MTR Discussions

I as well dont believe he graduated grade 12, the HS he attended said he only recieved a few credits in grade 9. I dont know where the article is but I do remember reading it the day following his arrests.
<snip>

I think this is the article:

http://www.thestar.com/article/638574

"Rafferty claimed on his MySpace page to have graduated from Alexander Mackenzie High School, but the Richmond Hill school says it didn't happen. Rafferty only attended from Sept. '95 to March '96, acquiring just one credit, a York Region school board spokesman said."

Based on a 1980 bd, that would put MR at 15 when he was last known to attend AMHS. It was stated elsewhere (?) that MR claimed to have attended the Culinary Arts program at George Brown College. It appears the current prerequisite for the CA courses is you must be 19 y.o., so dunno what's up for the couple of years from March 1996 to when he would have turned 19 in October 1999.

WOW...quite an accomplishment!!! Especially when you are -1 years old :)

CS

Um CS ... those are the accomplishments of JR, not MTR :)

If they were for MTR, at -1 y.o. he would have been learning in the "classwomb"? :crazy:

http://www.johnrafferty.ca/about.php

Here is a link about J.R. and his 3 kids

Thanks, FF.

It's my opinion that these are JR's children from his former marriage. All three are on Facebook and on his friends' list.

His partner, Pam, used to use a hyphenated surname with her maiden and ex-husband's name.

http://74.125.113.132/search?q=cach...rty&cd=3&hl=en&ct=clnk&gl=ca&client=firefox-a

She has two children of her own: Jacob H. and Jennifer H., who are also on Facebook and included in JR's and his kids' friends' lists.

Pam is now using her maiden name only:

http://74.125.93.132/search?q=cache...rty&cd=2&hl=en&ct=clnk&gl=ca&client=firefox-a

This would explain the other article that says that he and Pam have five children between them.

http://74.125.93.132/search?q=cache...ren&cd=1&hl=en&ct=clnk&gl=ca&client=firefox-a

While I don't believe that JR is MTR's father, I hope this helps.

I believe the revelence of us discussing MR and his parents is to try to find some clues as to whom MR really is.
Several have stated on here that there is very little to discover about MR , so as there is nothing available so far about his life we start from the beginning....who are MR parents???????????
Hopefully this will lead us to something concrete, instead of all the lies he(MR) has written about himself in facebooks, ect.

(Respectfully snipped and BBM)

The only info about MTR's father came from Nurse_Sleuth:

"I dont think his father had much to do with him ever, and to my knowledge his mom never married his father."

MTR Discussions - Page 4 - Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community

Unless it has some bearing on his guilt or innocence, I don't see why MTR's paternity has to come up at the trial at all. Why would it? Certainly his father's presence, or lack of it, in his life could never be used as a defense. I'd be interested in how it could be used by the prosecution, but even so, I don't see why his father would have to be identified.

IMO, it's quite possible we will never learn who MTR's biological father is and I have forgotten what its relevance is supposed to be. Can someone remind me, please?
Post 241 is how this all started.
I was not questioning any paternity here, as It doesn't matter to the VS case / or me one iota if the mother was married to his father or not.
I just find it very interesting who is paying for the expensive team of Lawyers MR happened to get after he terminated the services of his past attorney.
Also I doubt very much a person working in a factory all her life would have a Richmond Hill address.(I am still interested why MR did indeed use this address in his profile on an odd site I found. This site is there but blocked all you see is his name, age, bd, and address, which is the Richmond addy))
The mom seems to be a hardworking, middle class lady and I am sure this was a total shock to her when she learned what her son is being accused of.

I was not questioning any paternity here, as It doesn't matter to the VS case / or me one iota if the mother was married to his father or not.
I just find it very interesting who is paying for the expensive team of Lawyers MR happened to get after he terminated the services of his past attorney.
Also I doubt very much a person working in a factory all her life would have a Richmond Hill address.(I am still interested why MR did indeed use this address in his profile on an odd site I found. This site is there but blocked all you see is his name, age, bd, and address, which is the Richmond addy))
The mom seems to be a hardworking, middle class lady and I am sure this was a total shock to her when she learned what her son is being accused of.

