??search Efforts For Maddy??

Status
Not open for further replies.

KOOL LOOK

~~~Sin is the Cause of all Sorrow~~~For this Gal,
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
:waitasec: Has everyone quit searching for Maddy? I don't recall there ever being a large organized search party conducted by any certain group of lookers, does anyone know of any?

What has the parents themselves physically done, or their family to locate and look for Maddy?

This has been puzzling me for two days now. Then I began to realize I haven't seen or heard of searches early on or later on. I know they looked in the first hours for her. Other than that, not anything significant.

I could be wrong, I wasn't keeping up word for word, report by report. I know countries do things differently than other countries. But it's basic 101, your getting back to the basics of abc 1 2 3.

Walk the terrain with grids, volunteers, tracker dogs, door to door, searching through buildings, homes, and I don't see it. Why does it seem this search is over with before it actually even began?

The money in the fund has pretty much sat dormant, with the only activity concerning it is discussion about it's growth, who contributed, naming the overseers, and what's is to be done or not done with it. But actually not alot has been done with it either.

Just seems like all talk, no action. Find madeliene campaign, but nothing done to find her. Just talking heads saying find her.

I'm confused, if it was my daughter I still would be walking the terrain, until I felt it had been searched to the best of our abilities. I would have to have proof she was taken out the country, or definately dead, but then I still would want my girls dead body back.

What can still be done in our opinions to help move this case forward, what can we do. Start a petition to give to portugal police demanding more public information so that we can help locate her or find some kind of resovve instead of just a legal criminal resolve convicting the guilty.

We still have a non criminal side to this case, finding maddy. I would almost be willing to let the perps go in order to find her, give proper burial, a resolve to honor her.

A couple of posters have mentioned that the parents were advised to leave the search up to the professionals. I'm going to have to say hogwash, bologna.

If the portugal police did tell them to do this, shame on them. Now, they may very well have meant certain aspects of the search, like dangerous areas of terain, entering personal property etc...

But it doesn't make a bit of sense law enforcement would tell the family to not search.

Even if they did, what person would be so stupid, stupid ain't the word for it. Dumber than a swamp worm, yeah, that' sounds better to let anyone tell them to not search for their own child. I'm sorry, this scenerio and excuse is exactly that, an excuse if it's used to justify not getting out and looking.

If you loose your keys, you look for them. Did I read gerry had lost his wallet at some time? I might be confused about another thread though.

I think Portugal the law restricts the use of private investigators during a police investigation. There is not one good reason why they use that excuse for not having private investigations in their many travels across the globe.

Wouldn't volunteer searchers not be considered private investigators? I could sort of see that. But hey, most of the cases we're aware of private investigators if at all, plays a small part.

The capture, of the criminal, locating the missing has been so successful because of the physical grid searches, it works. That needs to be done. It also forces the contact of possible witnesses or persons having heard vital information and clues.

A couple of posters have mentioned that the parents were advised to leave the search up to the professionals. I'm going to have to say hogwash, bologna.

If the portugal police did tell them to do this, shame on them. Now, they may very well have meant certain aspects of the search, like dangerous areas of terain, entering personal property etc...

But it doesn't make a bit of sense law enforcement would tell the family to not search.

Even if they did, what person would be so stupid, stupid ain't the word for it. Dumber than a swamp worm, yeah, that' sounds better to let anyone tell them to not search for their own child. I'm sorry, this scenerio and excuse is exactly that, an excuse if it's used to justify not getting out and looking.

If you loose your keys, you look for them. Did I read gerry had lost his wallet at some time? I might be confused about another thread though.

People aren't free to do whatever they please if it is illegal or prohibited. It's not unknown for private search efforts to be blocked or impeded by law enforcement, especially in places where it might be seen as impinging on the sovereign rights of a nation -- OR where LE for some reason does not want the missing person to be found.

But the thing is, is that what happened in this case? Did the parents make no effort to search or were the parents not allowed to search? Let's try to find out.

