AZ - Isabel Mercedes Celis, 6, Tucson, 20 April 2012 - #24

Status
Not open for further replies.
I wonder if LE ever found the crime scene.

i wonder which will come first...expiration of the no contact agreement or release of the search warrants?

i can't imagine CPS keeping SC from the kids indefinitely...though i suppose the warrants can be suppressed indefinitely?

thoughts?

They are only going to release info that won't compromise the case, they have said as much. They must have gotten warrants for phones, emails, bank accounts, etc. No way were only three warrants served. I'm still catching up so sorry if this was already discussed.

I am not sure any post said that only three warrants were served, but my post was responding to a post that implied that the warrants not being released were more indication of the family's part in this. I do not think sealed warrants indicates any direction that LE are taking, personally.

I would think that the bedroom from which a child disappears is a crime scene, no matter what.

I am not sure any post said that only three warrants were served, but my post was responding to a post that implied that the warrants not being released were more indication of the family's part in this. I do not think sealed warrants indicates any direction that LE are taking, personally.

No, I was just saying that more than 3 warrants were served in the context that WE only know about three.
However, I do think that the sealed warrants are sealed to keep from compromising the case in any way.

I would think that the bedroom from which a child disappears is a crime scene, no matter what.

Sorry, yes that is true, but I am wondering about a secondary crime scene.

I imagine the potential crime scenes are

1. Isa's bedroom
2. a car (whether a Celis vehicle or someone else)
3. where Isa has been left/stashed/buried

Sorry, I know it upsets people that Isa may not be alive, but that is a real possibility and one that LE is probably leaning toward at the least.

Not strictly true.

As we have already seen, LE has supplied 550 pages of detail in regards to this investigation.

The reason for this is because they HAD to, under FOI.

The only way for LE to suppress information is to request that suppression in a court of law. ONLY THEN can it be withheld.

A judge had to hear the case for suppression, and find it compelling enough to grant that suppression...otherwise LE do indeed, have to inform the public of what is requested of them.

That is true. Most judges will cooperate with the DA though, and I believe they are usually the intermediary between LE and the judge. If LE believes some information should not be made public, and they have a valid reason, I think a judge will grant their request.
I'm not sure those 500 pages of docs were all that helpful. At least the parts I looked over were not. There could be 5000 more that we haven't seen yet.
It's not going to matter to me one way or the other who is responsible, I just want the little darling to be found and someone have to answer for it.

I imagine the potential crime scenes are

1. Isa's bedroom
2. a car (whether a Celis vehicle or someone else)
3. where Isa has been left/stashed/buried

Sorry, I know it upsets people that Isa may not be alive, but that is a real possibility and one that LE is probably leaning toward at the least.

I agree, I've felt that since almost from the beginning.

I agree, I've felt that since almost from the beginning.

My very first reaction was to hope that this was a staged abduction for cash, and that Isa was alive and well with relatives in Mexico.

LE pretty much dashed that hope when they released the info about the suspected blood stains.

Sadly, I think this is just the same old story. Child abuse within the home gone too far, then a cover up.

Poor Isabel...she deserved so much better. Someone needs to confess so she can be found.

Is there any new evidence on this case? From the Internet News I read it looks like a cold case at this point.

My hopes and pray go out for a positive outcome.

As I said, I am merely providing a possible context or interpretation for others' posts. I posted nothing of the sort.

For me, I think she's alive. I think at least one parent knows where she is. So to me unsealing the warrants matters not until LE is ready to do so. Hopefully in conjunction with an arrest/arrests.

Why would one parent know where she was?

Is there any new evidence on this case? From the Internet News I read it looks like a cold case at this point.

My hopes and pray go out for a positive outcome.

If there is new evidence, LE has not shared it with he public.
I feel like they do know what happened..they are just waiting for something to tie it all together. I'm not sure what else the silence from LE, RC and SC could mean.

Lots of missing person cases enter this phase where it seems like nothing is occurring and along with it comes the assumption that LE must have given up and closed their files and walked away.

I've seen it time and time again. No matter how many cases get dissected and followed, and no matter how many cases head into these quiet phases (sometimes of shorter duration and sometimes long and seemingly unending duration), it's still a common fear and belief. If I got paid everytime I read, "The case has grown cold!" "LE is doing nothing!" "If they had something they'd tell us, and since they haven't said anything that must mean they have nothing!" I wouldn't have to work.

Following missing person and murder cases is hard in general, but they become torturous if one has no faith in the investigators on the case, doesn't trust that there are people really working behind the scenes, and if one believes a case that isn't solved within a few weeks with the bad person(s) caught and arrested, will never get solved. It's true that some cases don't get solved--or at least don't get litigated. However, a lot of cases do.

Faith and patience and some positive belief for the professionals are needed to follow a case to its conclusion because the timeline is sure not in anyone's control. I have faith in the TPD and other agencies assisting. I don't think they'll ever give up!

Lots of missing person cases enter this phase where it seems like nothing is occurring and along with it comes the assumption that LE must have given up and closed their files and walked away.

I've seen it time and time again. No matter how many cases get dissected and followed, and no matter how many cases head into these quiet phases (sometimes of shorter duration and sometimes long and seemingly unending duration), it's still a common fear and belief. If I got paid everytime I read, "The case has grown cold!" "LE is doing nothing!" "If they had something they'd tell us, and since they haven't said anything that must mean they have nothing!" I wouldn't have to work.

Following missing person and murder cases is hard in general, but they become torturous if one has no faith in the investigators on the case, doesn't trust that there are people really working behind the scenes, and if one believes a case that isn't solved within a few weeks with the bad person(s) caught and arrested, will never get solved. It's true that some cases don't get solved--or at least don't get litigated. However, a lot of cases do.

Faith and patience and some positive belief for the professionals are needed to follow a case to its conclusion because the timeline is sure not in anyone's control. I have faith in the TPD and other agencies assisting. I don't think they'll ever give up!

I don't think they ever give up either. Look at all the work that was going on behind the scenes with Sierra Lemar!

I agree that nothing can be safely inferred from the fact that there are one or more sealed search warrants.

The contents of the warrants would indicate what direction LE has probable cause to search.

Even better would be the inventory of items seized.

So true. I have seen a few times when there is complete silence on a case for a while and then suddenly LE swoops in and announces an arrest of a suspect and it's obvious that they've been quietly working the case the whole time. It might surprise some to know that there are a lot more things going on behind the scenes and a lot more folks involved in the arrest and prosecution of a suspect than just LE. The more one follows these cases, the easier it is to understand why some things are done the way they are.

Are we allowed to post a Pinterest pin? Isa has one that can be shared.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
megalow