Brianna Denison 19yo Reno NV #8

Status
Not open for further replies.
Is anyone watching Nancy's show tonight? There's a missing girl in Salt Lake City, Utah who is Asian and 7 y/o. I'm just mentioning it here since that would be east on Interstate 80 from Reno. I hope she's found safe and her disappearance isn't connected to this case, but it's also not impossible this perp has relocated and he is over due. Any thoughts? :(

I guess I'm interpreting that incorrectly- I "projected" what happens to my hubby when he's in the sun and since the shorts cover waist down and it mentions tops of his legs and not his lower legs, but after I think about it there might be a more graphic explanation as to the way the crime (being sensitive about my word choice) occurred. ANything about whether he removed his pants completely?
ETA: Does anyone now if they release where the perp got the panties of Bri's friend? Were they located on the first floor laundry or in a hamper in her room- I'm thinking they witheld that for a reason

Blink.............the police have only stated that the pink underwear belonged to one of the girls living at the MacKay Court house. They didn't say where the perp may have taken them from.

Many of us here have been speculating on how the perp may have taken them. We've wondered if they were taken from a laundry hamper or basket? Did the perp enter the house when no one was home and steal them? Were the pink underwear left on the floor in a pile of laundry? Is there a laundry room in the MacKay Court house?

These are some of the things we've discussed.

Is anyone watching Nancy's show tonight? There's a missing girl in Salt Lake City, Utah who is Asian and 7 y/o. I'm just mentioning it here since that would be east on Interstate 80 from Reno. I hope she's found safe and her disappearance isn't connected to this case, but it's also not impossible this perp has relocated and he is over due. Any thoughts? :(
I'm not aware of any case or serial rapist profile that crosses over between adult woman and female children, they tend to either be a pedophile or the other-
However, as I stated earlier, I agree he's overue from a profile perspective and Im overall worried about this creep

I'm not aware of any case or serial rapist profile that crosses over between adult woman and female children, they tend to either be a pedophile or the other-
However, as I stated earlier, I agree he's overue from a profile perspective and Im overall worried about this creep
I was wondering about the cross over, and thanks for the answer. It just got my attention because of the little girl being Asian (the Dec. victim was from Taiwan) and having long dark hair. I too think he's overdue and that worries me he may be desperate ~ and I also think it's very possible he's not in Reno. :)

I read that when these guys get a litle too close to the flame so to speak (there is a description and you have to think some of our theories are right and I guarantee you he is watching every move on this) that they pull back a little, or change their MO. If this guy is as insidious and "organized" as he appears you will see him act out in another way. Unless of course these are motivated differently as in they were targeted as some sort of retribution which I do not believe.
SOrry to sound like a broken record, but the revisit to the Dec victim is critical to this case, Im sure of it. ANother thing that bugs me, why go to the trouble of shaving everything and then leave DNA? He's smarter than that. Has the first attempted victim been conclusively linked to him via DNA?

You can also bet he's not in a relationship because the complete shaving description on a man is not that common. Does anyone know if there is any medical condition possibly responsible for this issue?

I think that when this guy strikes again he will make sure we all know it's him. I don't see him striking in a random, uneventful way. I think he wants credit for his acts.

Rhetorical question, Why is waiting to attack again?
Maybe he thinks LE already knows his identity.

I bet this guy is about to burst at the seams by now....he can't stand the wait much longer. Blink34, welcome to WS's! We have discussed the delicate issue of shaving ad nauseum. Apparently, it IS common. Besides, he may not be shaved anymore - that would be another reason for him to be busting at the seams, huh? :crazy:

I bet the guy started out in different areas to release his tension, get his kicks, etc (*advertiser censored* or prostitutes) and then escalated to real women with his spree. I think he may be both repulsed and excited about killing Brianna. I don't think he went to that level and won't go back. He appears to be methodical, and believes he has great self-control or self-command, as evidenced by his grooming habits, IMO.

I think he has returned to whatever he did in the beginning, thinking he can master his impulse. I'm sure the guy is a bundle of nerves in real life, trying very hard to show self-control in his daily routine, but is having a very active fantasy life.

Ted Bundy did with his last victim. She was only 12.

I bet this guy is about to burst at the seams by now....he can't stand the wait much longer. Blink34, welcome to WS's! We have discussed the delicate issue of shaving ad nauseum. Apparently, it IS common. Besides, he may not be shaved anymore - that would be another reason for him to be busting at the seams, huh? :crazy:

Thanks R-
and your right, but I cant help but feeling if he is in a relationship, there's at least enough of a description, based on a person's ability to access news of course, to prompt the the thought in someone that knows him.

