LIST Questions & Answers #8 LIST ONLY NO DISCUSSION

Status
Not open for further replies.
Have we ever seen an interview with Lauren Coppel?

Is CA on disability? And if so...how did she get on disability so fast and what IS her disability. I know this has nothing to do with they case but I am just curious.

Is CA on disability? And if so...how did she get on disability so fast and what IS her disability. I know this has nothing to do with they case but I am just curious.

IIRC, Cindy mentioned at the bond hearing in July 2008, that she had either accured sick days, or personal time, or vacation time and that the company she worked for would work with her.

Cindy may have at some point utilized the Family and Medical Leave Act but then, there is no money in that unless she has a private "disability" insurance coverage that would pay part of her income based on a disabilty insurance policy. Even if she has a "private" disability" policy, these companies might require updated medical information.

IMO, I don't feel that Cindy is on any type of "Social Security" disabilty only because there would be a real issue since she appeared on all these morning shows and being paid "licensing" fees, etc., etc.

I won't go into Cindy's disability .... :nono:

IIRC, Cindy mentioned at the bond hearing in July 2008, that she had either accured sick days, or personal time, or vacation time and that the company she worked for would work with her.

Cindy may have at some point utilized the Family and Medical Leave Act but then, there is no money in that unless she has a private "disability" insurance coverage that would pay part of her income based on a disabilty insurance policy. Even if she has a "private" disability" policy, these companies might require updated medical information.

IMO, I don't feel that Cindy is on any type of "Social Security" disabilty only because there would be a real issue since she appeared on all these morning shows and being paid "licensing" fees, etc., etc.

I won't go into Cindy's disability .... :nono:

I don't know if CA is on Social Security Disability, but many here think she wouldn't be able to get it. She probably could.

You can be wealthy and still get Social Security Disability. You can also work and make up to $900 a month without losing any benefits. They don't care about how much money you have or any other type of income (interest, dividends, etc.) - there is only that limit on how much you can earn from working. They even have a training program that will help you find a job if you want to participate - not required.

My friend is on SSD - she has to have her doctor sign a form once a year stating she is still disabled. She was on disability thru' her employer for over a year. They had a big insurance company that paid the benefits and that company had their own lawyers that helped people get SSD. She also still gets some money from the insurance company - the difference between what she was entitled to thru' her employer's program and what SSD pays.

Most people need a good lawyer to get approval - we know CA has BC.

SSD has a big website with all the information you could want and more.
A person on SSD can make up to $25,000 without paying income tax.

Edited to add link
http://www.ssa.gov/disability/

I don't know if CA is on Social Security Disability, but many here think she wouldn't be able to get it. She probably could.

You can be wealthy and still get Social Security Disability. You can also work and make up to $900 a month without losing any benefits. They don't care about how much money you have or any other type of income (interest, dividends, etc.) - there is only that limit on how much you can earn from working. They even have a training program that will help you find a job if you want to participate - not required.

My friend is on SSD - she has to have her doctor sign a form once a year stating she is still disabled. She was on disability thru' her employer for over a year. They had a big insurance company that paid the benefits and that company had their own lawyers that helped people get SSD. She also still gets some money from the insurance company - the difference between what she was entitled to thru' her employer's program and what SSD pays.

Most people need a good lawyer to get approval - we know CA has BC.

SSD has a big website with all the information you could want and more.
A person on SSD can make up to $25,000 without paying income tax.

Edited to add link
http://www.ssa.gov/disability/

Is this true? (bolded above) But, I thought if you are disabled that means by definition that you can not work --that working even a little would jeopardize disability. Is that not correct?

Apparently "over 650 pages" of documents were "released" yesterday (03/01/10) -- articles discussing this are here: [ame="http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?p=4869308#post4869308"]2010.03.01 - Today's Current News - ***NO DISCUSSIONS HERE PLEASE *** - Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community[/ame] One of the articles even has a video where news ppl are talking about the content of the release.

Do we get to see the documents? Yes/no/when? It doesn't look like they're posted anywhere. Forgive my ignorance, but how is this "release" different than others in that the others have been public information?

For some reason......they have not been released on the Internet yet......I don't know why, other than to speculate that if one media outlet has them....others don't want to pay for them. I hope to see something tomorrow....perhaps a call to WESH may be helpful as their reporting on these docs ended with a "teaser" view of one of the docs.

Perhaps it is a case of "who drew straws"???? OR....a savvy media trick to create even more enthusiasm by way of "making the public salivate and beg for a fix". I tend to suspect the latter. This whole case has morphed into a PR / strategic move / calculated effort to maximize the $$$$$$ and recognition.

Is this true? (bolded above) But, I thought if you are disabled that means by definition that you can not work --that working even a little would jeopardize disability. Is that not correct?

http://www.ssa.gov/work/receivingbenefits.html#check

I was surprised, too! (Sorry to be OT, mods, but wanted to follow up by answering the question.)

It says you can work and receive your full cash benefits unless you make $980 in a month. It seems, even then, you only lose benefits for months you make over this limit.

From SSD website FAQ about working:

How does work affect my check benefits?

