Match! NY - NYC, WhtMale UP5064, 40-55, jumped from ferry, Jan'09 *Robert Donlick*

Yep, it sure looks like you did it!! Congrats in advance -- if it's not him, I'll sincerely be shocked. Keep us posted!!

Great Job! Looks to me to be a match. I hope it is for the families sake. :takeabow:

jmho

Just getting settled in here, so I'm going to really follow this case and am really hoping that this is a match! I will be completely shocked if its not!

Mr. Donlick has officially been identified. I received the confirmation today, and his family has been notified. His case has been removed from both the missing and unidentified sections of NamUs.

May he rest in Peace, and I'm so glad his family will now have him back.

Sent: Tue 1/11/11 2:10 PM
To: XXXX,

Mr. Donlick was identified the other day and his family has been notified. Thank you for the lead.

Benjamin J. Figura, MA

Director of Identification

Office of Chief Medical Examiner

520 First Avenue

New York, NY 10016

Tel: 212-447-2770

WTC Ops: 212-447-7884

Fax: 212-447-4339

Email: bfigura@ocme.nyc.gov

Web: www.nyc.gov/ocme

Snuf, that is wonderful news that an identity has been made for this man!
So sad for his family. I hope they can find closure now. Thanks for the update.

It still seems surreal that he went unidentified for so long. Almost two years exactly. He jumped on January 8, 2009- I submitted him January 4, 2011. He was taken out of NamUs January 11, 2009.

Two long years.

Awesome job Snuf! I finally have the opportunity to update a thread with the 'match!' prefix! I think this is the first unassisted WS match that I can think of.. We've assisted with family (Tawni Mazzone, former Maricopa Jane Doe or 'MJD') and we had a few already submitted or doenetwork assisted along with WS, but this, I think is our first solely WS related. Congratulations.

You've done a wonderful job bringing Mr Donlick home and his family some closure, while I'm sure this is not the outcome they had hoped for.

Sleep peacefully Mr Donlick, you're 'home' now.
Prayers said for your family and all who knew and loved you.

congratulations Snuf. this should serve as an example that heights can differ by 4" which should be considered for future matches.

as I said earlier in the thread it was all there except the height.

excellent job!

Thank you snuf for following through with your instincts & giving the family some peace, knowing where their loved one is.

Rest in Peace, Mr. Donlick :rose:

Great job Snuf! Thank you for doing this!

Ima

Congrats on the great work Snuf!

You can and did make a difference.

:highfive:
fran

Mr. Donlick has officially been identified. I received the confirmation today, and his family has been notified. His case has been removed from both the missing and unidentified sections of NamUs.

May he rest in Peace, and I'm so glad his family will now have him back.

Sent: Tue 1/11/11 2:10 PM
To: XXXX,

Mr. Donlick was identified the other day and his family has been notified. Thank you for the lead.

Benjamin J. Figura, MA

Director of Identification

Office of Chief Medical Examiner

520 First Avenue

New York, NY 10016

Tel: 212-447-2770

WTC Ops: 212-447-7884

Fax: 212-447-4339

Email: bfigura@ocme.nyc.gov

Web: www.nyc.gov/ocme

:clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

Just a reminder that this is Snuf's second match (her first was Doungboupa Dawn Sihakhom AKA Sierra Madre Jane Doe).

231UFCA.jpg
p9616254.jpg

Great job, Snuf and I'm sure that there will be more.

:applause: :applause: :applause: :applause: :applause: :applause: :applause:

Way to go on the match! Rest in Peace, Robert. May your memory live on with your family and all those who knew you.

It's too bad a description of the clothing and backpack weren't included in the NamUs report for the UID. While we don't know that he didn't change clothes, something as simple as the brand of the backpack might have proved to be useful in solving this one.

congratulations Snuf. this should serve as an example that heights can differ by 4" which should be considered for future matches.

as I said earlier in the thread it was all there except the height.

excellent job!

Mr. Donlick's case also shows why there's a need for advocates for the missing and unidentified.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dil2288
Back