(BBM)

If MTR's mother has been working at the same place for thirty years, Richmond Hill would be quite a commute for her. I still think it's possible that MTR was bunking for a while with one of his brothers or his grandmother during this time. I'm leaning towards "Nana".

Also, while Richmond Hill is a remarkably affluent place, I have found that there are no large areas around Toronto that don't also have some affordable housing - either in high rises, or small, older homes. Even Forest Hill and Rosedale have some multiple-dwelling units where large houses have been broken down into flats. In 1971, Richmond Hill incorporated some rural towns that surely must contain older farmhouses and other inexpensive homes for rent or sale.

Here is Wikipedia's info on Richmond Hill:

http://74.125.113.132/search?q=cach...ill&cd=4&hl=en&ct=clnk&gl=ca&client=firefox-a

It would be interesting to know who is paying for MTR's legal representation (if anyone), but I wonder if we'll ever know. Maybe some reporter will find out one day.

MOO

This is just my opinion but I have a strong feeling that MR was shuffled around from city to city and town to town because he has some sort of behavioural and emotional issues. I also feel that he may have spent some time himself in juvenile detention.

Also, did TCFC or some other friends mention that MR took the train to get around? TIA
He seems a troubled person to me also,and just mebe he has spent time on psychiatric wards too, in hospitals for depression or similar illnessess. He has been somewhere,I would think, His lack of schooling, training, ect is very sketchy and suspicious to me. JMOO

(BBM)

If MTR's mother has been working at the same place for thirty years, Richmond Hill would be quite a commute for her. I still think it's possible that MTR was bunking for a while with one of his brothers or his grandmother during this time. I'm leaning towards "Nana".

Also, while Richmond Hill is a remarkably affluent place, I have found that there are no large areas around Toronto that don't also have some affordable housing - either in high rises, or small, older homes. Even Forest Hill and Rosedale have some multiple-dwelling units where large houses have been broken down into flats. In 1971, Richmond Hill incorporated some rural towns that surely must contain older farmhouses and other inexpensive homes for rent or sale.

Here is Wikipedia's info on Richmond Hill:

http://74.125.113.132/search?q=cach...ill&cd=4&hl=en&ct=clnk&gl=ca&client=firefox-a

It would be interesting to know who is paying for MTR's legal representation (if anyone), but I wonder if we'll ever know. Maybe some reporter will find out one day.

MOO
Thank you AG for your article, I am not very familiar with Toronto and area, so I appreciate your information.
Yes, I had a few pics of MR and "Nanna", (at first I thought it was his mother.) Unfortunately I lost these pics when everything was deleted from the sites that he was using.
Would be very interesting to find more info on "Nanna" and her role in MR's life. Now I am wondering if anyone knows whos "mother" Nanna is?????

Don't forget about Newmarket, listed in his Skydrive as a place of residence.

Also, who are "Grandma" and "Grandpa" in the pics from his Skydrive, if "Nanna" is his "Nan"?

Don't forget about Newmarket, listed in his Skydrive as a place of residence.

Also, who are "Grandma" and "Grandpa" in the pics from his Skydrive, if "Nanna" is his "Nan"?

I don't seem to have his Skydrive profile saved, but here are a couple of wild guesses about "Grandma" and "Grandpa".

If we believe NS that there was no contact with his father, then I would doubt that they are his paternal grandparents. Could they be the paternal grandparents of his half-brothers? All brothers appear to be close in age, so it's possible that MTR grew up knowing these grandparents well. Another possibility is that "Nanna" was divorced and her husband re-married. Or ... they could be his maternal grandparents, with "Nanna" being the half-brothers' grandmother.

Just some options to consider.

