Lisa Stebic-Plainfield, IL mother of 2 Part 2

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reworded my thoughts:

I think it is a real shame that it took so long for the police to issue a SW. No matter what side you come down on in this case, the fact that it took so long will leave doubt about possibly destroyed evidence, if it existed in the first place. If he is innocent, looking at him sooner would go a lot further in reducing doubt. On the Nancy Grace show, the Plainfield police captain said that after the initial cursory search (which is likely not very detailed), they didn't ask him to do a more thorough search, until they got the warrant. Why wait over 2 weeks? They had information about the eviction motion within a few days after she turned up missing. Also, why didn't Lisa's lawyer immediately tell them about the pending motion. Even if they didn't have the signed copy back yet, they did prepare the document. Certainly they had to know of the possibility that Craig knew about it.

On the flip side, if Craig is innocent, why didn't he do everthing in his power to exonorate himself by being more cooperative. I know that as much as I disliked my wife during my divorce, if she had shown up missing, I would have stopped at nothing to help find her because I do believe that they need a Father and a Mother.

Unfortunately, I'm afraid this case is going to go cold. I hope I'm wrong. It seems that no one is being questioned, or leaned on. The SW seemed to be an afterthought, designed to appease the public due to a growing number of fingers being pointed at Craig. There was nothing proactive about this entire case.

Again, there is no solid evidence pointing to Craig, just circumstantial evidence. If he is innocent, the police did not do him a favor by looking away for so long. If he is guilty, they didn't do anyone else any favors either by looking away.

Post Chronicle, May 18, 12:30 PM

"She always picked up her 10-year-old son Zach from Walker's Grove Elementary School at 3:30, but it is unconfirmed as to whether or not Lisa was the one to pick up Zach the day of her disappearance."

Hello!!! Shouldn't take a rocket scientist to figure out how to determine this one!

Snipped...

"This is what I think, too. My feeling is something came out, like the eviction, or maybe the boyfriend, and he lost control."

The boyfriend? I haven't read anything to suggest there was a boyfriend, have you? Did I miss something?:confused:

Post Chronicle, May 18, 12:30 PM

"She always picked up her 10-year-old son Zach from Walker's Grove Elementary School at 3:30, but it is unconfirmed as to whether or not Lisa was the one to pick up Zach the day of her disappearance."

Hello!!! Shouldn't take a rocket scientist to figure out how to determine this one!

:doh:No kidding - ask Zach!

In the current report where it says it's unconfirmed if Lisa picked up Zach the original reports stated the children's account of when they last saw Lisa agreed with what Craig had told LE. It was after that Craig cut off the communication with the children to LE.
Same with the report still saying they went to Walgreen's when it was posted to be Jewels, further away and across the highway.
What's new is the info of his employment as a pipefitter with Mechanical, Inc. and he was only placed at Dial Corp. and Tuesday was his last scheduled day there. There were conflicting reports originally stating he was a mechanic and pipefitter. One poster whose husband works for the same union stated that they move around to different locations.
Seems to me if LE went to the cabin to search right away, as reported then LE has suspected him from the beginning. I don't know why they waited on the warrants. They may now be talking to Mechanical, Inc. backtracking job locations and areas he's traveled including Dial Corp.

I think this is the headline, a snippet and the link to today's Post Chronicle article closeobserver quoted above:

Lisa Stebic Case: Updates Point To Non-Suspect, 'Abusive' Husband

Lisa Stebic Case - Lisa Stebic, a wife and mother of two from Plainfield, tried to have her "verbally abusive" husband Craig Stebic evicted the same day she went missing. Craig, who is not a suspect, seems to have more than one sign pointing the finger at him, and while he may or may not have participated in his wife's disappearance, it's certainly worth considering.

http://www.postchronicle.com/news/original/article_21281483.shtml

I agree, Closeobserver, it seems like a no-brainer to just ask Zach if his mom picked him up from school on Monday. But, maybe police haven't had the opportunity to do that. I could be mistaken but I think IF they question the children without Craig's permission, I think any info (and evidence obtained thru that info), would very likely be thrown out in a court of law.

Then there's always the possibility police may know more (maybe even a lot more) than what they are publicizing. Let's hope they do!

As far as waiting so long for a search warrant, the police must first have adequate "probable cause" to convince a judge or magistrate to issue the SW.

