Who believes that Cindy should be prosecuted for perjury? Or is it just me...?

Yes, she should be persecuted for this. But with stipulations :floorlaugh:

I do not think she should do jail time, at least not alot. I think a more fitting punishment for her, instead of jail time is to do 1. Community service 2. A judge should force her to get some counseling.

The District Attorney of Orange County will be under a great deal of public pressure regarding Cindy Anthony and her lies and her obstruction of justice. He will be pressured by a great many taxpayer in OC who he/she represents and may be forced to publicly state if they will press charges OR not press charges against Cindy Anthony and why or why not.

Don't know if Judge Perry has any discretion in this respect but CA's perjury is a huge issue in the court of public opinion.

Someone said it should be between Cindy and God.

She and George sat in court with a Bible in their laps, swore an oath to tell
the truth and then lied!

I'm surprised that bible didn't catch on fire.

Oh, Thank you so much for saying this, Your thoughts are the same as mine. Cindy has paid a price no Mother or Grandmother should have to pay. She has and still is suffering the loss of her her daughter killed Caylee. Cindys life as she once knew it is no more.How she can even get thur a day is a miracle from God. How can any one say they would not do the same thing, I have said a thousand times in my life that I would not put up with something or I would never do that only to find out that when face with the decision I did what I thought I would never do. I am a Mom. I am a Grandmother,My love for them is behond anything I have ever know in my life.I have no idea what I would do if I was in Cindys shoes. For asnyone that thinks Cindy & George should now be punished by jail time, let me ask you this, what more can be done to these grandparents. How can any of us say they need to be punished more. Enough is enough. It would be nice if we could offer them a soulder to cry on, a soft word of encourgement, a phone call to them just to say they are in our prayers.
IMO: my feelings are what Cindy said and did in Court should be between Cindy & God alone. Not for us to decied or the courts.
I feel she has suffered enough, she needs to be left alone now to some how get thur all this and what is to come.

Sending Prayers to Cindy, George & Lee.

Caylee deserves justice. Cindy, George and Lee and ICA are alive. They weren't dumped in a swamp like trash. They didn't have their bodies torn apart by animals. They didn't have their bones gnawed on. Please. Caylee was a precious, sweet, innocent 2 yr. old who died a horrible death. And, what Cindy did in court is between Cindy and the law here on earth. What she did, to me, is the same as saying, "Caylee wasn't that important."...same as spitting on her grave if she had one. All to protect ICA. The way it's been from the beginning.

First time grandma, here. Something happens to him at the hands of my son, his dad, and I guarantee you I would not lie to protect my son!! I can't even imagine being so cold. Unless, my son was a so mentally ill he didn't know what he did. But, that wouldn't happen. If my precious grandson was in that danger, I would remove him. A selfish act of murder like what Caylee suffered and I would lie to save his killer?? Not a chance.

I get riled up about this every night when NG starts in about taking the needle for her kids, CA should be forgiven for this, etc etc. I just want to call in and say "Oh, I see. You're all for everyone else getting the death penalty, just not your kids. And we're all for justice for every victim unless you sympathize with a lying witness."

And I do get this. I'd want to die for my children, too. But that isn't justice for their victim. Either I'm for justice, or I'm not. Either I'm for criminals paying their price, or I'm only for criminals I'm not related to paying their price. Either I'm for justice, or I'm only for justice if I don't sympathize with a grieving mother. Cindy lied and it's blatant. I do feel incredibly sorry this family is in this pain. I honestly do feel badly for them. But either Caylee deserves justice or she doesn't. I think she does. And I think anyone who tried to subvert that justice, no matter what the jury decides it should be, should face the consquences.

What bothers me is that Cindy is still lying.

After the Friday testimony, Mark Lippman, the Anthony's personal attorney told reporters that Cindy still says she made the searches.

"My client remains steadfast in her statement that she researched chlorophyll and as a byproduct of that research also researched chloroform," Lippman said.

http://crime.about.com/b/2011/07/02/testimony-ends-in-casey-anthony-trial.htm

And this is WHY she should be punished.
They just don't get it!
She was publicly proven to be a liar and she's still defiant.

Up until yesterday I thought that it was the same ole same ole with all the Anthony's. You just had to take what they say and then only believe a portion of it. (if that) But after I saw all the MONEY it cost Florida taxpayers to rebut her testimony, I believe there should be a penalty and at the very least a lien (if that can be done) put on any future earnings she may have for her story to pay back the court costs, attorney fees and expenses of bringing in all those witnesses to rebut her. JMHO

I guess it depends on how airtight the evidence actually is. I definitely think she perjured herself and a prosecution on the charge should be looked into, but I thought the testimony given by the Gentiva people may have provided a little wiggle room. I thought her boss's testimony was more to the way things should work than how they actually did. And the guy detailing the activity on her computer didn't really go into the detail that would probably be needed for a trial focused on a perjury charge. There is also the issue of drive time, about 20 minutes from her house to work. Maybe there is something I'm missing from Cindy's testimony though that really proves she lied, I can't remember exactly what she testified to about being at work that day.

