerful. Some of these women in their earlier lives have not been in this kind of position of power,' says Isenberg.

They claimed that they hadn't planned their relationships. 'They get swept off their feet with the whole thing. They take it to mean love but it's really a bunch of other complex psychological phenomena.'

Quoted from dotr's post above:

---------------

The women gained a sense of purpose through associating with their men. 'If someone's facing the death penalty and they're trying to get their conviction overturned or their sentence shortened and you're the one who's dealing with it, you become very important and powerful. Some of these women in their earlier lives have not been in this kind of position of power,' says Isenberg.

:tyou:

I must be a monster.

I do plan on writing Luka Magnotta. I'm not a 'fan', I'm not 'in love'. I want to know what you all are wanting to know. I'm just gonna try to go to the source and ask for it. Maybe I still won't find out but it's worth a couple of stamps to try.

I must be a monster.

I do plan on writing Luka Magnotta. I'm not a 'fan', I'm not 'in love'. I want to know what you all are wanting to know. I'm just gonna try to go to the source and ask for it. Maybe I still won't find out but it's worth a couple of stamps to try.

BE CAREFUL. PLEASE.....BE CAREFUL TO NOT LET HIM GET A HOLD ON YOU. HE'S EXTREMELY CUNNING.....

:please:

I must be a monster.

Save the money and donate it to the SPCA. :moo:

Quoted from dotr's post above:

---------------

:tyou:

And this....

They claimed that they hadn't planned their relationships. 'They get swept off their feet with the whole thing. They take it to mean love but it's really a bunch of other complex psychological phenomena.'

Cuckoooo
cuckoo.gif

I must be a monster.

I can relate to your curiosity. Let me know what he says! Although I doubt he can/will say much of anything before trial. The do read every single word that comes in and goes out of a jail/prison.

BE CAREFUL. PLEASE.....BE CAREFUL TO NOT LET HIM GET A HOLD ON YOU. HE'S EXTREMELY CUNNING.....

:please:
The key here is to be more cunning - beat him at his own game. Me, personally, I am far too caring a person to do that to him. But if a few screws became a little loose...

The key here is to be more cunning - beat him at his own game. Me, personally, I am far too caring a person to do that to him. But if a few screws became a little loose...

He loves games. He's been playing for years. What makes anyone believe he's going to be truthful in anything he says? :waitasec:

To ~n/t~ - I also don't get how/why people want to see him, write to him, etc. But let's face it.....this happens in MANY high-profile cases. I'm thinking of Scott Peterson in California. He's on death row and (apparently) he has women craving his attention.

I suspect we might have some posters/lurkers here who tend to be enamoured of LRM. :what:
Y'all devote a large portion of your lives to trying to figure him out on this forum, yet you think it's odd that someone might want to cut to the chase and get inside his head via a more direct route?

Well, LM will not be the first I have written. And I don't plan to ask about JL because first of all, I wouldn't expect he would say anything to incriminate himself since he plead not guilty. I wanna know who this guy is. Obviously everyone here does or we wouldn't even be having this discussion.

I'm married with a little boy, I'm nearly 30 years old. I'm not some obsessed teenage girl.

Just wanted to post this very good video about fetal alcohol syndrome and the very different ways it can affect an unborn child. Not pointing fingers at all, just keeping in mind that many pregnant teenage girls (and otherwise) binge drink or drink before realizing they are pregnant and only later to realize that " bad or unusual behaviors" of a child/adult, were as a result of drinking. (I was thinking of LM's bulging "devil horns".)
Fetal Alcohol Spectrum Disorder (FASD) - YouTube
The reality of the situation is that fetal alcohol syndrom happens over time. It is ridiculous to believe that a mother who drank alot during months 1 and 2 before they knew they were pregnant would result in FAS. Moderate amount of alcohol over a 9 month span is much more dangerous than copious amounts during the first 2 or 3.

I love this board with all of our ideas.

I was thinking just the opposite. It gives the lonely woman her own sort of 5 minutes of fame or "infamy" and she has a hubby that is never around. What better husband than one that can't bug you if you like living alone? Too bad he can't fix things or help with the bills, in fact just create more for her, but at least he can't whine and complain about anything. Lol. :p

I agree, we are just on different pages of the same book.

Well, LM will not be the first I have written. And I don't plan to ask about JL because first of all, I wouldn't expect he would say anything to incriminate himself since he plead not guilty. I wanna know who this guy is. Obviously everyone here does or we wouldn't even be having this discussion.

I'm married with a little boy, I'm nearly 30 years old. I'm not some obsessed teenage girl.
"Obviously everyone here does or we wouldn't even be having this discussion"

My sentiment exactly!

Please don't include me in the "everyone". I echo Jun Lin's mom's description of him. A monster. I don't need to know anything more

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
zipperoni