First, you should know that if you go back to work, you will NOT automatically lose your disability benefits. The Ticket to Work and special rules called "work incentives" allow you to keep your cash benefits and Medicare or Medicaid while you test your ability to work. For the Social Security Disability Insurance (SSDI) program, there is a trial work period during which you can receive full benefits regardless of how much you earn, as long as you report your work activity and continue to have a disabling impairment.

The trial work period continues until you accumulate nine months (not necessarily consecutive) in which you perform what we call “services” within a rolling 60-month period. We consider your work to be “services” if you earn more than $700 a month in 2009. For 2008, this amount was $670. After the trial work period ends, your benefits will stop for the months your earnings are at a level we consider "substantial" -- currently $980 in 2009. For 2008, this amount was $940. Different amounts apply to people who are disabled because of blindness. The monthly SGA amount for statutorily blind individuals for 2008 is $1,640.

Anyone have any idea when the latest evidence which was sent to the defense on March 1st will be released to the public?

Anyone have any idea when the latest evidence which was sent to the defense on March 1st will be released to the public?

I am sooo hoping it is today! If we're not that lucky, it will be very soon, though.

This case has been going on for so long, and with SO much information, if I once knew, I've forgotten...
Is KC being held in the OC jail without bail? If so, I wonder if she is considered a flight risk. Or ... if bail is possible, perhaps there is no current benefactor ?
Thanks WS !
Misy ~

This case has been going on for so long, and with SO much information, if I once knew, I've forgotten...
Is KC being held in the OC jail without bail? If so, I wonder if she is considered a flight risk. Or ... if bail is possible, perhaps there is no current benefactor ?
Thanks WS !
Misy ~

She is being held without bail on the murder charge, I believe.

IIRC, in George's depo and/or FBI interview he noted that he would stick money in Caylee's (piggy) bank over time, and he noted in the interview that at some point it had been emptied. When I initially heard this comment it struck me as generic enough that it could've been anytime in recent history, not just after Caylee's disappearance. And that George was using the example as yet another example of Casey's behavior. Does anyone know if George gave any indications as to exactly when this event might've happened? TIA!

IIRC, in George's depo and/or FBI interview he noted that he would stick money in Caylee's (piggy) bank over time, and he noted in the interview that at some point it had been emptied. When I initially heard this comment it struck me as generic enough that it could've been anytime in recent history, not just after Caylee's disappearance. And that George was using the example as yet another example of Casey's behavior. Does anyone know if George gave any indications as to exactly when this event might've happened? TIA!

Doesn't give any time frame. Here's a post that quotes that part of George's interview (with thanks to MarleneM):

http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?p=3653273&highlight=piggy#post3653273

I am reading through news articles, that the evidence that has been released this morning is hard to read (contains lots of graphs, DNA) and some of it is hard for them to load. Is there other evidence being released today, if anyone knows ?

03/10/2010---Response---to Defendant's Motion to Modify the Court's Order on Defendant's Application for Subpoena Duces Tecum for Documents in the Possession of Texas Equusearch
Is this a response from the Judge?
Anyone know where we can see this?
Thanks,
Katharine

TWA just asked this question on another thread -- "Does anyone know if Dominic moved out of his house, or if he opened up shop for his PI business at location B after closing down location A?"

Does anyone, especially those in the Orlando area, know? Is there anyone local who can look into this? It might give us a better idea if DC's recent actions are a result of his investigative interview by LE, if he is in fact in protective custody, or if he is simply having financial difficulties.

O.K>, really gonna show my ignorance here...but I want to know.
There has been much discussion today about GA sending text messages and possibly pictures from one of his three "batphones".
I don't own a cellphone - probably never will - so I hafta ask.
Do the "buy and toss" phones sold at Walmart and Seven Eleven actually have texting and image transfer capabilities, or are they simple phones?

Thanks in advance for not laughing at my naiveness and lack of electronic enlightenment! :)

At some point, somewhere George Anthony stated he never searched for Caylee. Does anyone recall if this was during the M&M depo, or on one of the morning shows or ????

O.K>, really gonna show my ignorance here...but I want to know.
There has been much discussion today about GA sending text messages and possibly pictures from one of his three "batphones".
I don't own a cellphone - probably never will - so I hafta ask.
Do the "buy and toss" phones sold at Walmart and Seven Eleven actually have texting and image transfer capabilities, or are they simple phones?

Thanks in advance for not laughing at my naiveness and lack of electronic enlightenment! :)

Many phone companies that offer prepaid service (ie no credit card, no credit check) offer phones that have features like texting, cameras, etc. Here's some of the phones offered by Virgin Mobile:
http://www.virginmobileusa.com/cell-phones

Here's another company, not quite as well known:
http://www.straighttalk.com/ShopPhones

Net10 also offers many services above basic talk features:
http://www.net10.com/phones.jsp?nextPage=&task=phonedoc&phoneNum=0&hasflash=YES&b=n

Iirc, all these phones can be bought at convenience stores or Walmart. I just searched walmart.com and they show several brands of these "bat phones" available online and in store.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member