UT - Ethan Stacy, 4, Layton, 10 May 2010 - #6

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ethan's uncle: 'Why did it have to come to this?'

Crime » Mother who is in jail on suspicion of murder finds half-brother on MySpace in 2007, starts sharing life.

http://www.sltrib.com/news/ci_15121178?source=pkg

Interesting snips:
Sloop apparently met her former husband Stacy while the two were in the U.S. Army, Croft said. She was no longer enlisted in 2007.

Croft said he wasn't clear how the couple supported themselves, though at one point Sloop told him she'd lost her job when a Blockbuster store closed.
The last time Sloop contacted her brother was on May 5. She texted him that she and Nathan Sloop were going to a courthouse the next day to get married so that they could apply for food stamps, Medicaid and other public assistance, he said. Their "real" wedding in Colorado was still on, she told him.

:furious: :furious: :furious:

And I bet they were going to use poor Ethan to get all that too.

:furious: :furious: :furious:

And I bet they were going to use poor Ethan to get all that too.

I agree! But,:waitasec: NS was employed right? SS would have gotten benefits for Ethan as a single mother. Once married she would have to claim her husbands income before appying for state assistance wouldn't she? And being that she did not have custody would she even qualify? :banghead: geez! It's late and I can't think straight... The more I think the less sense her applying for assistance makes!

I bet NS infromed her he would not be using his income to support her child...moo

Well now neither of them will need to worry about how to get foodstamps, health care, or paying for rent. All of those needs will be provided by the citizens of Utah! We'll even pay for their lawyers.

I'm going to have to do some digging and find out what kind of reputation the Davis Cnty Jail has as far as their meals go, I hope they're really bad!

VB

Well now neither of them will need to worry about how to get foodstamps, health care, or paying for rent. All of those needs will be provided by the citizens of Utah! We'll even pay for their lawyers.

I'm going to have to do some digging and find out what kind of reputation the Davis Cnty Jail has as far as their meals go, I hope they're really bad!

VB
BBM
I was just goimg to comment on that!
Probably not for her with diabetes and all...:furious:

Ethan's uncle: 'Why did it have to come to this?'

Crime » Mother who is in jail on suspicion of murder finds half-brother on MySpace in 2007, starts sharing life.

Interesting snips:
Sloop apparently met her former husband Stacy while the two were in the U.S. Army, Croft said. She was no longer enlisted in 2007.

Croft said he wasn't clear how the couple supported themselves, though at one point Sloop told him she'd lost her job when a Blockbuster store closed.
The last time Sloop contacted her brother was on May 5. She texted him that she and Nathan Sloop were going to a courthouse the next day to get married so that they could apply for food stamps, Medicaid and other public assistance, he said. Their "real" wedding in Colorado was still on, she told him.

Wow! That article is so interesting! Steph and Joe met in the army, wonder if she has an honorable discharge.

Moving up the wedding to apply for food stamps/Medicaid etc. Seems they had no money and needed Ethan to get more? So why would they hurt this child to death? This case is exhausting. I'm going to add to the time-line that she called her brother on the 5th. thanks SuziQ

I wonder... did NS go with SS to Florida? I have a sneaky feeling that SS made the decision on her own and came back from Florida with Ethan and surprised NS with the news that Ethan would be living with her/them in Utah... MOO

Where were these two going to get money for a wedding if they were going to apply for foodstamps, TANF, medicaid?

I hate to say this, but these two remind me of poor folks who try to dress like they have cash, but it is so obvious they didn't.

Then to have the audacity to add all those high end items on the bridal registry? I never in my life heard of having a bridal shower for a second marriage for both the bride and groom. Tacky.... very very tacky.

I realize the above is not really related to the case, other than to add to how pathetic these two were. Total trash, total scum.

