Interview with Mike Thompson

Wait? I'm confused. The guy said he saw the man with the baby when he was in his drveway leaving for work. His wife said that she saw the man while peeking out through the window of their home. Where does the leaving the kids home alone come into play?

Do you have a link for that? I've only seen their varying accounts about who actually saw the man with the baby. I would feel more confident in that sighting if she said she saw the baby from her house.

http://news.yahoo.com/missing-baby-lisa-three-eyewitnesses-convinced-sighting-133701262.html

A few hours earlier, a couple living three houses down from the Irwin family said they saw a similar sight. A woman and her husband said they saw a man in a t-shirt carrying a baby. They thought the situation was so unusual that they reported it to police on the morning of Oct. 4.
"It was shocking because I couldn't imagine anyone outside walking with their baby in the cold like that with no clothes on," the woman told ABC News.

Even a half clothed baby, in the middle of the night? It's very possible it wasn't BL, but I don't think the guy is purposely lying either. If it wasn't BL, then yes, I do believe it's a strange coincidence. Guess a lot of people go walking with babies at 4am in KC.

That is exactly why I lean more towards this guy is not making it up. It may NOT have been Lisa, but like you said, it was 4am, and the baby had no clothes on. I don't think that would be a common occurance in any city.

And to add to that, why would he make it up? He doesnt seem to want to be in the spotlight. Yes he gave a few interviews, but that's it. Not really inserting himself into the case I would say. And as far as being a "defense plant" Really? What would be the purpose of this? If "someone" say, paid him to make this story up, then there would be the possibility that he would someday have to testify to this in court. He's going to take the chance of comittiing perjury for some cash? Probably not. I do not know this guy's history, but no one has yet revealed anywhere that MT is some type of shady character. So, no, IMO that is VERY farfetched.

So now I will say, in my OPINION, people who fiercely believe that JI and DB did something to Lisa, and that she wasnt abducted, want to disregard anything and everything that points to an abduction. I am a cynical person, and I have to say that there are MANY cases on this board where I feel in my heart the parents did it. But in those cases there is at least some type of evidence causing me to feel this way. For example:

Jhesseye Shockley-Mother served time in prison for torturing her children, sister confirmed J kept in closet, looked like zombie, etc, police searching landfill

Aliayah Lunsford-Mother and SF both have criminal history, other children removed from home, drug use, possible abuse-bruises, etc.

Sky Metalwala-Mother said ran out of gas-car was fine, history of severe mental illness, no confirmed sightings of Sky for possibly months

Bianca Jones-Carjacking not confirmed, child was wrapped in blanket said to be sleeping in carseat that had cadaver dog hit, dad admitted to "discipline"

These are just a few. Here is what I have in Lisa's case:
Deb admitted she was drunk. That's it. Oh, and the cadaver dog hit in the house, which I kind of disregard, it is an old house after all, the hhit was not in Lisas crib, or room, etc.

And sorry, that is not enough for me. It is just not. Like I said, I'm not naive, I just need some actual evidence that shows me DB and JI most likely did this.

Do you have a link for that? I've only seen their varying accounts about who actually saw the man with the baby. I would feel more confident in that sighting if she said she saw the baby from her house.

http://news.yahoo.com/missing-baby-lisa-three-eyewitnesses-convinced-sighting-133701262.html

A few hours earlier, a couple living three houses down from the Irwin family said they saw a similar sight. A woman and her husband said they saw a man in a t-shirt carrying a baby. They thought the situation was so unusual that they reported it to police on the morning of Oct. 4.
"It was shocking because I couldn't imagine anyone outside walking with their baby in the cold like that with no clothes on," the woman told ABC News.

I will try to find one, I even saw where the woman demonstrated peeking out of the mini blinds. :)

How old is this guy? Is he a father, himself? I could totally see someone without kids and little experience/exposure to a baby not thinking twice about it. I know my son wouldn't think twice about it. For the simple reason that what constitutes taking care of a baby/keeping them warm, etc.

