Interim discussion regarding questions from the jury and Arias on the stand #81

Status
Not open for further replies.
OMG....I couldnt take it anymore and had to turn it off. I thought I knew what the word Conceited meant, but he redefined it for me. My goodness.

If he was the highest paid magician in the world, then how come we never heard of him.

Ive heard of David Copperfield, but not Gus. :floorlaugh:
Ha. I just went down that rabbit hole "Butler in a Box", "invented voice recognition", "changed the world"... blah blah. He leaves out the contributions of Franz Kavan, a German-born software wizard, who was the partner that made it happen. Apparently he got some start up funding for this project, but the company didn't end up going anywhere. Google "Mastervoice" or "Automated Voice Systems, Inc." Or this link: http://www.electronichouse.com/slideshow/category/8427/1189 :waitasec: Oh, and he is in newsprint as being the highest paid magician at the Magic Castle, whatever that is.

lizardqueen74 said:
I think she still had it, but couldn't afford the payments. Which is why she had Travis' BMW. He had arranged for her to pay at least $100 per month, but to pay more when possible...BUT she towed the car on a UHAUL hitch....WITH THE CAR IN FIRST GEAR. (As a BMW owner, it makes me want to cry. LOL)

So, she basically had 2 cars. One that she completely ruined and one she couldn't afford. Not sure about what year hers was or what condition it was in.

I hope whoever got the car after her at some point checked the undercarriage for blood. She strikes me as someone who would run into/over someone while in a rage and keep right on going as long as she thought no one saw her do it.

The "lost and found" cell phone charger is the premed clincher for me. She said she felt more secure with gas cans driving through the desert at night, but no cell phone??? Single woman alone at night with combustable material smelling in tha back of the car, but no concern @ cell phone. Filled up at two gas stations and did not buy another charger?
Those pesky cell phone chargers always hide under the seat when ya need 'um!

At one point she said on the stand that she was board a lot on the trip so made a lot of calls.
If she really thought she didn’t have a charger wouldn’t she be trying to save her battery life for emergencies?

Infuriatingly the first witness on day six, Friedman of Yreka PD, doesn't seem to appear on any of the YouTube videos but here's wenwe4's transcription of Friedman's testimony:

:woohoo: Thank you so much for your help!!!:woohoo:

I totally concur!!

I think Juan needs to step up his game and not worry so much about semantics and verbally sluggin' it out with Jodi. We know she's a manipulator and a control freak. He's shown that side of her to us.
And although I realize he's got an agenda, I feel he needs to tie this in a nice neat lil concise bundle for us somehow this week.
BBM: Juan is doing an amazing job! His "game" has been stepped up since day one. The job he is doing, is reflected in the jury questions. They DO NOT believe JA and are certainly on Juan's (Travis's) side. He needs to keep doing what he feels needs to be done, to get a guilty verdict. Mr. Martinez is a seasoned prosecutor, he knows what he is doing. :twocents:

Agree.

JMO
I've mentioned before that I think the "car debt" that she owed Travis was a huge part of her motive. During her testimony there were very telling signs to me that money was a huge concern for her and this car debt was a big problem for her.

It sounded like she had nothing but odd jobs working at restarants and it sounds like she did not make much. Since the car was basically ruined by her, the last thing she wanted to do was take a portion of what little she earned and send it to Travis who was dumping her.

I am sure she thought about it this way.
-Why should I pay him money on a car I cant drive
-He is dumping me and I am supposed to give him money still
-If he is dead, the debt I owe him goes away

There was a point in the testimony where she was describing how she got favorable terms and she said it like Travis told her she could pay as little as 100 per month but more if she had it. That part of her testimony showed me how money was a huge issue and huge concern for her. She always wanted to live the high life like Travis and never wanted to come across as someone who did not have money. She was faking to everybody that she was one of the high life socialites and as she testifiied she even said her reputation was very important to her. I am sure even the training classes for PPL emphasized how to basically "show off" to people how they could be rich like them some day. I attended a multi-level marketing spiel and it was just like this.

I dont think people realize how money was such a critical factor for her.

I think she left that check there at his place when she killed him knowing he could not cash it after he was dead. She even called one of the relatives and was worried they would try to cash it.

She always wanted people to think highly of her in the money department and she knew she could never afford to keep up with those car payments.
To me, that car debt was a huge factor in killing him once he decided to dump her.

The bottom line for me is I think the money debt was equal if not more of a reason why she killed him. Combine the money debt with jealousy and revenge, and you get a killer Jodi who is still trying to show off that she is an intelligent high life socialite.
Jumping of your post...

The very first car payment JA made to Travis was on his dresser and was not ever cashed. Travis was a good guy and even spoke to a lawyer about trying to get UHaul to pay for the ruined BMW.

I don't believe $ was a big factor, except the payments kept her linked to Travis, a way to talk to him, manipulate him, have some type of connection.

JA had walked away from a mortgage, credit card payments, a nice car, if she wanted to walk away from the BMW payments, she would have and could have. She didn't because it was all she had left to connect her to Travis, he was clearly moving on.

I believe the simple reason JA killed Travis, is pure rage and jealousy. SHE couldn't/wouldn't walk away. If she couldn't have him, nobody would have him. She is pure evil. :furious:

:moo:

BBM: Juan is doing an amazing job! His "game" has been stepped up since day one. The job he is doing, is reflected in the jury questions. They DO NOT believe JA and are certainly on Juan's (Travis's) side. He needs to keep doing what he feels needs to be done, to get a guilty verdict. Mr. Martinez is a seasoned prosecutor, he knows what he is doing. :twocents:

Don't get me wrong, I think he's awesome. The way the shadow boxes with her is amazing because she never knows where he's going to end up
but............I think he might be losing a few people along the way. I know I get confused and I know or at least hope he's on a mission and will bring it all together.
So that's what I'm saying, I think he needs to start pulling in the lines a bit. That's just my opinion.

