Deceased/Not Found Canada - Alvin, 66, & Kathy Liknes, 53, Nathan O'Brien, 5, Calgary, 30 June 2014 - #6

Status
Not open for further replies.
Are there any locals on this thread that can drive around the neighborhood and observe and locate surveillance cameras? Then we might get a better idea where this photo evidence is coming from and how damaging it may or may not be.

This worries me a bit that LE are returning to the Liknes home to search again…Makes me think they aren't finding anything on DG's property and are going back to the beginning or something. I also read on MSM (will try to find link also) that police are sure to make clear this isn't an abduction, but a missing persons case, interesting also….
http://medicinehatnews.com/news/pro...me-of-missing-grandparents-as-part-of-search/

Strange indeed. IMO any time there is a child missing in the company of adults other than custodial parents, it is an abduction. Of course I value all lives but the child is always my first concern in any situation.

ETA: its not like they got lost in the woods or something.

Many on here are assuming that it may have been AL that was injured. Here's my thoughts, what if KL was the one who was seriously/severly ingured that night to show AL that whoever did this means business? What if the LE already have a blood match on that for KL and it was AL & NO that were taken from the home and that KL is not likely to survive for long. Could that be why the Amber Alert specifically makes mention that NO could be with his grandfather? The LE already know something about KL that we don't. Just a thought on my part.

If this were the case, could AL & NO still be alive and being held by DG's accomplice trying to shake down for money owed once the heat from LE subsides?

BBM
Ever since I read that the ME had been called to the home that first day and knowing that there were no bodies there, I have thought that tissue of some sort, possibly brain tissue, was found and it needed to be identified. Thus, the ME at the scene. To build on the bolded area, that could explain why KL was not mentioned in the Amber Alert. I have also wondered if the ME would be called to examine the volume of blood found to indicate whether the amount lost would be compatible with life.

Devin Heroux @Devin_Heroux · 1h
#AmberAlert Day 13: @CalgaryPolice search teams will return to Liknes Home in Parkhill for an additional sweep of the property #cbc @CBCNews

#AmberAlert UPDATE: Officers will continue to comb the rural property in Airdrie, as well as several surrounding acreages. #cbc @CBCNews

Officers also remain on site at the Spyhill Landfill, sifting through material to determine if anything is relevant to investigation #cbc

At this point @CalgaryPolice will not be providing a media update today regarding #AmberAlert.

https://twitter.com/Devin_Heroux

fgh

I think this angle is very plausible also - DG could have done this with another person (family?) and is remaining loyal to them.

-I don't see DG having many "friends" or even close family... and even they seem to be off the radar for now... which is telling.

-DG may have got help from someone else who also got "ripped off" in a similar patent dispute OR from someone he knows in the drug trade

-If that is the case then I think LE have some idea or will after interviews are complete. Remember it's summer in Canada and lots of people go away for the firsts 2 weeks in July. So it may be difficult to track down everyone who has been involved in the businesses who may be able to connect the dots and point the police to other POIs

-I still think DG may have acted alone.... and his acting like a blind old man is simply calculated drama IMO

-I think DG is a genius. And knows it. And LE knows it too. On another discussion board someone said he actually hacked into a security system of his place of employment while living in BC-- this hasn't been substantiated but I am inclined to believe it. This guy seems to be all about skirting the system IMO.

-I wonder if much has been made of the trailer hitch on DGs vehicle? Is it possible he made a trip with some sort of utility trailer or horse trailer attached? Or hell-- maybe in another vehicle entirely. Maybe he entered the neighbourhood from a different direction on that trip and it wasn't captured on video. This would make it easy to transport people dead or alive and nobody would question...especially during Stampede.

I'm lost here. What chemicals help keep a truck nice? I thought he just made a few trips to the body shop and was trying to keep his truck in good condition. It's practically an antique. That is not unheard of at all. Heck I have a neighbor with an old 89 Honda Civic in mint condition. He is obsessed with that car and washes and waxes it on the weekends.

