VA VA - Christine Wright, 7, Dinwiddie, 12 Feb 1974

The reports made a point of stating that Christine was wearing only her pink nightie (I'm assuming from that that the parents checked for any other missing clothing).

Apparently this was a two-floor apartment and Christine's room was on the second floor...The sliding door was on the ground floor.

I did find a current address for the father. It appears to be very close to the church where Christine is buried. I'm guessing most of the father's family is from that same area of Asheboro.

Christine was found by two or three locals who reported her to LE. Not much else is said, other than a statement from the sheriff that only someone familiar with the area would have known about the location (the widest and deepest part of the creek). Christine had been missing some two months, and the ME determined she had been killed very near the time she was taken.

As far as the location in Richmond goes, its a three-bedroom home in a residential area. Most likely a rental property that the family moved in to after Christine's disappearance.

Another interesting coincidence...The judge in Grimm's case in Richmond was Frank Wright.
I'm trying to see if he is any relation.

Charity Powers, age 10, was befriended by a man at the Hardee's on Jeff Davis Highway in Chester, on October 5 1990, and subsequently kidnapped. Witnesses described the man and his car. The Hardee's was a hangout for the local children after a night of skating at Skateland, which is just around the corner.
The man who befriended her was Everett Lee Meuller. He lived on Mountclair Ave, about a mile and a half west of the intersection of Jeff Davis Highway and Route 10. The Hardee's is about 300 yards from this intersection. Everett Lee Meuller was 51 years old in September 1999 when he was executed for killing Charity. He would have been approximately 42 when he kidnapped and and killed Charity. The details of the crime are listed in the Circuit Court appeal linked here for you. http://www.courts.state.va.us/opinions/opnscvwp/1951874.pdf
Everett Meuller was born in 1948. In February 1974, Mr. Meuller would have been approximately 25-26 years old. I can't help but wonder.....(I'm still digging info on Mr. Meuller. To see if he was local and posibly from Dinwiddie County originally.)
The Charity Powers case was compared to that of Christie Wright. They looked very much alike these two children. Something tells me that the murder of Charity Powers, the nature of the abduction attack, and manner of death, were not this man's first attack on a female. I've found thus far that his own sister testified in his trial that he raped her at knife point some years prior. They say they get bolder..and it wouldn't be a big leap to abducting a child from a crowded Hardee's from what happened to Christie..if you're experienced.

I don't know how long Meuller lived on Mountclair Ave (Rd, whatever) but where Charity was abducted was about a mile and a half east of where he lived. Where Christie was abducted was about a mile and a half west of where he lived.
I'm trying to dig up a map for you. I remember where he lived, which house, because I too lived on Mountclair, in 1985-86. I know for a fact he lived on Mountclair then because he lived three houses down from us and he used to "make eyes" at my cousin...who incidently was 14 at the time...with blonde hair and blue eyes...and looked a lot younger. My aunt once found him out in front of our house talking to my cousin and freaked.

http://caselaw.lp.findlaw.com/scripts/getcase.pl?court=4th&navby=case&no=9831P&exact=1

"At Mueller's sentencing hearing, the Commonwealth introduced evidence detailing petitioner's long history of sexual assaults. Four women, Kimahli Peregoy, Laura Kesterson, Carol Newsome, and the defendant's own sister Carol Mueller, testified that he had raped them at knife point. Mueller's testimony on his own behalf was perhaps even more damaging to his cause. He asserted that the videotape of his confession had been altered and that he was innocent, admitting only to burning Charity's clothes and, a week later, burying her body. When asked if he felt any remorse for the rape of Kimahli Peregoy, Mueller responded: "Which one is that? Ha, ha." As he was leaving the witness stand, Mueller said, "Get this God damn **** over with so that I can go smoke a cigarette."

I have to wonder why LE didnt take a closer look at this guy in reference to Christine...He would seem to be a prime suspect, considering his proximity to Christine's residence and his criminal history.

Excellent find, Shutterfly.

I have to wonder why LE didnt take a closer look at this guy in reference to Christine...He would seem to be a prime suspect, considering his proximity to Christine's residence and his criminal history.

Excellent find, Shutterfly.

I ain't done YET shadow....gimme a little more time..I think I just might have something here..still digging...map going up soon for you guys shortly

ETA...trying to find out where this bozo originated from...and if it was Dinwiddie..and I can put him in Chester in 74' I am calling LE myself!!

