Found Deceased IL - Benedetta 'Beth' Bentley, 41, Mount Vernon, 23 May 2010 #1

Status
Not open for further replies.
Note that there is a high degree of certainty that Beth did not get on the Amtrak train in Centralia as previously suggested. Her husband spoke with her several times over the weekend and he says she never told him she was going to take an Amtrak train home, and no one police have interviewed who rode the train Beth was to be on could say that they saw her on that train. More later.

http://www.bethismissing.com/

I found this statement from the website her friend has.

Thanks. Still catching up reading ( too many interuptions :) ). One of the news links in the first post indicates Beth told her DH she was planning on coming home Sun eve or Mon am, so both days were original possibilities. The question still remains why she would not be riding back with her friend.

I'd like to know if on any of their previous road trips Beth had returned without riding back with the friend or is this a 1st time thing?

Friend with whom Beth went away for the weekend, and who supposedly dropped her off at the Amtrak station:

http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=1031154364&v=wall

She posted around April 8 that her ex shot up her grandmother's house and police found 20 rounds. WTF?

She and Beth are apparently very close friends who make lots of roadtrips together. It's just very curious to me why Beth wouldn't stay another day and ride back with J, who is supposedly her best friend.

Someone also responded to that and said, OMG again.

and why 2 gals and a guy rehabbing? who else was there rehabbing that weekend?

Where does the friends bf live? Is he from Centralia and they have a long distance relationship?

I believe that J's boyfriend was remodeling a house, and J and Beth went down to visit for the weekend. Then who knows what happened.

I agree with dream... boyfriend and J...suspicious.

Few clues in case of missing Centralia, Ill., woman

Police report little progress in the hunt for a Northern Illinois mother who went missing May 23 after being dropped off near an Amtrak station in Centralia, Ill.

Beth Bentley, of Woodstock, Ill., attended her 10 year-old son's little league game on May 20 and then left with her best friend for a trip to Southern Illinois. The friend, who was visiting her boyfriend in Mt. Vernon, said she dropped Bentley off at an Amtrak station three days later so Bentley could return to her husband and three children, friends of the family say. She was driven to the station around 4:30 p.m. in a 2009 White Nissan Altima.​

I hate to ask this - but with the numerous inaccuracies we keep finding in the media - has it been confirmed Beth was actually seen at the Train station?

Where is it linked the friend is not cooperating and has lawyered up? (I'm still catching up on reading).

Not seen by the conductor. Not seen by any passengers. Never mentioned to her husband that she would be getting on a train.

The only person who places her at the train station is J, who has a lawyer now.

Fishy, huh?

Scott Bentley: "I have no idea what happened to my wife. I hope to God there is no foul play. If she did have some issues that I didn’t know about, then I would hope she just did run away, but she would never not contact her family. It’s just we don’t know what happened.”

http://ac360.blogs.cnn.com/2010/06/03/mom-missing-after-weekend-getaway/

What is going on???

“Typically, travelers must give their name an address when riding Amtrak,” Lowen said. “It's possible, however, that an employee didn't take her name. The Centralia station isn't manned on weekends, so it would have been up to the crew on the train.”

Lowen said no passengers recognized Bentley's picture.

Satellite pings to Bentley's cell phone have produced no conclusive results, Lowen said. And, he said, the woman hasn't used any of her credit cards.​

“The only information we have from the friend is that she dropped her off at this train station, probably about a half-hour before the train departed,” Lowen said. “She never saw her get on the train.”
http://ac360.blogs.cnn.com/2010/06/03/mom-missing-after-weekend-getaway/

If Beth is the social type as she's described, and she's at the station a half hour before the train arrives, she's not sitting idle. She's on the phone checking in with her family. JMO

Not seen by the conductor. Not seen by any passengers. Never mentioned to her husband that she would be getting on a train.

The only person who places her at the train station is J, who has a lawyer now.

Fishy, huh?

Where is the link that the friend has lawyered up?

PRESS RELEASE:

FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE

Search widens for Illinois mother missing since Sunday, May 23, 2010

WOODSTOCK, IL, May 31, 2010 — Beth Bentley was last seen by a friend who dropped her off at the Amtrak train station in Centralia, IL on Sunday, May 23. Beth was supposed to catch the 6:08 PM train to Chicago, which arrived at downtown Union Station at approximately 11 PM Sunday night. From Union Station, she would have gone to Ogilvie Transportation Center to board a Metra train on the Union Pacific Northwest Line.

It is currently unknown whether or not Beth actually arrived in Chicago. It has not been confirmed that she actually boarded the Amtrak train in Centralia, as there are no cameras or security guards posted at that station.

She did not arrive home when expected, and a missing person’s report was filed by her husband on Monday, May 24 with the Woodstock Police Department. Search areas of concentration include Mt. Vernon, Centralia and downtown Chicago, IL.