ETA: Or did the parents search on their own after all?

People aren't free to do whatever they please if it is illegal or prohibited. It's not unknown for private search efforts to be blocked or impeded by law enforcement, especially in places where it might be seen as impinging on the sovereign rights of a nation -- OR where LE for some reason does not want the missing person to be found.

But the thing is, is that what happened in this case? Did the parents make no effort to search or were the parents not allowed to search? Let's try to find out.

I'm patiently waiting. I just don't really understand. The fliers were put up. You can see her posters in almost every photo taken in that country somewhere in the background. If she wandered off, children do that, climb in the back of a vehicle, there just hasn't been proper searching to me.

I'm patiently waiting. I just don't really understand. The fliers were put up. You can see her posters in almost every photo taken in that country somewhere in the background. If she wandered off, children do that, climb in the back of a vehicle, there just hasn't been proper searching to me.

I certainly haven't seen any evidence of it either.

I certainly haven't seen any evidence of it either.

Me, either.

Part of me thinks that the McCanns are both doctors and probably used to being waited on somewhat, so they want OTHERS to do the searching FOR them.

Another part of me thinks that they know there's no need to search.

Me, either.

Part of me thinks that the McCanns are both doctors and probably used to being waited on somewhat, so they want OTHERS to do the searching FOR them.

Exactly steadfast and english. It's like a light bulb went off yesterday inside my head and i realized i haven't read or seen actual down right time consuming effort filled searches.

English, I have had that waiting to be waited on and waiting to have others do the searching for them feeling several times which is absolutely goes against the grain, goes against what I consider to be a normal reaction and instinct on the part of a parent in these types of circumstances.

Me, either.

Don't they keep saying they know she's okay?

Now, let's just assume (or pretend, if you will) that they didn't kill her. Could it be that they just can't wrap their heads around the need to search the terrain for her? It would be admitting she could be dead -- especially horrifying since they did allow it to happen. Or maybe they are so prideful that they just don't think murder could happen to THEIR daughter just like they didn't think bad things could happen to toddlers left all alone? Maybe they don't want the attention to end? Any number of reason (admittedly lame) that they might not push hard for physical searches for their daughter besides that they murdered her.

Seems, though, that whenever someone doesn't seem interested in searching for their loved one, they turn out to know, like englishleigh said, that there's no need to search.

That's why it's so important to figure out just what search efforts have been made and who made the efforts.

That's part of the problem - the police in Portugal have still not allowed the records of official searches to be released. I can find articles on that, and this one announcing how early they pulled back (May 11!!):

http://www.express.co.uk/posts/view/6704

I am still looking for the original article. The main reason I remember that article was that it said the McCanns said they felt totally abandoned when the police said, at 4.30 AM, if I recall correctly - "we've been at this for hours with dozens of people. There's not point in continuing until the sun comes up." The McCanns kept searching all alone after that.

Ironically, if the police thought the parents could be suspects at some point -which they should have, if they were doing their jobs - why on earth leave them alone for hours? Whether they were victims or perpetrators, this was a really ignorant move on the part of the police.

Shrinky, the searce for links continues...

I think the issue is Portugal and the restriction laws. I mean, realistically, you cannot just call a crazy search if you do not even know where to start. BUT as a mom I may want to do that (I think any good parent would do that) but I am not sure in this case if there are legal restrictions.

I believe in the power of the Internet and I think the findmadeleine site is very poor and much more could be done to help search Madeleine. As a matter of fact, I recently found out it is run by two teenagers (18) who Aunt Phil knows from some sort of high school. Of course they are being paid to maintain the site and see about the "high" quality bands and "high" quality posters but VERY little information is given about HER, Madeleine. It is more like "donate, donate, donate" and using her pic like she is the face of Gerber products. :(

I think more concentration in the web site with HER DESCRIPTION (I know, a basic thing but is not there) as well as FREE flyers in at least dozens of languages would help the search.