Sorry to confuse! I haven't a clue. Just thinking out loud as if instead of like you say wash and wax, IF you had expertise and access to chemicals could/would/are there ones that you would use to do a thorough job of keeping a vehicle in such good condition and maybe clean certain stains off.

This theory has been bugging me for a while so I thought I would put it out there....What if....only 1 person is missing from the home? We are all working on the theory that 3 people have been "disappeared" by someone. How thorough a search did LE do of crawl spaces, attics. basements etc. Not implying at all that they haven't done a thorough job, but from the outset it looked as the 3 people from the home were not there so their focus was on that. DG as has been reported has an involved history with drugs. Has it been verified that KL and NO haven't been drugged and tied up/bound somewhere in the actual house. If I was JO I would be checking every cupboard and space big enough in that house. It would make more sense that someone would be able to move 1 person easily as opposed to 3. It just doesn't seem reasonable that 1 of the adults could be wounded so badly that it was obvious in the house and then not one single person here crying, sobbing or screaming from a child.

I wondered too, when I first heard about LE searching DG's property, I got the impression they were searching for someone or someone's fleeing on foot for some reason. Asking neighbor's around to be on the lookout for anything suspicious on their property made me think someone was running around/trying to hide on foot as opposed to in a vehicle. Maybe a DG accomplice fleeing on foot with NO (trying to grasp at anything for hope that NO is out there if the grandparents were targets).

Here's the link where LE describe this is a missing persons, not abduction: "Calgary police have not designated this an abduction, careful to describe it only as a missing persons investigation."
http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/calga...ons-and-what-we-can-learn-from-them-1.2703597

It's probably all PR and legality jargon though and they are choosing their words carefully, or could be the journalist's words but it still leaves me with a bit of hope though...

JMO here. I have two theories ATM

Theory 1:

I do think MONEY is the root of all evil. I have a feeling that AL somehow was helping DG obtain chemicals needed or had something to do with meth production, whether he knew that is what it was for or not, I don't know. Maybe there is a black market for chemicals used on farms? AL did grow up on a farm too....I digress.

Perhaps DG was helping someone else manufacture it or he himself was doing it somewhere other than his home in Airdrie.

AL is planning on leaving the country that means that DG and his associates would lose a valuable supplier and it would put a kink in all of their operations and they would lose MONEY. Losing money sure does piss people off.

This could have been a whole ring of guys, and when MONEY and drugs are involved there are often many investors and people who benefit from the deals that are made.

Why would someone disappear, or get kidnapped, or murdered? In this world I think 90% of the time it has to do with money. The rest of the 10% I think has to do with rage, revenge, mental illness, or broken hearts.

There is no mention of credit cards being used or cell phones, usually this is mentioned in missing persons cases. I find that kind of telling in a way, like maybe they are being used and no one has said anything because they don't want the perps or suspects to know that LE is watching this activity (although most people this day and age should know that they would look...)

Theory 2:

Someone who had beef with AL came to the Liknes house in the evening and there was a physical altercation between he and AL. The blood that they found was not AL, KL, or NO's blood but it was this other fourth person, not related to the family.

Perhaps this person was killed or gravely injured in the home, and AL freaked out, imagined a lifetime in a prison cell, and decided to grab NO and KL and high tail it out of there.

AL took mystery person and KL and NO in mystery person's car and left. Which would explain why both cars are still at the home.

Maybe AL called DG and asked him to help clean up the scene, or maybe he left the body at the house and only took KL and NO with him and asked DG To transport the body somewhere.

AL knows DG is a criminal and a thief and he probably paid him a nice hunk of money in exchange for help.

Sorry to confuse! I haven't a clue. Just thinking out loud as if instead of like you say wash and wax, IF you had expertise and access to chemicals could/would/are there ones that you would use to do a thorough job of keeping a vehicle in such good condition and maybe clean certain stains off.

I think some bleach and soap and a power washer could clean a ton of stains off of a car. I think many crimes are and can be properly hidden by a thorough cleaning. It just depends on the mental state and intelligence of the criminal.

JMO here. I have two theories ATM

Theory 1:

I do think MONEY is the root of all evil. I have a feeling that AL somehow was helping DG obtain chemicals needed or had something to do with meth production, whether he knew that is what it was for or not, I don't know. Maybe there is a black market for chemicals used on farms? AL did grow up on a farm too....I digress.