Is it true that there's no court Mon and Tue due to some juror having something else to do those days? Someone scheduled something they couldn't get out of?

Oh moderators I got a pop up message about my post sorry! You don't have to post.

Don't get me wrong, I think he's awesome. The way the shadow boxes with her is amazing because she never knows where he's going to end up
but............I think he might be losing a few people along the way. I know I get confused and I know or at least hope he's on a mission and will bring it all together.
So that's what I'm saying, I think he needs to start pulling in the lines a bit. That's just my opinion.

Is it true that there's no court Mon and Tue due to some juror having something else to do those days? Someone scheduled something they couldn't get out of?

At first there was no court because of other duties. Those were cleared but the jurors had made other plans and I don't blame them.

Grrrrrrr, my iPad won't reconnect to the radio show tonight. I hope I get to hear the replay.

Hey guys...was talking a little to my hubby about the case. He brought up a question I couldn't answer.

I thought that the FB message that TA sent to JA was inadmissible due to hearsay bc the sender couldn't be questioned by the defense. If that's the case, then how are the text messages allowed?

Also, I only just yesterday watched RB on the stand and noticed that JM was en fuego about only the RB side of the texts being available...none of Jodi's responses were included. How was that?!

TIA

I think mr defence has lost the jury long ago. With all the sex sex sex and more sex!
I think juan is acting like that. For a a reason ! maybe To catch them totally off guard. He's been doing this for years.
Kind of like Colombo use to do haha! Remember him?
I total faith in juan! I am curious if he's ever tried any other cases with nurmi!
Or this judge. I used to get so annoyed at the judge for allowing JA to disrespect mr Martinez, and essentially flipping the finger to authority. I now think it was a good thing! The jury got to see her demeanour! Her different personalities! With nurmi she's very detailed! Respectful! With juan she's combative! Rude! Confrontational! And goes back into her fognesia.
The jury was able to see the possibility ! Of her involvement! Day after day after day! From nice to mean to crying to combative! Lying. Even to the very jury that will decide her fate.

I want justice for travis
I want his reputation restored!
I never much cared for the death penalty before! But I think in this case! I wouldn't have a problem with it. It was made for cases like this!
If she gets. The death penalty someone should holler
Say cheese.

Thanks for listening

Rewatching the trial dates and especially the telephone calls between Jodi and detective Flores. This woman is a cold blooded kiler. She needs to be found guilty, she just has to. She's talking about his will! And about his car collecting dust. SMDH.

Jodi Arias - Police Phone Interviews June 10, 21 (vm) & 25, 2008 - YouTube
Tanisha wanted to strangle her at 1:08:43

OMG, the callousness of this killer! It's been so long since I've heard the interview tapes - it just opens up old wounds. She's telling Det. Flores that Travis would give anyone his 'last dollar' and she follows it up by saying he gave her his banking pin # !!! Who else would be so trusting? Someone upthread said he never even cashed the first check she gave him for the BMW! The coup d'etat was when she had the gall to call the Executor of his Estate re the loan....after she had just murdered him! For these actions alone, she deserves the DP...10x over!

I know and it is very confusing and probably confuses the jury too. The only thing I can figure is she arrived at his house totally surprising him. I dont believe for 1 minute he knew she was coming over.

By then, he knew she was an evil and scary person. I think he was kind of scared of her by then and maybe he thought if had sex with her and to go along with her to some extent, he could just get her to leave peacefully.

It is very confusing. I dont know why he would just not try to throw her out immediately. Maybe he always had this way of dealing with her. Kind of go along with her and of course have sex and then maybe he hoped he could get her to leave on somewhat of a good note.

Some people think she had him at gunpoint the whole day.

Somebody else suggested a few days ago (can't remember who, very embarrassing, Jodi's fog is affecting me) this scenario:

Jodi calls Travis from the road several times. Leaves him a message that she wants to apologize for whatever it is that she did that prompted the 5/26 email. He finally calls her back, the argue about it a little, and finally, because he is a nice guy, he agrees she can stop by. She arrives and apologizes, says she knows they can never be bf/gf again, but she hopes they can be friends. Blah, blah, blah. He is a forgiving kind of person and finally says okay. Big hug. Big hug turns into one more roll in the hay for old times sake (we know she has done this with previous boyfriends). Then she kills him.

How could they not be on his side. He's got a tape of her lying her *advertiser censored** off to Flores and ANOTHER tape of her lying her *advertiser censored** off on national television and PICTURES of her at the scene dragging the freaking dead body. This case is a prosecutor's w** dream. My only hope continues to be that his demeanor doesn't screw it up.

<modsnip>

I hope whoever got the car after her at some point checked the undercarriage for blood. She strikes me as someone who would run into/over someone while in a rage and keep right on going as long as she thought no one saw her do it.

Well, Jodi would say, if she did run over somebody in a hit 'n run, she would wash the underside of the car wearing plenty of gloves. Ha, you know her, she'd remember the sound the body made, but then the fog would roll in.

Yes, yes, yes, she would not tell anybody about any crime she committed without being forced to, then she'd find a way to blame that person for walking on the street.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shmoozie