TH's Reaction To Losing Daughter

Status
Not open for further replies.

mchris1024

Reaction score
Ok, this has been on my mind and then after talking about it yesterday with a group of women I thought I would throw it out for y'all. I don't understand why TH is just "accepting" losing her daughter. Why aren't we seeing papers filed to get visits etc.? During our divorce my ex pulled a fast one with a judge on a Friday afternoon and was awarded temporary custody my Monday I had that decision reversed and was picking my daughter up with the sheriff. A mother isn't going to just sit back and let someone "take" their child. So my guess is she either knows she's had or it's part of a plan and I'm leaning towards part of a plan. I think even if I knew I was going to jail I would want whatever time I could get with that baby even if it was supervised visits for an hour once a week....I would be fighting unless I knew it wasn't for real.....thoughts??

Well, I figure that with the suspicions about Kyron and murder to hire thing out in the open maybe she just has so much on her plate that not having a small child to take care of 24/7 is the smallest of her problems right now.

And it may take some time for her attorney to come up with a plausible denial.

I would imagine that at this point she is listening to the advice of her attorney.

I would imagine that at this point she is listening to the advice of her attorney.

I agree. Most times, when a restraining order is issued (like, in this case) the judge will set a hearing for it a few weeks later (as long as no emergency hearings were filed) at which time things like the whether or not she can see her daughter (because the restraining order protects the child as well, in this case). If Terri really wants her daughter back, wants any kind of visitation, etc. her attorney just needs to file an emergency custody hearing (or, just a regular custody hearing) which I'm imagining they would do at the hearing regarding the restraining order.

So, to make a long/complicated story short..basically, I'd imagine that her attorney is waiting until the restraining order hearing to file a custody motion.

I understand the procedure, I don't understand TH just sitting back and accepting it. No mother I know would just say, "You want my daughter, ok you can have her." It just doesn't make sense. She was ok enough to go to the gym and post on FB, but not ok enough to fight for her daughter......I'm not believing it.

So, to make a long/complicated story short..basically, I'd imagine that her attorney is waiting until the restraining order hearing to file a custody motion.

I have spent 11 years fighting for this and that with my ex and no attorney ever told me to "wait" for anything we filed papers immediately and fought for my daughter......

Yep, fight immediately. I have never heard of waiting either.

I have spent 11 years fighting for this and that with my ex and no attorney ever told me to "wait" for anything we filed papers immediately and fought for my daughter......

Was there a restraining order involved?

Another option I could see is that she is so depressed or in such a state that she is somehow accepting that this might be what is best for the baby - perhaps she doesn't want her child to see her this way. Or she realizes she is a danger to herself. Or all the accusations and having her husband turn his back on her has made her feel like her child is better off without her. (All speculation, of course.)

Otherwise, I agree - I don't care if it was a Friday, if someone took my child from me, someone would be working overtime for me that weekend.

ETA: If I knew I was going to be arrested at any time, I guess I would be leery of having my daughter around when it happened... but I think my instinct to spend as much time with her while I could would win out, and I would just make sure some other adult that I trusted was around, just in case LE led me away.

Yep, fight immediately. I have never heard of waiting either.

Yeah I'm definitely not saying that what Terri is doing by not fighting custody is right or something I agree with. However, I'm just simply pointing out that she could be waiting on the advice of her attorney.

Another option I could see is that she is so depressed or in such a state that she is somehow accepting that this might be what is best for the baby - perhaps she doesn't want her child to see her this way. Or she realizes she is a danger to herself. Or all the accusations and having her husband turn his back on her has made her feel like her child is better off without her. (All speculation, of course.)

Otherwise, I agree - I don't care if it was a Friday, if someone took my child from me, someone would be working overtime for me that weekend.

I agree, I keep thinking if she feels she isn't "safe" then she would do this for her daughter's safety. I know when my ex pulled his crap I was a lunatic, border lined on crazy and it was my friends and family who pulled me together to FIGHT...and yes I paid out the nose for an attorney to work all weekend, call Judges at home etc. but by 10 a.m. Monday morning I had my child back....no mother worth her weight is going to sit back and let someone take her baby without a fight it's just our instinct to fight for our kids.....UNLESS letting someone take them is the safest thing for the child and we know when it's all over we'll have them back.

Yeah I'm definitely not saying that what Terri is doing by not fighting custody is right or something I agree with. However, I'm just simply pointing out that she could be waiting on the advice of her attorney.

Yes, I think this is quite likely.

Though, I would have to say I would have a very hard time following that atty advice - yet I realize people are all different, and she might not have the same issues. Hard to say, really.

Yes, I think this is quite likely.

Though, I would have to say I would have a very hard time following that atty advice - yet I realize people are all different, and she might not have the same issues. Hard to say, really.

I agree. I would NOT just "accept" the fact that my children were taken away, if that were the case.

Ok, this has been on my mind and then after talking about it yesterday with a group of women I thought I would throw it out for y'all. I don't understand why TH is just "accepting" losing her daughter. Why aren't we seeing papers filed to get visits etc.? During our divorce my ex pulled a fast one with a judge on a Friday afternoon and was awarded temporary custody my Monday I had that decision reversed and was picking my daughter up with the sheriff. A mother isn't going to just sit back and let someone "take" their child. So my guess is she either knows she's had or it's part of a plan and I'm leaning towards part of a plan. I think even if I knew I was going to jail I would want whatever time I could get with that baby even if it was supervised visits for an hour once a week....I would be fighting unless I knew it wasn't for real.....thoughts??

There is a "restraining order" in place right now and she can't violate the order. I thought at some point Terri would have the opportunity to be in court regarding this "restraining order."

There is a "restraining order" in place right now and she can't violate the order. I thought at some point Terri would have the opportunity to be in court regarding this "restraining order."

I think with the evidence that she tried to hire someone to kill her husband, her lawyer has explained that she will not be able to resume custody of her daughter.

Because she knows she's screwed.

For all we know, she is going nuts without her child - but she isn't in front of the cameras, so how would we know?

Interestingly, she doesn't have a divorce lawyer - only a criminal lawyer. Can/would Houze file any papers regarding the divorce and RO? I was VERY much expecting to hear from Houze by now - from reading about him, he is big on Public Relations for his clients. I thought he would have released some kind of statement by now at least asserting that his client is a loving mother, grieving, wants to see her child again, etc. Something pretty harmless and basic.

It is really weird to me that there's been nothing from Terri and Houze at all.

I think with the evidence that she tried to hire someone to kill her husband, her lawyer has explained that she will not be able to resume custody of her daughter.

WHAT?! There's evidence of this? Where? **trying to play catch up**

WHAT?! There's evidence of this? Where? **trying to play catch up**

Strange but true (according to reports)!

[ame="http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?t=108448"]Landscaper says Terri Horman wanted him to kill her husband! - Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community[/ame]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shmoozie