Inside Every Good Dog is A Great Dog - Purina® Pro Plan®

Cinnamon

Reaction score
This commercial is 2-years old, but I watch it often. I'm a first time dog owner, and my furbaby saved my life. He is a GREAT DOG! Watching him sleeping here next to me, and I'm just overcome with a love that I never imagined. Oops, he's up now...heard me crying, trying to lick my tears away, like he always does. :smile: Anyway, this video always makes me smile and cry tears of joy. Thought I would share it here. Hope it makes somebody else smile, too.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=asnbU7m-z5o

Awesome video!

I think loving my dogs ( I have always had a least one) has taught me so much and have truly made me a better person.

They taught me all about love and loss, loyalty and compassion...I've been very fortunate to have loved so many.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Awesome video!

I think loving my dogs ( I have always had a least one) has taught me so much and have truly made me a better person.

They taught me all about love and loss, loyalty and compassion...I've been very fortunate to have loved so many.

TY. That's nice that you always had one, and loved so many. You are fortunate! I remember having a family dog growing up years ago...a German Shepard, who was cute as a puppy that I used to proudly walk around the neighborhood...then he got bigger than me and HE started walking ME around the neighborhood, lol, and I lost interest. Don't really remember what happened to him. I was so young, under age 10. With my dysfunctional family, who knows. :frown: I shudder to think.

But my lil' furbaby (in my avatar) is my first dog as an adult, and now I can't imagine life without him! I got him at 8-weeks-old and he's been the center of my world since.. He's 2-yrs-old now. My plan is for us to grow old together. But, I'm not naive, I know I will probably outlive him, but I try not to think about that, and I just enjoy every silly, goofy, and aggravating (he's just growing out of the puppy phase, lol) minute with him. I also love his tenacity and his protective nature as my "watch dog," all 13-lbs of him, lol. He "protects" me from the neighbors, when they're in THEIR own yard/driveway or anybody just waking down the street. If anybody is near my house, he will bark and let me know. And, though sometimes annoying, as a paranoid person, I appreciate and love him for that.

Apparently, I am the trained one, lol, because when he barks, I get up to check. Sometimes it's nothing (maybe he just wants attention) and sometimes it is something, but I ALWAYS get up and check, cause iIn my mind, the one time I DON'T check will be the time that some maniac killer has broken into my home. Anyway...

You are so right, loving him has definitely made me a better person. I have learned so much from him, a dog, that helps me deal with humans every day. Most importantly to me, he makes me smile and laugh, no matter what, EVERY DAY!!!

heve8ysy.jpg

Just returned from the dog park. He's enjoying the A/C and my bed. :)

Ahhh, he is gorgeous. My BC gal is depressed in the heat. When it cools down this evening we will go on a long trek involving rivers x

Ahhh, he is gorgeous. My BC gal is depressed in the heat. When it cools down this evening we will go on a long trek involving rivers x

Oh how I wish we had a nice safe riverbank to walk!!! That's sounds so fun!

http://www.torontosun.com/2014/07/16/family-dog-leads-cops-to-hiding-break-in-suspect

"ST. CATHARINES, Ont. — The Littlest Hobo?

Like something out of a 1970s TV show, a persistent family dog led Niagara-area police to a hiding suspect police say broke into the family's home.

The dog, a five-year-old German shepherd named Kaylee, led police to a wooded area at the rear of the home where their suspect was trying to hide.

"Without the family dog, we wouldn't have found the guy — without a doubt," said Const. Derek Watson of the Niagara Regional Police".

http://www.torontosun.com/2014/07/16/family-dog-leads-cops-to-hiding-break-in-suspect

"ST. CATHARINES, Ont. — The Littlest Hobo?

Like something out of a 1970s TV show, a persistent family dog led Niagara-area police to a hiding suspect police say broke into the family's home.

The dog, a five-year-old German shepherd named Kaylee, led police to a wooded area at the rear of the home where their suspect was trying to hide.

"Without the family dog, we wouldn't have found the guy — without a doubt," said Const. Derek Watson of the Niagara Regional Police".

Awesome!!! Kaylee is a hero, definitely a GREAT DOG. Thanks for sharing.

ETA: Very impressive that she's trained to go to the property line and freeze until given permission to leave. My yard isn't fenced it, would love to train my dog to do that!

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
zipperoni
Back