Maricopa Jane Doe 1999 Thread #2

Status
Not open for further replies.
Welcome!!!! Thank you for your input-I for one am starting to feel some energy building on this case, and I think the possibility that she was an underaged prostitute is a good one...way back when we had a possible match for her with a missing Russian girl and we were speculating that the girl might have been snatched originally for the sex/slave trade.

I remember reading in the original interviews with the driver and passenger that they claimed they didn't notice whether or not she had an accent-the detectives were very dissatisfied with this answer.

One of the other pieces of information I gleaned from the articles referenced recently (other than the jewelry-great clue!) was that the male driver picked her up first and then they picked up the other passenger. They all squeezed into the front seat, the article said-my assumption is that Jane Doe was closest to the passenger door.

The way I envision the event is that they took off onto the highway rather than what Jane Doe expected-I have a harder time believing that she took a dive out of the vehicle rather than waiting until they got to their destination...maybe they told her they would be taking her back to the mini-mart and hit the highway instead....I suppose she could have panicked and jumped....but I am more curious as to if she was conscious when she hit the road, only because her face looks pretty good considering the event with the exception of that swollen lip-I wonder if she was hit before she flew out of the car? I would love to know if there was any indication that her hands or feet hit first, which I would expect if she voluntarily jumped....and then there is that issue about her clothes. The clothes have to be holdback information, since we cannot seem to get anything on them and it is not for lack of trying.....

Also, I was watching videos online showing what people look like when they jump out of a moving vehicle.. and for the most part, they seem to roll on the SIDE of their head and sort of do a cartwheel, it's hard to explain.. but.. if it is possible for one of us to get a hold of the ME report, it sure would explain a whole lot in terms of her injuries.. and if it was a willful jump or otherwise..

It seems like there is so much with held information, I mean I understand that law enforcement doesn't have much to go off of.. but gee wiz, is there a privacy act or something? I don't see how there could be one, since Jane Doe can't really.. decide at this point if she wants her information given out to the public. Is it not cost-effective to the state to do more testing or dig up the original info right after it happened? It seems that the only way this case is going to get solved is by giving the right people the right information so there is more to go off of.. and obviously everyone in this forum right now is very willing to crack this case..

blah.. how frustrating.

She had major trauma to the back of her head according to the Maricopa Coroners office. I am sure that's what caused her death. She also could have been there to get drugs. IF she was high she may have jumped because she could have been hallucinating.

I may be way off, but has anyone ruled out Deanna Merryfield in this case? I've been reading about this case and have no idea how I came across the Deanna Merryfield information. What stood out to me though was the initals DMA on the ring. Let me know what ya'll think please.

One of the articles indicated that a Tv station interviewed the male driving the car. I would LOVE to find a copy of the video.....You can get alot from body language etc...

One of the articles indicated that a Tv station interviewed the male driving the car. I would LOVE to find a copy of the video.....You can get alot from body language etc...

You can probably contact the TV channel and they can email you the clip... I've done it before.. what news station was it again?

I checked the article on Webslueths and got the station, so nevermind.. I will email 10 KSAZ and ask if they have it in their archives and if it's possible for me to see the clip.. I'll let you guys know if I get a response

I was wondering if it was possible to get a hold of a news clip as far back as Thursday, January 28, 1999?

The story was about a young girl who was traveling as a passenger on I-10, and may have jumped, been pushed out of, or fell out of a moving vehicle. She died the following day after she was transported to a hospital in Scottsdale, and still remains unidentified. A newspaper article stated that an interview was given to the driver of the car on January 28, 1999 and was broadcasted from KSAZ.

Thank you for your help! It is greatly appreciated.

I sent that to KSAZ, so hopefully they are able to help us out..

Maybe a call would be better. I emailed them last week (or longer) and only got one of those automated response emails.

Maybe a call would be better. I emailed them last week (or longer) and only got one of those automated response emails.

Oh, really? I'm sorry.. I didn't know! lol.. well, I'm sure I'll probably get the same thing then.. yes, perhaps a call would do better.. I'll do it if no one else wants to..

I don't know about the TOS at the other site, I apologize if it's forbidden to share, we usually post 10% and then link, IIRC...I guess everyone should just go buy it on their own again. TY..maybe link and info to where you purchased it if needed.