I found one article which states he had a long history of sexually-related arrests...But of course the article doesnt go into details.

Chester.png

Wow...If we can place this guy in the area in the early '70s....

Wow...If we can place this guy in the area in the early '70s....

I'm working on that. I wondered after reading Mueller's appeal, why he would take this child to the woods behind the house instead of taking her in the house, raping her, and then possibly taking her to the woods to kill her. Well, 3001 Mountclair Rd is STILL owned by Meullers. Kenneth Mueller...60-64 years old. That tells me that it's very likely Everett Muellers parents may have owned that house in 1974. I can put him there in 1985-86 with my own two eyes, but it's got to be beyond ironic that Muellers own that house even today. If Meuller was a "Chester boy" then I guarantee you I can link him to Dinwiddie too. If by some chance his parents owned this house in 1974...then our Everett Mueller lived a mile and a half from where Christie was abducted!!!!!

Look here.....
Kenneth H Mueller
3001 Mount Clair Rd
Chester, VA 23831-2133
(804) 748-8280Type: Land Line
Provider: Verizon
Due to number portability, some numbers have been transferred to a new service provider.Age: 60-64
Household: Timothy, Rose
http://www.whitepages.com/search/Re...606715223&lower=9&more_info=1&form_mode=opt_b

I did a property search on the address...The present home on the property was built in 1988. Is this the same address you recall from childhood? Could the number be different? (Its also possible the home was renovated in '88, thus the records start there).

I did a property search on the address...The present home on the property was built in 1988. Is this the same address you recall from childhood? Could the number be different? (Its also possible the home was renovated in '88, thus the records start there).

There are two houses on the property. Can I get a link to the property search site you're using...or can you check the houses immediately surrounding that address for me, for more "Muellers?"
Specifically, I'm looking for the one almost directly across the street from 3001.

Living in New York, I'm well aware of the "gypsy culture" (though you'll never hear them use that term). The term I hear used most often is "Rom", which I understand are divided into various groups. I've also heard the term "Ludar", another group who had their own villages in Queens in the first half of the 20th century.

Oh yeah, there's that song by Cher, too. (Kidding, just kidding :crazy: )

I live in NY too and am also well aware of the 'gypsy' culture. We believe you! My fiance live in the Czach Republic and actually lived with the "Roma" for a few weeks traveling from different villages selling goods, etc. They are heavily discriminated against and viewed as the lowest of the low - in the Czech Republic at least.

Some info about the Roma victims of the holocaust
http://fcit.usf.edu/HOLOCAUST/people/VictRoma.htm

There are two houses on the property. Can I get a link to the property search site you're using...or can you check the houses immediately surrounding that address for me, for more "Muellers?"
Specifically, I'm looking for the one almost directly across the street from 3001.

I've been using http://www.intelius.com/ recently for property info searches. They charge a small fee for detailed reports, but you can get general info for free.

3000 Mountclair shows a build date of 1955. No return for 3002, 3003 or 3004. I did a random sample in the 2900's, those all seem to be very recent construction.

I did a search on 3000 Mountclair...It appears the home has been in the Ivey family since 1976. It was sold by one member of the Ivey family to another in 1999.

Get this...From the Virginian-Pilot archives---

"His (Mueller) record of earlier burglaries, and a rape in California, would have called for a 44.8-year sentence when he was convicted of rape in Chesterfield in 1976."

I just received information that Grimm had been convicted and jailed in 1973 on charges of assaulting a 10 year-old boy. This followed his having spent two years in prison for another assault on a young boy.

As an aside...In September of 1966, a five year-old girl was kidnapped, assaulted and killed in Sandston, a town east of Richmond.
Her name was Mary Elizabeth Wright. Her killer, Clarence E. Madison, was convicted in March of 1975.

I just received information that Grimm had been convicted and jailed in 1973 on charges of assaulting a 10 year-old boy. This followed his having spent two years in prison for another assault on a young boy.

So was he in a juvenile facility? He was only 20 when he murdered the little Harper boy. Any info on where these crimes occurred?

Okay, I went back and checked my notes on this again. This was NOT Grimm...There was another young man, Alphonse Williams (a year older than Grimm) who murdered a little boy in Richmond 15 months after Christopher Harper's murder. It appears both the previous attacks occurred in the Richmond area.

Sorry for the confusion. :blushing:

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GreyFishOmen
Back