BBM
I was just goimg to comment on that!
Probably not for her with diabetes and all...:furious:

somehow I think her diabetes and his mpd have something in common. :furious::furious::furious::furious::furious:

just when I think I get a grip on my emotions, I read something else that sends me off

somehow I think her diabetes and his mpd have something in common. :furious::furious::furious::furious::furious:

just when I think I get a grip on my emotions, I read something else that sends me off

OOOOOOOOOOOOOO crud! And she will say that is why she did not seek medical attention because they had no medical insurance on Ethan and they were told by social services that they would not qualify because she did not have custody!!!!!!!!!

I agree! But,:waitasec: NS was employed right? SS would have gotten benefits for Ethan as a single mother. Once married she would have to claim her husbands income before appying for state assistance wouldn't she? And being that she did not have custody would she even qualify? :banghead: geez! It's late and I can't think straight... The more I think the less sense her applying for assistance makes!

I bet NS infromed her he would not be using his income to support her child...moo

She says one thing and claims another. It's all assbackwards. The only explanation I can come up with is her words are lies but her actions tell the truth. I think what she told people about the sudden marriage was BS and an excuse that doesn't make sense because it's a lie.

I keep going back to the neighbor seeing SS and NS in the courtyard on the 6th. Something major happened. Ethan was dying, dead or they made the decision he needed to die. I think they kicked into CYA mode then and ran off to get married thinking they would get spousal protection.

more interesting snips from the above link:

Her postings struck her brother as "too much." She mentioned Nathan Sloop's fight to see his daughter and her own inexplicable loss of twins, a pregnancy, she said, that could have taken her life.
"It was overkill," said Croft.

Thank GOD NS never saw his daughter. His absense in her life most likely saved her life..... sadly NS was allowed near Ethan or his life would have been spared too.

Croft and Sloop have the same father, who Croft described Wednesday as "a rolling stone" who had little involvement in either of their lives.

I had the feeling SS didn't have a father in her life. Just had that impression based on her behavior and her incredibly unhealthy views of a romantic relationship.

Since we now know SS didn't have her biological father in her life, we know it was her mother and step father she requested Joe agree to no contact with Ethan in their divorce agreement. I wonder why? If I have an educated guess it is because her mother and step father called her out on her bizzare behavior and she was having none of it so she cut them out of her and her sons life.

I am glad that Joe and SS's mom were able to reach out to each other in this tragic loss. That tells me what kind of man Joe is - one to put his childs needs and welfare first - a complete 180 of the monsters SS and NS.

JMO

Where were these two going to get money for a wedding if they were going to apply for foodstamps, TANF, medicaid?

I hate to say this, but these two remind me of poor folks who try to dress like they have cash, but it is so obvious they didn't.

Then to have the audacity to add all those high end items on the bridal registry? I never in my life heard of having a bridal shower for a second marriage for both the bride and groom. Tacky.... very very tacky.

I realize the above is not really related to the case, other than to add to how pathetic these two were. Total trash, total scum.

YUP! Medicare/Medicaid/food stamps/and any other social program they can find. I can't make sense of 'crazy' and hopefully LE will tell us the 'why' of all this horror. moo Wonder how they were going to pay for the 2nd wedding - Nate's mom? Wonder if she has money and that's what Steph was after with the pics of Nate? just some thoughts.,..you're so right Cubby - trash!!!!! :eek:

OOOOOOOOOOOOOO crud! And she will say that is why she did not seek medical attention because they had no medical insurance on Ethan and they were told by social services that they would not qualify because she did not have custody!!!!!!!!!

Not so! Ethan would have been carried on his fathers insurance. Part of child support includes the provision of medical insurance. (federal law requires this...) Usually the father must carry the child. If the father does not have insurance provided through his employer the state requires written notification of such in which case the father is court ordered to provide or remiburse the mother for the costs to insure the child.

There is no doubt in my mind SS had a copy of Ethans insurance card. JG would have had to contact his insurance provider to find out where his insurance carrier provided coverage in Utah. That is norm in cases such as this. Just like when one goes on vacation, if they have medical needs they would call their provider to find out where they have coverage.