Police believe that neither marital nor mental health issues contributed to Beth’s disappearance. It is very unusual that she would not be in communication with her family and friends. Beth stands out in a crowd. She is very kind, and will talk to anyone. Her three sons and husband love her, miss her and are afraid for her well being!

Anyone with information that could be helpful in locating Beth is asked to contact the Woodstock Police Department immediately at (815) 338-2131.

http://www.bethismissing.com/?page_id=68

I looked at the train schedule from Chicago - for the Union Pacific Northwest line. It makes no sense that she would have chosen this as an alternative to riding home with her friend.

IF the Amtrak train arrived in Chicago at 11 pm. (I did not check the train route to verify this- just took the times from the above info, only verified the train from Chicago to Woodstock). The two trains listed as leaving from Chicago :to Woodstock on a Sunday Evening (also the holiday schedule) leave at 8:30 pm and then not again until 12:30 am. So if she arrived in Chicago at 11pm, 1)It makes NO sense that she would wait for 1.5 hours for the next train out and 2) that she would not have called her DH and had him pick her up downtown at the train station.

The train which leaves Chicago at 12:30am arrives in Woodstock at 2:01 am. (If I am reading this right, which I think I am....... ) It is odd to think she'd wish to arrive at 2am.... and not inform her DH of this..

Here is a link to the Union Pacific link I am referring to.

http://metrarail.com/content/metra/en/home/maps_schedules/metra_system_map/up-nw/schedule.html?schedule-start=OTC&schedule-end=WOODSTOCK&schedule-day=up-nw_sunday-holiday&selectedTime=23%3A00&schedule-time=22%3A30&schedule-submit.x=73&schedule-submit.y=14

The train as an alternative that late in the day versus leaving the next morning based on the above route and times makes no sense at all.

From what I'm reading:

Beth was with her friend J. J. claims that she was going to stay in S. Illinois an additional day, but Beth wanted to leave. J claims that she took Beth to the Amtrak station in Centralia, Ill., and dropped her off.

Beth's husband last talked to Beth at 6PM on the evening that she disappeared. According to the Amtrak schedule, the train would have departed Centralia a few minutes after 6PM, yet Beth never mentioned boarding a train or anything. No mention at all of anything to that effect.

Hope police are looking closely at Beth's friend and her boyfriend.

The Centralia station isn't really a station, but a platform. There are no ticket offices, no waiting area, not a depot at all, just a platform where you board the train.

This whole story really really stinks. I don't think that Beth's husband is involved in her disappearance at all, from what I've read in the past hour.

But Beth's friend with whom she was traveling--the same one who supposedly dropped Beth off at the Amtrak station--has already lawyered up and isn't speaking publicly about Beth's disappearance.

Crazy story!

BBM. Where is the link that states Beth last talked to her husband at 6PM?

I can't find a link indicating her friend lawyered up, or the last time she spoke to her DH. Where is this info coming from?

Thanks.

The fact that Beth missed her middle son's high school graduation, that she had planned a big party, tells me something serious is wrong.

IMO the train story from the friend is a crock. It just doesn't add up. The cost of the ticket to Chicago when the next train out of Chicago leaves after midnight and doesn't arrive in Woodstock until 2am. And we are supposed to believe she would be arriving on train in Woodstock at 2am as opposed to leaving the following day or calling her DH and asking him to meet her downtown to pick her up in Chicago when the train from Centralia arrived. NOT A CHANCE - I'm not buying it for a second.

ETA:

“Typically, travelers must give their name an address when riding Amtrak,” Lowen said. “It's possible, however, that an employee didn't take her name. The Centralia station isn't manned on weekends, so it would have been up to the crew on the train.”​

Lowen said no passengers recognized Bentley's picture.

Satellite pings to Bentley's cell phone have produced no conclusive results, Lowen said. And, he said, the woman hasn't used any of her credit cards.

Not directed at you Ruby, but directed at those investigating the case. NO KIDDING pings to her phone will be non conclusive. Where was her phone pinging from when she made the last few calls on the 23rd? Was it near the train station? At what time? Where and start outward from there.

I'm already banging my head at the few articles posted and the inconsistencies with the times.

I am still unable to find a link indicating the last time Beth spoke with her husband or that her friend has lawyered up, so until someone produces a link that those two facts have been verified by a credible source such as LE, I am taking them as rumor.

Another thing that sticks out to me. There are probably not a lot of people boarding a train at 12:30 am on a Sunday night from Chicago. Especially in route to a 2:01am stop. Have the train personnel and passengers aboard the train that left Chicago at 12:30 am and arrived in Woodstock at 2:01 am been interviewed to see if Beth was on the train?

There would be survellience available at both stations in Chicago. Have those survellience tapes been reviewed?

Seems there is more that could be looked at or should be in the process of being looked at.....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dil2288