Ted Bundy did with his last victim. She was only 12.

You are correct, thank you. But as I read that, imo, my theory on that is he was on the lam at the time, had just murdered the sorority house women and simply took an opportunity as he could not control the compulsion, given the amount (that we know of) of his vics being young adult women, I would say that does not constitute a cross over mo, imo. Creepy

Sadly the little girl who I referred to last night was found, killed by a neighbor. So thankfully the perp who killed Brianna wasn't responsible for it, but unfortunately another innocent life was lost. :(

I have followed that case Panthera. Horrible. What causes adults to think they have the right to harm a child? I know you don't have the answer - no sane person does. So sad; like Brianna's case.

This thread was SO active for months. And now, nobody has posted here today. :(

Thinking of Brianna, praying for nobody else to fall victim to this sick monster.

This thread was SO active for months. And now, nobody has posted here today. :(

Thinking of Brianna, praying for nobody else to fall victim to this sick monster.

SH- has anyone run across a profile on this guy- I know Clint Van Zant made some comments on the Dateline show, but anything more formal that anyone has run across?

I guess we're all waiting for this guy to strike again and hopefully get caught or leave more clues. I check in on this thread every day hoping for news.

Brianna deserves justice.

Last night on Forensic Files, they aired an episode on the Philly serial rapist from the late 90s, early 2000s. Though I live just outside Philly, I'm not originally from here and was not yet here when this crime spree was happening. Thus, last night was the first I really heard of it.

Anyway, the guy was responsible for a series of 6 attacks in Philly, including one that ended in murder. They were in a relatively safe area, Rittenhouse Square. The perp's thing was to climb up to higher story apartments and enter through a window or sliding glass door. He would often put pillow cases over the women's heads. LE allegedly covered up the first few attacks by this guy, as they were trying to decrease their crime stats. There was a whole expose in the Inquirer.

Then the perp stopped attacking after 1999. Then, in 2001, LE heard about similar attacks being committed at Colorado State University in Ft. Collins. So they used geographic mapping to narrow it down to about 90 people who had reason to be in both Philly and Colorado.

The perp ended up being Troy Graves, a very nice looking young guy assigned to an Air Force Base in Ft. Collins Colorado, but who was originally from Philly and had worked at a bank and lived with his girlfriend, whom he eventually married and lived with at Ft. Collins, near the sites of most of the attacks. In total, between the two states, there were about 15 assaults, only one of which ended in murder (COD was strangulation).

A few things struck me about this case in relation to Bri's:

1) This is the first case that I've personally heard of where a perp attacks, but only murders once. It's possible that Bri's perp will go back to just assaulting. The Philly perp said he killed the one girl because she fought back.

2) This guy lived with a girlfriend who didn't put two-and-two together. She did eventually say that the perp had trouble sleeping and often went on walks at night, which is when he ultimately committed his crimes.

3) The perp stopped attacking for two years. His Philly crimes stopped in 1999 and the Colorado ones started in 2001.

4) LE found out that the perp started out as a peeping Tom. He was actually nabbed by some of the Air Force officials for peeping into a female member's apartment.

5) The guy was a native of where the crimes took place, but then work took him elsewhere. It has been brought up by several on this board that Bri's perp may have left Reno and that he could also be in the military. Maybe he was on leave at home when the attacks occurred, and has now gone back to his base, or been reassigned, or even been sent to Iraq.

Sorry, I know this is long, but I couldn't help but think of Bri's case when I watched the episode. I'm not hoping that attacks start occuring in other areas, but at least I feel now that if they did, the police might be able to narrow down people who had a reason to be in Reno and somewhere else.

Also, here is a story about Troy's ex-wife, Amy, who knew nothing about the attacks: http://inquirer.philly.com/packages/crime/html/042602dnwife.asp

Awesome post Newshound, very insightful thinking in your part. Maybe this guy follows a similar line of thinking as this perp.

With all the huge publicity of Brianna, it's very possible he might just move on...people will be more careful now, more on the watch (in general) and it might just be too risky. OTOH, he may not be able to move (especially if he has family responsibilities, maybe even job) and he might just stick around and lie low and wait out a long time before attempting something again. If he can control himself that is.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Greer∆