OK - man beaten to death by police while family watches

seattlechiquita

Reaction score
From link below:

"Luis Rodriguez took his family to the movies. After an argument broke out between the mother, Nair, and daughter, Lunahi, Luis did what any caring father would do. He tried to calm the situation between his loved ones. He was beaten to death by no less than 5 Oklahoma law enforcers for his actions."

http://www.addictinginfo.org/2014/02/18/oklahoma-police-beat-man-to-death/

Need I say I.Am.Not.Impressed? :banghead:

Is there more to this story?

RIP Mr. Rodriguez.
Healing & comfort to your fam & friends and all involved.

Is there more to this story?

RIP Mr. Rodriguez.
Healing & comfort to your fam & friends and all involved.
Yeah, there's a lot more actually but you need to click the link seattlechiquita provided.

What a horrific story.

TCO,
Yes, I read link.
While I understand it's possible Mr R did nothing to provoke,
I can also imagine other possible behavior - like assaulting LE.
Not saying provocation would justify LE beating him at all or to death.
Not saying Mr R did provoke, only that perhaps we would learn more from LE reports,
or other MSM sources.

Regardless of circumstances, a sad, sad death.

TCO,
Yes, I read link.
While I understand it's possible Mr R did nothing to provoke,
I can also imagine other possible behavior - like assaulting LE.
Not saying provocation would justify LE beating him at all or to death.
Not saying Mr R did provoke, only that perhaps we would learn more from LE reports,
or other MSM sources.

Regardless of circumstances, a sad, sad death.

Its Oklahoma , I would like to say I have seen examples of staller LE work and a honest interest in justice . It however seems every cold case I can think of from OK has some shadows or questions of LE involvement. For example; Laura bible /Ashley freeman to current Colt and Molly Even in Sharon Marshalls case .
I know not all are the same.

From link below:

"Luis Rodriguez took his family to the movies. After an argument broke out between the mother, Nair, and daughter, Lunahi, Luis did what any caring father would do. He tried to calm the situation between his loved ones. He was beaten to death by no less than 5 Oklahoma law enforcers for his actions."

http://www.addictinginfo.org/2014/02/18/oklahoma-police-beat-man-to-death/

Need I say I.Am.Not.Impressed? :banghead:

Is this a msm source or a source with a political agenda.

FAMILY: OKLA. MAN BEATEN TO DEATH BY COPS

http://www.cbsnews.com/news/oklahoma-man-beaten-to-death-by-cops-family-says/

Moore police respond to Norman man's death outside Warren Theatre

Luis Rodriguez, of Norman, stopped breathing while police officers tried to detain him after an altercation outside the Warren Theatre in Moore, OK.

read more at ............. http://newsok.com/moore-police-respond-to-norman-mans-death-outside-warren-theatre/article/3934940

OSBI investigating Moore movie theater death

MOORE (AP) — The Oklahoma State Bureau of Investigation says it is taking over the investigation into the death of a man outside an Oklahoma movie theater.

http://newsok.com/osbi-investigating-moore-movie-theater-death/article/3935606

It is some kind of blog, not a news sources.

Phrases like:

Ignoring her pleas to stop, Oklahoma’s badged thugs focused on detaining their suspect. An innocent man. They did so by killing him.

mean they have an axe to grind that has nothing to do with news. It is not an objective source.

They guy who died was probably vigorously resisting arrest, as is usually the case in incidents like this. In situations like that LE have an obligation to intervene and subdue, they can't just walk away because the guy does not want to cooperate. And they don't ask questions until the subdueing is done.

Phrases like:

mean they have an axe to grind that has nothing to do with news. It is not an objective source.

They guy who died was probably vigorously resisting arrest, as is usually the case in incidents like this. In situations like that LE have an obligation to intervene and subdue, they can't just walk away because the guy does not want to cooperate. And they don't ask questions until the subdueing is done.

I wont make assumptions of the man who died ,I will agree with you about the blog .

However it seems they need better ways to subdue as there does need to be someone left to answer those questions ,especially when they are unarmed.
I think we are all aware of the issues of abuse of power and maybe need to teach the policing force of the american public 's right instead of the policing agency's teaching us their rights?

Well, if you talk to people who work as LE on patrol, they have to put up with an unbelievable amount of BS and resistance from people up to no good on a continual and daily basis. A friend of mine used to be married to one of those guys, and according to him they spend the majority of their time baby-sitting belligerent drunks during evening hours. It wears them down and they get sick of it and cynical, because it happens every night. I don't think it is any wonder that they get jaded and eventually adopt a no-nonsense indifferent attitude about situations like that.

I think there is a PC protocol that stresses engagement and compassionate assessment, but the reality is that if you resist when they intervene, you are probably going to get your head cracked. Whenever you encounter a police officer it is best to be polite and compliant, because if you are not, unless they are new guys, they are probably not going to take any guff from you whatsoever.

Phrases like:

This is exactly why police have been given free reign to murder. Even when the murder is on tape.

This is another case of murder by cop and it will only escalate now that the cops have learned that a jury won't convict them no matter what the evidence.

Well, if you talk to people who work as LE on patrol, they have to put up with an unbelievable amount of BS and resistance from people up to no good on a continual and daily basis. A friend of mine used to be married to one of those guys, and according to him they spend the majority of their time baby-sitting belligerent drunks during evening hours. It wears them down and they get sick of it and cynical, because it happens every night. I don't think it is any wonder that they get jaded and eventually adopt a no-nonsense indifferent attitude about situations like that.

Oh, well I didn't realize they got worn down and cynical. It's understandable of course because when you sign on as a cop you expect to be dealing with only the most delightful of people under the absolute most wonderful circumstances, so they must be terribly disillusioned, poor babies.

Considering all that then of course "cracking heads" and murdering people is completely understandable.

Do not personally attack other posters in your post. It is against TOS. If you do not agree with what is posted, say so but do not personalize your message.

I think there is a PC protocol that stresses engagement and compassionate assessment, but the reality is that if you resist when they intervene, you are probably going to get your head cracked. Whenever you encounter a police officer it is best to be polite and compliant, because if you are not, unless they are new guys, they are probably not going to take any guff from you whatsoever.

nurses, especially those in mental health facilities have to deal w abuse, physical and verbal, patients resisting meds or refusing to follow hospital rules. Sometimes they have to babysit ("specialize") agressive patients with serious MH issues, you might disagree but i could say nurses do put with a lot of crap but you don't hear of pts been beated to death, punch to the ground or tied up...at least not in oz. I am sure every person who works w the general public must feel like doing so sometimes but don't.

For me it's hard to believe that this man could have been such a threat that the force of LE 'detaining' him, resulted in his death. He was unarmed, and there were 5 officers. How could they possibly not subdue him, no matter how much he resisted, when they outnumbered him by so many?

Such sad case, I'll be interested in hearing what else comes out about this. My thoughts are with the family and friends of all involved, this is definitely a difficult one.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cabinsleuth
Back