As far as thinking you are plotting against WS, I wouldn't think that, and I don't know many posting here that would think so....the info you have stumbled on is AWSOME, it is an incredible clue :blowkiss: Who is FTW?

Fmw(63) I meant sorry I'm too used to write wtf I guess lol.

Alright, called and got transferred to two different people, and then finally to do the editor's desk, and left a message about the alleged news clip from the article.. I'll let you know if I get a call back..

I may be way off, but has anyone ruled out Deanna Merryfield in this case? I've been reading about this case and have no idea how I came across the Deanna Merryfield information. What stood out to me though was the initals DMA on the ring. Let me know what ya'll think please.

I don't know that she has been officially ruled out or anything like that but I don't think its her. I believe Deanna Merryfield had at least 3 or 4 tattoos, this girl just had one that doesn't match any of Deannas from what I remember. Also, Deanna Merryfield has a pretty distinctive nose and eyes that don't really match this girls?

I don't know that she has been officially ruled out or anything like that but I don't think its her. I believe Deanna Merryfield had at least 3 or 4 tattoos, this girl just had one that doesn't match any of Deannas from what I remember. Also, Deanna Merryfield has a pretty distinctive nose and eyes that don't really match this girls?

Didn't Deanna Merryfield also have "Merryfield" tattooed on her, as well? Which would be a pretty good identifying mark..

I apologize for being so far off. I didn't read about her tattoos until just now. Thank you for replying. This is another thought I had tonight. I watched "Medium" and isn't Allison Dubois from Phx? I just wonder if she ever had anything about this case. Also, can someone familar with the details of this case let me know where on the road she was found? I was thinking about the three of them being in the front seat. Was where she was seen consistant with this?

Didn't Deanna Merryfield also have "Merryfield" tattooed on her, as well? Which would be a pretty good identifying mark..

Hello and welcome Vashley! IIRC - Deanna has been ruled out.

I have to say, I believe it would be more worthwhile to question Lindsay Dejong again. Most likely, she will never tell what actually happened, but it's just impossible to believe they didn't - at the very least - know her first name! He's in the car with MJD and then they pick up Lindsay. Even if they were scumbags, wouldn't he have said, "Hey Lindsay, this is ________ and she wants to go to Florida with us."? C'mon, there's no way they didn't know her name! IIRC, Lindsay is back in Washington state. My concern is, if LE believed MJD was nothing but a prostitute, they may not have put much energy into the investigation. Was it ever verified that she was a prostitute or did LE just take that claim at face value? Even if she was, someone at or around the Ajax Mini-Mart MUST have known her name???

I apologize for being so far off. I didn't read about her tattoos until just now. Thank you for replying. This is another thought I had tonight. I watched "Medium" and isn't Allison Dubois from Phx? I just wonder if she ever had anything about this case. Also, can someone familar with the details of this case let me know where on the road she was found? I was thinking about the three of them being in the front seat. Was where she was seen consistant with this?

No worries AM, Deanna really isn't that far off - and being very involved in her case also, I would have loved to have seen a connection. Although I hope - and believe - Deanna is still alive. I've been through the Doe Network and Charley Project until I can't stand it anymore and cannot find our little Maricopa Jane Doe. Makes me crazy! As I've said, I doubt we'll ever learn exactly what happened in that car, but I do believe the 2 people that were with her hold the key to discovering her identity.

I have to say, I believe it would be more worthwhile to question Lindsay Dejong again. Most likely, she will never tell what actually happened, but it's just impossible to believe they didn't - at the very least - know her first name! He's in the car with MJD and then they pick up Lindsay. Even if they were scumbags, wouldn't he have said, "Hey Lindsay, this is ________ and she wants to go to Florida with us."? C'mon, there's no way they didn't know her name! IIRC, Lindsay is back in Washington state. My concern is, if LE believed MJD was nothing but a prostitute, they may not have put much energy into the investigation. Was it ever verified that she was a prostitute or did LE just take that claim at face value? Even if she was, someone at or around the Ajax Mini-Mart MUST have known her name???

I agree, I think Lindsay could give some more information to help ID this girl. Even if MJD was a prostitute, she is still someone's loved one. If LE knew she was a prostitute, would there be a file on her somewhere? Don't they also run fingerprints on the unidentified deceased to see if they might match someone already in the system?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NPOL1566