Perhaps DG was helping someone else manufacture it or he himself was doing it somewhere other than his home in Airdrie.

AL is planning on leaving the country that means that DG and his associates would lose a valuable supplier and it would put a kink in all of their operations and they would lose MONEY. Losing money sure does piss people off.

This could have been a whole ring of guys, and when MONEY and drugs are involved there are often many investors and people who benefit from the deals that are made.

Why would someone disappear, or get kidnapped, or murdered? In this world I think 90% of the time it has to do with money. The rest of the 10% I think has to do with rage, revenge, mental illness, or broken hearts.

There is no mention of credit cards being used or cell phones, usually this is mentioned in missing persons cases. I find that kind of telling in a way, like maybe they are being used and no one has said anything because they don't want the perps or suspects to know that LE is watching this activity (although most people this day and age should know that they would look...)

Theory 2:

Someone who had beef with AL came to the Liknes house in the evening and there was a physical altercation between he and AL. The blood that they found was not AL, KL, or NO's blood but it was this other fourth person, not related to the family.

Perhaps this person was killed or gravely injured in the home, and AL freaked out, imagined a lifetime in a prison cell, and decided to grab NO and KL and high tail it out of there.

AL took mystery person and KL and NO in mystery person's car and left. Which would explain why both cars are still at the home.

Maybe AL called DG and asked him to help clean up the scene, or maybe he left the body at the house and only took KL and NO with him and asked DG To transport the body somewhere.

AL knows DG is a criminal and a thief and he probably paid him a nice hunk of money in exchange for help.

re: Theory 2.. we'd have a 4th missing person, is there one?

Everything stated here is MOO & only citing a reference page!

I was curious about the difference between 'abduction' and 'missing person' ....I don't know how LE classifies it...to me...abduction would mean taken by someone....missing could be very general as in...they simply...walked away...obviously in this case at least one *from evidence at the scene* did not just 'walk away willingly'. So with that thought in my head I went to google...

I found this interesting site....it's actually confused me more*L*... but it's an interesting read about reasons...classifications *at least how this particular site classifies anyways*...If nothing else it's an interesting read and not in any way directly pertaining to this case but it's thought provoking....

http://missingpersonsnetwork.org/missing-person/

Hi guys! Wow - Lots of new members commenting, which is great. WS is growing in leaps and bounds!!

I am trying hard to keep up, but haven't seen this asked. If DG is as intelligent as has been stated, would he really be that naïve to circle the block around the house and not know he would be seen on camera, and therefore suspect? I can't seem to wrap my brain around that. Even if he didn't know specifically about each camera, I am sure he is aware enough to know there are cameras everywhere these days, and certainly with his background, etc., that he would be on the top of the suspect list. What do you guys think about this? Thanks to all for all the great work and comments, as usual. Katt

I'd be interested to hear all your opinions - IF DG had led a perfectly legal life and been an upstanding member of his community, would he still be everyone's number 1 suspect? If he was a saint who the only thing he'd done was to be seen driving around the place... would you all still be as certain he was at the very least heavily involved? Is it just his past that makes you think he's to blame?

Hi guys! Wow - Lots of new members commenting, which is great. WS is growing in leaps and bounds!!

I am trying hard to keep up, but haven't seen this asked. If DG is as intelligent as has been stated, would he really be that naïve to circle the block around the house and not know he would be seen on camera, and therefore suspect? I can't seem to wrap my brain around that. Even if he didn't know specifically about each camera, I am sure he is aware enough to know there are cameras everywhere these days, and certainly with his background, etc., that he would be on the top of the suspect list. What do you guys think about this? Thanks to all for all the great work and comments, as usual. Katt

I also wonder if he did this because he needed to make a few trips in order to dispose of bodies and not be seen. The flatbed of his truck is open so maybe he knew they would see if 3 people were back there (sorry I hate to type this). So he loaded one by one into the passenger side and went somewhere else, then returned and repeat 2 times.

:(

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member