Bare in mind that age old document, known as the U.S. Constitution, must be upheld; which I think is a good thing. :)

In the current report where it says it's unconfirmed if Lisa picked up Zach the original reports stated the children's account of when they last saw Lisa agreed with what Craig had told LE. It was after that Craig cut off the communication with the children to LE.
Same with the report still saying they went to Walgreen's when it was posted to be Jewels, further away and across the highway.
What's new is the info of his employment as a pipefitter with Mechanical, Inc. and he was only placed at Dial Corp. and Tuesday was his last scheduled day there. There were conflicting reports originally stating he was a mechanic and pipefitter. One poster whose husband works for the same union stated that they move around to different locations.
Seems to me if LE went to the cabin to search right away, as reported then LE has suspected him from the beginning. I don't know why they waited on the warrants. They may now be talking to Mechanical, Inc. backtracking job locations and areas he's traveled including Dial Corp.

Hey strach - All these conflicting reports are making me :crazy: --- to the point of not being sure what to believe about anything.

Could you possibly post a link to the story you referred to that addresses Craig's employment or work location(s)? That info is not in the Post Chronicle article I linked. I'd really be most appreciative. :)

ETA: Nevermind the link, Strach! I think I located it and will post the link and some snippets below.

I realize that LE has to be careful with the kids, and cannot question them without CS's permission, but...

Wouldn't an aunt or uncle be able to ask Zach that question?? I mean, seriously, if CS has a problem with Aunt Whoever asking Zach if Lisa picked him up from school that day, then CS REALLY has a problem, because that would tell me he's in this up to his red, tearless eyes.

I realize that LE has to be careful with the kids, and cannot question them without CS's permission, but...

Wouldn't an aunt or uncle be able to ask Zach that question?? I mean, seriously, if CS has a problem with Aunt Whoever asking Zach if Lisa picked him up from school that day, then CS REALLY has a problem, because that would tell me he's in this up to his red, tearless eyes.

I am pretty sure that would be "hearsay" in a court of law......

but it would be nice for the family (not CS) to know.

I am pretty sure that would be "hearsay" in a court of law......

but it would be nice for the family (not CS) to know.

I agree, but if and when it ever gets that far, the PA can question the kids on the stand without CS's permission, right?

I was referring more to the current investigation to try to confirm the timeline....But I'm sure LE knows a lot more than they're letting on....

The Big Story is supposed to be covering this story in the remaining 20 minutes. Don't know if there will be anything new, but tune in if you can! :)

One thing is supposed to be what some of the neighbors are saying. She's covering "Paris" right now.

I agree, but if and when it ever gets that far, the PA can question the kids on the stand without CS's permission, right?

I was referring more to the current investigation to try to confirm the timeline....But I'm sure LE knows a lot more than they're letting on....

I TOTALLY AGREE with you here....... I have found this to be SO true in many many of the cases I have followed (Ashely/Miranda, Brooke Wilberger are a couple) AND the media has a problem with "MISINFORMING" the public with some of their information....

I see what you are saying with the current investigation...... ;)

Husband Said Lisa Stebic Left To Work Out; High School Gym Didn't See Her

~snipped~

But workers at the high school gym say they never saw her that evening. Employee Pete Quimby said that was unusual for Lisa, who typically visited the gym three or four times a week and stayed from about 6 p.m. until closing time at 8:30 p.m.

The gym gave her a place to spend evenings away from Craig, whom she was in the process of divorcing.

~snipped~

Tuesday Morning

That day, May 1, was Craig's last day at his contracting job as a pipefitter at Dial Corporation in Montgomery. A five-year employee of Freeport-based Mechanical, Inc., it was not unusual for him to have several weeks in between jobs.

He has not returned to work since, mostly remaining at home and monitoring the children's exposure to media coverage, relatives say.

Brian Helm, president of Mechanical, Inc., said Craig is an employee in good standing and has never come under any sort of disciplinary action.

"He's a good worker," Helm said.

Craig's immediate supervisor and co-workers would not comment about Craig.

http://cbs2chicago.com/topstories/local_story_138094329.html

How convenient for Craig! That the day after his wife went missing just happened to be his last day of his contract! Quite the coincidence, no?
:rolleyes:

That seems to be working out perfectly for him. Being able to be home to take the kids to school and to shield them from media, I'd say!