Also, she HAD custody. Remember the courts ordered shared custody so in the courts eyes they had 50/50 by law, regardless of where Ethan spent the majority of his time. (there were links to media articles indicating they had shared custody).

hth

eta: There are also federal laws in place that an insurance provider can not deny coverage to a non custodial parents child based on where the child has primary residency. This is part of the federal child support laws.

etaa: IF and employer does not provide medical insurance it is not enough for the non custodial parent to say so. The information MUST come in writing from the employer. This is a standard form the state sends out when the state handles collection and disbursement of child support.
FWIW, there is also a new hire registry, which by law, companies MUST enter their new hires within 30 days of hire to this registry. This is done to 'catch' those who wish to evade child support or those who do not follow the orders of the court providing the state with any changes in employment or medical insurance. Believe me, I've dealt with it... though these measures are slow as heck, at least here in IL - who just sent me a letter indicating my sons insurance changed in 2008. doy! I knew that- but had to handle things outside the courts since they are so darn slow!

She says one thing and claims another. It's all assbackwards. The only explanation I can come up with is her words are lies but her actions tell the truth. I think what she told people about the sudden marriage was BS and an excuse that doesn't make sense because it's a lie.

I keep going back to the neighbor seeing SS and NS in the courtyard on the 6th. Something major happened. Ethan was dying, dead or they made the decision he needed to die. I think they kicked into CYA mode then and ran off to get married thinking they would get spousal protection.

BBM-
MOO but I think that is the case.
Caution! some may prefer not to read this!
If you re read SS probable cause statement, about Ethan's "symptoms" it reads more like she is reporting the symptoms umm well... I'm not gonna get graphic but if you placed it on a decomp timeline it fits almost perfectly :(
from May 5 to May 8

Not so! Ethan would have been carried on his fathers insurance. Part of child support includes the provision of medical insurance. (federal law requires this...) Usually the father must carry the child. If the father does not have insurance provided through his employer the state requires written notification of such in which case the father is court ordered to provide or remiburse the mother for the costs to insure the child.

There is no doubt in my mind SS had a copy of Ethans insurance card. JG would have had to contact his insurance provider to find out where his insurance carrier provided coverage in Utah. That is norm in cases such as this. Just like when one goes on vacation, if they have medical needs they would call their provider to find out where they have coverage.

Also, she HAD custody. Remember the courts ordered shared custody so in the courts eyes they had 50/50 by law, regardless of where Ethan spent the majority of his time. (there were links to media articles indicating they had shared custody).

hth

eta: There are also federal laws in place that an insurance provider can not deny coverage to a non custodial parents child based on where the child has primary residency. This is part of the federal child support laws.

BBM I thought his father had been unemployed for some time... so if Ethan had medical ins then he would not qualify for medicaid anyway. So yup BS story on SS part. Not a big surprise!

The more I think about it, the more I think she was lying to her brother too. IMO, they married thinking they'd have some sort of spousal privilege if arrested for abuse and murder.

BBM I thought his father had been unemployed for some time... so if Ethan had medical ins then he would not qualify for medicaid anyway. So yup BS story on SS part. Not a big surprise!

I thought JG was on medical leave, not unemployed. I was under the impression he was getting whatever benefits as a result of being injured on the job. ETA: I thought he was on workmans comp or something like that.....

Imo, everything that comes from SS's mouth is BS. I think the crap that flew from her and NS's lips about their word was just a bunch of baloney to manipulate others into buying their bs.

JMO

I do not want to post a picture of that right now, but I was looking back through and saw the pic of NS 'crying'....For those who want, look at this site. IMO, he looks like he's smiling, but trying to cover it up by crying. There is nothing happening in his forehead area-it is completely smooth. Maybe I've watched Lie to me too much, but that is a sign of lying. moo

http://www.examiner.com/x-40986-Sal...urt-appearance-Friday-no-formal-charges-filed

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
3bell4010066bppts