Boy, I apologize...I totally left off right in the middle of my last sentence, and didn't even realize it!! (The kids must have needed something and pulled me away!)

Anyway, you get the drift, I'm sure. :)

How much of that is attributed to bad reporting in the article though versus what he said? There certainly has been plenty of that in this case.
I am guessing it could be attributed to both. The fact is, MT didn't report his sighting right away. The story appears to evolve, because now he apparently told PI he was actually hollering at the man with the baby and giving him advise.
The man whose photo he apparently picked from the line up - according to the article we are discussing, he was shown a photo of that man by GA (apparently in a line up?) prior to police line-up.

How much of that is attributed to bad reporting in the article though versus what he said? There certainly has been plenty of that in this case.

:seeya:

I agree that there may be some "bad reporting" -- BUT -- the links posted above are to point out that these distances were given to the reporters by Thompson.

I clearly remember that Thompson had changed his story a couple of times -- and the "change of story" I remember was when he was interviewed by HLN ...

Off to find that interview ...

:eek:nline::eek:nline:

Here is a clip of Thompson's interview with HLN -- at appx. 11:33

In this interview he says that the "baby" he saw was wearing "... a t-shirt, and either training pants or a diaper on... "

ETA: http://www.youtube.com/Sierra1947#p/u/114/rBy1f04Pbx8

Oh -- and Thanks to Patty G for keeping track of these videos !!

That is exactly why I lean more towards this guy is not making it up. It may NOT have been Lisa, but like you said, it was 4am, and the baby had no clothes on. I don't think that would be a common occurance in any city.

And to add to that, why would he make it up? He doesnt seem to want to be in the spotlight. Yes he gave a few interviews, but that's it. Not really inserting himself into the case I would say. And as far as being a "defense plant" Really? What would be the purpose of this? If "someone" say, paid him to make this story up, then there would be the possibility that he would someday have to testify to this in court. He's going to take the chance of comittiing perjury for some cash? Probably not. I do not know this guy's history, but no one has yet revealed anywhere that MT is some type of shady character. So, no, IMO that is VERY farfetched.

So now I will say, in my OPINION, people who fiercely believe that JI and DB did something to Lisa, and that she wasnt abducted, want to disregard anything and everything that points to an abduction. I am a cynical person, and I have to say that there are MANY cases on this board where I feel in my heart the parents did it. But in those cases there is at least some type of evidence causing me to feel this way. For example:

Jhesseye Shockley-Mother served time in prison for torturing her children, sister confirmed J kept in closet, looked like zombie, etc, police searching landfill

Aliayah Lunsford-Mother and SF both have criminal history, other children removed from home, drug use, possible abuse-bruises, etc.

Sky Metalwala-Mother said ran out of gas-car was fine, history of severe mental illness, no confirmed sightings of Sky for possibly months

Bianca Jones-Carjacking not confirmed, child was wrapped in blanket said to be sleeping in carseat that had cadaver dog hit, dad admitted to "discipline"

Deb admitted she was drunk. That's it. Oh, and the cadaver dog hit in the house, which I kind of disregard, it is an old house after all, the hhit was not in Lisas crib, or room, etc.

And sorry, that is not enough for me. It is just not. Like I said, I'm not naive, I just need some actual evidence that shows me DB and JI most likely did this.

BBM, I totally agree. MT has been mentioned as a defense plant more than once. But I guess I'm not a big enough conspiracy theorist in order to buy that. If I was going to go with a conspiracy theory on this case it wouldn't be that.

I don't think MT is a defense plant. But I still don't believe that story is credible.
Also, the description of the guy he says he saw is quite different from what the two neighbors say they saw, the way the wife describes the guy she saw, that guy was bold, tall, and skinny.

I don't think MT is a defense plant. But I still don't believe that story is credible.
Also, the description of the guy he says he saw is quite different from what the two neighbors say they saw, the way the wife describes the guy she saw, that guy was bold, tall, and skinny.

BBM, that's why I question the MT sighting, even if he did see a man w/a baby it wasn't the same guy the neighbors saw.