I'm wondering if his coworkers didn't hear the same admonishments in their upbringing as me --- if you can't say anything nice, don't say anything at all??

I think this is the headline, a snippet and the link to today's Post Chronicle article closeobserver quoted above:

Lisa Stebic Case: Updates Point To Non-Suspect, 'Abusive' Husband

Lisa Stebic Case - Lisa Stebic, a wife and mother of two from Plainfield, tried to have her "verbally abusive" husband Craig Stebic evicted the same day she went missing. Craig, who is not a suspect, seems to have more than one sign pointing the finger at him, and while he may or may not have participated in his wife's disappearance, it's certainly worth considering.

http://www.postchronicle.com/news/original/article_21281483.shtml

I agree, Closeobserver, it seems like a no-brainer to just ask Zach if his mom picked him up from school on Monday. But, maybe police haven't had the opportunity to do that. I could be mistaken but I think IF they question the children without Craig's permission, I think any info (and evidence obtained thru that info), would very likely be thrown out in a court of law.

Then there's always the possibility police may know more (maybe even a lot more) than what they are publicizing. Let's hope they do!

As far as waiting so long for a search warrant, the police must first have adequate "probable cause" to convince a judge or magistrate to issue the SW.

Bare in mind that age old document, known as the U.S. Constitution, must be upheld; which I think is a good thing. :)

I'm a big fan of the Constitution. But as far as I know, when they got the search warrant, there was little or no new evidence than there was a week prior. The information about the eviction notice was reported a few days after Lisa turned up missing. Also, much prior to th SW, they already searched the Michigan cottage. It still seems to me he should have been considered a person of interest a long time ago. Technically, the police still don't consider him a person of interest if you listen to the reports.

It's my belief that we need to look closer at the victims rights. That's just my soap-box.

It is true that the children gave the same account as their father did Strach however, my first thought was that Craig convinced them that their mother could go to jail for "abandoning them" and he would be jailed for "negligence" by allowing his children to bike, alone, around a dangerous traffic situation. Kinda like "we've got to stick together as a family, or else" sorta thing. This thought was reinforced after his refusal to take a polygraph and refused LE access to their children.

As to the SW, I'm pretty confident that LE obtained it as soon as the D.A. decided it had enough probable cause,to approve it.

MO, LE is keeping a tight lid on this case, so as not to give Craig any heads up as to where their investigation is leading; albeit Craig has got to be reeeeeaaallly stooooopid if he truly believes he's not THE main suspect. No use give the abusive scumbucket time to "explain" away the evidence they have against him. ;)

Keep holding those cards real close to your chest LE!! :woohoo:

You have a good point ASL. I know something like that is possible but I often stay away from the obvious in the beginning because I always assume too early on that they wouldn't be that stupid. I'm usually proven wrong though.

In a lot of case LE says the husband isn't a person of interest or a suspect. Later you learn that they had their eyes on the husband all along. Like the other poster said...they want to keep the husband in the dark about their thoughts. The husband is more likely to slip up if he thinks LE isn't looking at him. I would bet money that LE has their eye on this husband. There is just to much that points to him. There is probably evidence that is sitting at the lab waiting to be tested too. I hope they found something in the trunk of their car.

I just wonder if Craig found out about the court papers to evict him. If he did I'll bet that was what brought everything to a head. She wanted the kids, support, Spousal support, etc and then she wanted him out of the house. I'll bet he flew into a absolute rage if she mentioned that to him. He didn't plan on giving her anything and he sure wouldn't have allowed her to kick him out of HIS house. I wonder if Lisa's family really believe that he wouldn't have hurt her? If they do then they are in deep denial.

I am Illinois and the local news just reported that an unamed source from LE has told a media source that a tarp that tested positive for Lisa's blood was found in the back of her dh's truck.
They will neither confirm or deny.But it looks from the news as though this may be true IMO.
I do not know if this informations has been posted, so i will catch up and delete if this has been reported.

This is from a newscast. I cannot support it any way except that this is what they reported on the news.

I am Illinois and the local news just reported that an unamed source from LE has told the media that a tarp that tested positive for Lisa's blood was found in the back of her dh's truck.
They will neither confirm or deny.But it looks from the news as though this may be true IMO.
I do not know if this informations has been posted, so i will catch up and delete if this has been reported.

Oops, Craig. Forgot to put the gasoline on the tarp, ala Scott Peterson?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Greer∆