He seems a troubled person to me also,and just mebe he has spent time on psychiatric wards too, in hospitals for depression or similar illnessess. He has been somewhere,I would think, His lack of schooling, training, ect is very sketchy and suspicious to me. JMOO

Yep, this is all possible. We do know that MTR has no criminal record as an adult.

"Court documents show Rafferty does not have a criminal record."

http://www.calgaryherald.com/news/V...aid+over+missing+year+girl/1613400/story.html

If he had committed any crimes as a juvenile, those records would be sealed and inadmissible as evidence during his future trial. The same goes for TLM. I am not sure what's permissible once the trials are over and if they are found guilty.

I don't seem to have his Skydrive profile saved, but here are a couple of wild guesses about "Grandma" and "Grandpa".

If we believe NS that there was no contact with his father, then I would doubt that they are his paternal grandparents. Could they be the paternal grandparents of his half-brothers? All brothers appear to be close in age, so it's possible that MTR grew up knowing these grandparents well. Another possibility is that "Nanna" was divorced and her husband re-married. Or ... they could be his maternal grandparents, with "Nanna" being the half-brothers' grandmother.

Just some options to consider.

Anything is possible.

Grandma and Grandpa from his skydrive pics are what I would call "elderly". They look 80 years +. That's one reason I questioned who "Nan" was, because I always thought that woman was his mother. She looks to be mid-50's in the pics, but, according to Nurse and Tager, Nan looks very,very similar to Deb. They think it's Deb's mom.

There is one picture there that has a woman similar to "Nan" who could be his mom.

Anything is possible.

Grandma and Grandpa from his skydrive pics are what I would call "elderly". They look 80 years +. That's one reason I questioned who "Nan" was, because I always thought that woman was his mother. She looks to be mid-50's in the pics, but, according to Nurse and Tager, Nan looks very,very similar to Deb. They think it's Deb's mom.

There is one picture there that has a woman similar to "Nan" who could be his mom.

Thanks. Could you please post the link to the Skydrive profile and or the pics? I'd like to save them. TIA

BH, I was interested in finding him too for some of the reasons you have mentioned - especially who is paying if the lawyer is not legal aid appointed or doing it for free. I also have stated on the regular thread that I do not think MR's mom could possibly be paying his legal fees either.

I have been super critical of all of the main players in this case with the exception of TS's grand parents. And although RS is doing a wonderful thing right now I feel he is playing catch up for his own sake, albeit for a wonderful cause however, I believe that there is way more to being a Dad then weeping real tears when tragedy strikes. I also believe that the type of relationship you have with your father, good, bad or indifferent plays a role in shaping your character and this intrigued me enough to try to help "sleuth" this man out. JMO

But when the pictures of JR's children were posted it was the first time, aside from my feelings for little TS, I have felt an iota of compassion for any of the people possibly associated with this case. Looking at their pictures I actually felt badly for them if it were true that MR turns out to be their step-brother.

Don't get me wrong, no one would mistake me for a "bleedingheart" ever but this particular item hit me hard. I never meant to criticize- just wanted to clear that up with you. TC

You know I was just thinking about this JR thing. If he is MR's Father and has "ditched" him, I wouldn't feel very bad for this man. His family, I would. Seems like too big a coincidence to not have some sort of a tie. I was just wondering if DM's maiden name is R. Perhaps JR is her brother even. That could still account for them visiting him in the Yukon.

You know I was just thinking about this JR thing. If he is MR's Father and has "ditched" him, I wouldn't feel very bad for this man. His family, I would. Seems like too big a coincidence to not have some sort of a tie. I was just wondering if DM's maiden name is R. Perhaps JR is her brother even. That could still account for them visiting him in the Yukon.

If he was "ditched". Sometimes a woman can make it especially hard to maintain a relationship with your children - just ask Rodney!

Rafferty could indeed be a maiden name, Maxfactor, though not likely, I don't think that was very common 30 years ago, to do that. JMO

Good thinking, though, think outside the box.

That leaves the question, how are the names Cundy and Murphy related here?

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Back2theGardenAgain
Back