The 911 Call

There's a thread for discussing DR. This is the reason for the child boards. Please take your DR related discussions there.

Topics are bound to blend sometimes especially when replying to a post so get used to it....oh and your "child board " seemed to draw you in for some reason....

Per interview with Aaron, he seemed to have seen a flash of a gun, but sometimes details do get distorted and exaggerated:

"Aaron remembers seeing the metal flash of a handgun and hearing a voice break the darkness.

A man who seemed to have come out of nowhere told them to stop, he has a gun, get off their bikes and lay down in the ditch on their stomachs."

http://www.parkrapidsenterprise.com/content/wetterling-friend-relives-kidnapping-daily

the article from the Strib only says "flash of a gun":

By Richard Meryhew, Star Tribune
October 21, 2009
Even now, 20 years later, Aaron Larson plays it back daily, wondering what he might have done, said or seen to make things turn out differently. "It's difficult to think about all the things that might have been," Larson said softly. "It's something I think about every single day."

"The first thing I remember was the flash of the gun, and a guy saying, 'Stop, I have a gun,'" Larson recalled. "I caught my breath. I thought it was a high school kid pulling a joke on us. ... Then it hits you: this is happening, it's no joke." The man ordered them to lie face-down in the roadside ditch. Larson remembers his heart "going 1,000 beats a minute," but having no clue what was happening. "You didn't hear about people being kidnapped or abducted. It didn't cross my mind." The man asked Trevor to look at him, then asked his age. He did the same with Aaron, then Jacob. "Then he told Trevor to run as fast as he can to the woods...

I don't think Jared's assault was in the papers.

Actually, Jared's assault was reported on twice in the Cold Spring Record, and once on the front of the St Cloud Times.

I would assume the circulation of the St Cloud times was in the 100,000 range in 1989. It surely would have been known throughout central MN.

Actually, Jared's assault was reported on twice in the Cold Spring Record, and once on the front of the St Cloud Times.

So they all looked directly at the perp? Very interesting. ..I would assume a sketch was done.

yeah real funny stuff isn't it Sas?

I think he was being sarcastic. Bucshunter, why don't you look at KARE 11 Julie Nelson's interview of DR online and tell me what you think about DR grinning nearly throughout the interview. Was that "real funny stuff?" The guy's a POI in a child abduction case that has caused the child's family considerable pain as well as the community, and all he can do is grin and laugh? I don't think he did himself any favors doing that interview.

This is not funny at all. You posted this directly under the conversation of Jared's abduction. Jared's perp didn't wear a mask BTW, and yes, a sketch of Jared's perp was the primary visual used in the JW abduction.

Of what? A masked head? LOL

I think he was being sarcastic. Bucshunter, why don't you look at KARE 11 Julie Nelson's interview of DR online and tell me what you think about DR grinning nearly throughout the interview. Was that "real funny stuff?" The guy's a POI in a child abduction case that has caused the child's family considerable pain as well as the community, and all he can do is grin and laugh? I don't think he did himself any favors doing that interview.

Agreed.

DR is a weird dude, with weird mannerisms, a weird voice, and weird choices of words. That doesn't mean he's a child abductor.

I know plenty of people who laugh awkwardly in uncomfortable situations. I also know plenty of people who choose to phrase things in strange ways. Often, it has to do with a person assuming that others think of things in the same way that they do. People often assume that the knowledge base and thought processes of others is the same or similar to their own. When they are wrong, their words can come across as incongruous with the rest of the scenario. To me, Dan seems indignant in his interviews. He seems like he thinks it should be obvious to everybody that he had nothing to do with the crime.

Dan should maybe be a POI because of his proximity to the crime, his lack of alibi, and perhaps some of the choices he made in the minutes and hours after the abduction. He should not be a POI because he is a weird dude.

This is not funny at all. You posted this directly under the conversation of Jared's abduction. Jared's perp didn't wear a mask BTW, and yes, a sketch of Jared's perp was the primary visual used in the JW abduction.

Thank you I dont find a lot of humor in his comments not the right place imo

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jemabogado
Back