There is also the possibility she would plead guilty for probation or something. I kind of wondered if she would admit it to the state's attorney before the rebuttal witnesses but I guess that's too much to ask from an Anthony.

She WAS a Grandmother also. Case closed. This is about getting CAYLEE justice.

Yes she was a Grandmother. One who will mourn, ask "what if" and feel guilt over not protecting Caylee for the rest of her days. Cindy is ALL ABOUT protecting those she loves. She failed to protect Caylee and now she has failed to protect Casey. I will pray for her to find some peace.

And Caylee WILL get justice. Her murderer is about to be convicted.

If you don't mind Casey getting off completely or only serving time for not reporting an accident then you'll be OK with her lying to cover up the truth because she is a grieving mother. You'd also have to be OK with every grieving mother covering up the truth whenever a person is accused of murdering a child. Ted Bundy's mother was grieving too. The pedophile down the street from you may have a grieving mother.

BBM

And have you noticed every time time she raises her hand and swears and ends it with "So help me God" almost like she is asking God for forgiveness for lying before she even sits down. What a good Christian she is!

Oh yes, everyday its reported either Cindy or George are holding the Bible. She uses the GG excuse and continues to lie and grovel at the feet of the princess ICA. If she put as much effort and diligence in getting help for ICA when she found her lieing, stealing and isnt she the one who kept accusing ICA of being a lousy mother? Caylee might be here right now. I feel that Cindy loved Caylee and dont mean to imply she didnt care but I think she is enjoying playing the GG as Was obvious when she was on the stand.

Why do I keep getting EDIT when I didnt edit. (but wanted to)

YES! Her attitude about lying permeated the whole family. It was how they operated. In their world lying was OK. Just one of the things that have us fascinated by this case. The lying, secrets, betrayals, alliances and other bizarre behaviors were how they lived. Honesty, integrity, living by the 'golden' rule seem to be more the norm.

Speaking of the pervasive lying in that family, it may have started with something as simple as telling little Casey, "Just tell the teacher you didn't do your homework because you got sick last night," even though Casey just plain didn't want to complete it. Practice makes perfect, and 22 years of lying seemed to work for Casey. Think of all the times in our day when we could lie, but don't. I taught my kids that it's better to be honest and take your lumps rather than lie. Miss a homework assignment? Tell the truth. The worst that could happen is a zero for the assignment. It's not the end of the world. What puzzles me is that Casey elevated her lies to being invulnerable to examination. How could she think thoase detectives would not actually check up on her lies, such as place of employment, etc.

Yes she was a Grandmother. One who will mourn, ask "what if" and feel guilt over not protecting Caylee for the rest of her days. Cindy is ALL ABOUT protecting those she loves. She failed to protect Caylee and now she has failed to protect Casey. I will pray for her to find some peace.

And Caylee WILL get justice. Her murderer is about to be convicted.

I completely agree! Plus, I think CA lied to save ICA from the DP. Not to help get her off as though Caylee's death were an accident.

Up until yesterday I thought that it was the same ole same ole with all the Anthony's. You just had to take what they say and then only believe a portion of it. (if that) But after I saw all the MONEY it cost Florida taxpayers to rebut her testimony, I believe there should be a penalty and at the very least a lien (if that can be done) put on any future earnings she may have for her story to pay back the court costs, attorney fees and expenses of bringing in all those witnesses to rebut her. JMHO

I missed that . How much did it cost?

A little OT-- but is Cindy's father still living? My heart goes out to her parents. tia

Well, if KC gets charges for lying to the police, well, Cindy should too. I think all that money they're set to make on movie deals etc., should be paid in fines to the OCSO. As far as the perjury goes, yep, nail her. She's caused as many delays with her obfuscation as KC has. JMO

If the punk kid got the book thrown at him for flipping off the lawyer, would it not be laughable to just ignore Cindy's lies?

Yes I do believe very strongly that Cindy Anthony should be prosecuted to the fullest extent of the law. I was furious yesterday when I saw Mark Lippman spouting off at the fact that his client stands by her testimony of LIES, ALL LIES regarding the computer searches!!! I think I may have been a bit more sympathetic had she been honest about it and said, hey my Caylee is gone and I am terrified for my daughter to get the death penalty. It is absolutely clear to me where ICA learned how to lie, and when confronted with the lie to still stick to it. It is appalling.

IMHO CA needs to be arrested and prosecuted for her perjury.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Thomas Lee
Back