When someone visit the site, they should find INFORMATION, PLENTY of it about her and LOTS of pictures, NOT go to a "Madeleine Web Store" to buy the "latest" wristband.

I think the net should be a great (if not the greatest tool). Too bad they are not using it properly.

I think the issue is Portugal and the restriction laws. I mean, realistically, you cannot just call a crazy search if you do not even know where to start. BUT as a mom I may want to do that (I think any good parent would do that) but I am not sure in this case if there are legal restrictions.

I believe in the power of the Internet and I think the findmadeleine site is very poor and much more could be done to help search Madeleine. As a matter of fact, I recently found out it is run by two teenagers (18) who Aunt Phil knows from some sort of high school. Of course they are being paid to maintain the site and see about the "high" quality bands and "high" quality posters but VERY little information is given about HER, Madeleine. It is more like "donate, donate, donate" and using her pic like she is the face of Gerber products. :(

I think more concentration in the web site with HER DESCRIPTION (I know, a basic thing but is not there) as well as FREE flyers in at least dozens of languages would help the search.

When someone visit the site, they should find INFORMATION, PLENTY of it about her and LOTS of pictures, NOT go to a "Madeleine Web Store" to but the "latest" wristband.

I think the net should be a great (if not the greatest tool). Too bad they are not using it properly.

I just read that article that said that the website was run by two teenagers.I also agree with you ,the site needs to be better in all kinds of languages and lots more info than what they have now..I feel most days as if the hunt for Madeleine is more like what actors do promoting their newest movie.They only give out bits and pieces but you have to go see the movie to get what the movie is really about.

Did that make sense?Think I might have even confused myself on that :doh:

Whew, what a great day this is! :rolleyes: Maybe we can figure out what or why there hasn't been proper searches.

I'm just so happy right now, everyone. :angel: . Does anyone know of a grid search?

I'm so happy!!;)

Did that make sense?Think I might have even confused myself on that :doh:

Oh yes, you did. Unfortunately, her sweet face is being used as a "product" (hence my comparison with Gerber) and I think in that same article, one of the teenagers said something similar.

I really think the internet could be used in so many ways to find her. I think is nice that these teens are running the site but I think (in this case) it should be left to professionals, we are speaking about a missing child here not a web store.

Whew, what a great day this is! :rolleyes: Maybe we can figure out what or why there hasn't been proper searches.

I'm just so happy right now, everyone. :angel: . Does anyone know of a grid search?

I'm so happy!!;)

Me, too, Kooly Baby!!! Woooooooooooooooooooooooohoooooooooooooooooooo!!!
;)

Me, too, Kooly Baby!!! Woooooooooooooooooooooooohoooooooooooooooooooo!!!
;)

I like my new name. I really do.

Ceaura, I don't know if it's too late to do a grid. I wouldn't think so. Because it's just as important to locate body, skeletal remains, etc.. Could still lead to clues as to what happened and the perps.

Many cold cases have been solved, don't forget, from old remains being found. As a matter of fact, one is being discussed in this forum recently where three different skeletal remains has been found behind a shopping center at different times of the years.

I had some just pm who is familiar with searches of this magnitude, and they relayed portugal isn't up on searching like we are here. NOt trained or have the faith in the dogs like we do.

But the parents, Britains are just as up to date if not more so, in investigating as we are. I dont' see the parents just sitting in the apartment doing nothing, but going outside, smiling and grimacing for the camera with cuddle cat, jog, tan, eat, occassional children seen with them.

HEY, HEY, HEY, - they are looking!!!! Every 50 days or so, they release a bunch of balloons. The theory is that Maddie will see one of the balloons and call home.

The parents are expending a great deal of effort in organizing these balloon releases in several different countries. I must admit though, I'm still unsure if any of the balloons contain a cell phone or a calling card.:confused:

Salem

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member