Two eye witnesses don't necessarily describe the same person or event the same way. It had been a week so his memory wasn't fresh when he started thinking of it.

Two eye witnesses don't necessarily describe the same person or event the same way. It had been a week so his memory wasn't fresh when he started thinking of it.

I agree and he confidently picked someone out of a lineup that did not match the description of the neighbors.

I agree. Look, I understand there are a ton of reasons not the give the parents the benefit of the doubt, especially when it comes to stories about what happened. But I don't think one should auto disregard any story that goes against who they think is responsible either. Despite what we all think about who and what went down that night, the fact remains that we are no closer to figuring out what happened now then we were in October or even November. There could be a story tomorrow that shows that BL had indeed been abducted and some family has been caring for her. Now, I'm sure the shock that would befall a lot of people would probably send tremors through the internet, but I don't think at the end of the day anyone could say it was impossible, because it at this point anything is still possible.

One would be surprised how many people saw Lacey Peterson in a black and white outfit walking her dog AFTER she was dead. This happens often when attorneys are involved. Look at Caylee...same thing. Baez and cindy had LE chasing down ghosts all over this nation and beyond. It's what they do to create reasonable doubt. It Appears to be working with some...even juries.

One would be surprised how many people saw Lacey Peterson in a black and white outfit walking her dog AFTER she was dead. This happens often when attorneys are involved. Look at Caylee...same thing. Baez and cindy had LE chasing down ghosts all over this nation and beyond. It's what they do to create reasonable doubt. It Appears to be working with some.

Sorry, I refuse to believe anyone who makes a statement to LE that goes against the 'popular' theory is purposely lying and was hired by a lawyer. I guess if they really did see something, they should of kept their mouth shut since that would go against the 'parent's did it' theory.

Sorry, I refuse to believe anyone who makes a statement to LE that goes against the 'popular' theory is purposely lying and was hired by a lawyer. I guess if they really did see something, they should of kept their mouth shut since that would go against the 'parent's did it' theory.

I never said they were hired by a lawyer.

I agree. Look, I understand there are a ton of reasons not the give the parents the benefit of the doubt, especially when it comes to stories about what happened. But I don't think one should auto disregard any story that goes against who they think is responsible either. Despite what we all think about who and what went down that night, the fact remains that we are no closer to figuring out what happened now then we were in October or even November. There could be a story tomorrow that shows that BL had indeed been abducted and some family has been caring for her. Now, I'm sure the shock that would befall a lot of people would probably send tremors through the internet, but I don't think at the end of the day anyone could say it was impossible, because it at this point anything is still possible.

Yes, anything IS possible. And I can understand in this situation why people are suspicious. But it is just kind of like an attitude that's scary to me. "DB did it!! She's evil! I will take nothing else into consideration, I KNOW she did it!" Just a narrow-mindedness that really bothers me. And no, if we finally find out what happened to poor Lisa ( and I hope it's soon) and it turns out that DB or JI was behind it, I'm not going to say "Oh no, I don't believe it! It's a frame up!" If there is evidence that shows this, then so be it, I would vilify them also. But right now, I just don't see it. LE has really been tight lipped on what they have or don't have, and that is probably good for the case, but it also causes much speculation, rumors, etc.

One would be surprised how many people saw Lacey Peterson in a black and white outfit walking her dog AFTER she was dead. This happens often when attorneys are involved. Look at Caylee...same thing. Baez and cindy had LE chasing down ghosts all over this nation and beyond. It's what they do to create reasonable doubt. It Appears to be working with some.

BBM: :rocker: Exactly ! And all of these "alleged sightings" just happened to be AFTER Bill Stanton showed up ... oh, ADD Joe Tacopino showing up . . .

I just canNOT believe that some "believe" these "alleged sightings" . . .

:abduction:

Very well put! While many do not agree with the parents actions (myself included, honestly their actions are my biggest reason for suspecting them, not any of the evidence) this doesn't mean they are guilty. Possibly they've gotten bad advice? How is no one in their family speaking out? Siblings, cousins, uncles, aunts, grandparents?

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MaryEllen77
Back