GUILTY Mexico - Monica Beresford-Redman, 42, Cancun, 5 April 2010

I am new at posting here, even though I discovered this site @ the beginning of the Susan Cox Powell tragedy. I've been following a few of the threads on a daily basis. I really appreciate the insight of the moderators, as well as numerous other posters. I just need to express that I am appalled at the amount of women that are missing and/or murdered!
Reading about Monica Burgos Beresford Redman's "poi" husband "missing" prompted me to begin commenting. I'm confused, I thought he was being watched by U.S. Embassy officials? I thought they were staying together in an undisclosed location. What happened?
Welcome! :) I also believed he was being watched.

"Investigators asked the U.S. consulate in Merida, another city on the Yucatan peninsula, to "present" Beresford-Redman but were told he was not in the custody of the diplomatic mission, Garcia said."

http://www.google.com/hostednews/ap/article/ALeqM5gQnCfC9l9zwgvT2Eax6MNG0RFFrwD9FS4B400

Her sisters apparently live in the US and wanted custody. Before they could even get going he had the kids sent to his WEALTHY family. There is a huge rich vs. poor thing going on, they don't even have the money to bring her body back to the US (at least they didn't allow the cremation that Bruce and his family wanted).

I'm sure they would love and take care of those two kids just like their Mom. I just don't think the killer's family should raise children unless it is the absolute last resort.

As for the "permanent" custody, good question. Apparently that is a slip up on their part. :furious: They must know the truth.

If he did or didn't kill his wife, it is irrelevant as far as the kids are concerned, he is still their father.

Children are not property who's lives can be traded to reward or punish their parents.

If neither parent is available to raise them, then custody should go to their direct blood relatives, which would be the grandparents, not the wife's sisters. You might argue which grandparent should do that, but the sisters should only be in the picture if neither set of grandparents is willing and/or able to do that.

If he did or didn't kill his wife, it is irrelevant as far as the kids are concerned, he is still their father.

Children are not property who's lives can be traded to reward or punish their parents.

If neither parent is available to raise them, then custody should go to their direct blood relatives, which would be the grandparents, not the wife's sisters. You might argue which grandparent should do that, but the sisters should only be in the picture if neither set of grandparents is willing and/or able to do that.

I must respectfully disagree that it is irrelevant to the kids whether he killed his wife. Of course, they may still love him, but obviously he would not be a fit parent if he murdered their mother or anyone else and he would not be allowed to have physical custody of them.

Also, parents may give custody to an aunt as much as they might to a grandparent. In some cases, it is preferable due to the fact that the aunt/uncle will be closer in age to the parent and will obviously be around a lot longer (barring health issues/accidents, etc...) I'm not sure if we know if Monica had a will indicating who would care for the kids in the event of her/their death(s) but I think it is actually commonplace to name a sibling of the parent.

Mexican authorities have been looking for former "Survivor" producer Bruce Beresford-Redman for several days with no success.
Beresford-Redman had been ordered to stay in Mexico to answer questions about the death of his wife, Monica, who was found last month in a sewer pipe near the Cancun hotel where the couple had been vacationing.

More at link:
http://latimesblogs.latimes.com/lanow/2010/05/beresford-redman-survivor-mexico-questioning.html

Investigators need to locate him so he can "sign some paperwork and answer a few additional question's." I hope it's a typed out written confession to sign, and to answer the question....."what type of cellmate do you "prefer?"

Investigators need to locate him so he can "sign some papers and answer a few additional question's." I hope it's a typed out written confession to sign and to answer the question....."what type of cellmate do you "prefer?"
If it were here in the US, the few additional questions would be "do you understand your rights as I've read them to you?". Actually though, that probably would've been right after her body was found. MOO

If it were here in the US, the few additional questions would be "do you understand your rights as I've read them to you?". Actually though, that probably would've been right after her body was found. MOO

I'm so new at this, I'm wondering where I would begin to look, to find out how the justice system works in Mexico? Exactly what rights a U.S. citizen would have (or not have)....etc?

It sounds as though he bought his way out of it. Mexico is the land of "mordida" which is the impediment to its going forward.

What a joke the Mexican justice system is.

May he never set foot in a free country again!

It sounds as though he bought his way out of it. Mexico is the land of "mordida" which is the impediment to its going forward.

What a joke the Mexican justice system is.

May he never set foot in a free country again!

Actually I do not understand why because of this that some believe the Mexican justice system is a joke. I know they have been waiting on forensic tests, etc. It is possible they just received them and were getting ready to arrest him - please note that this is just speculation on my part.

None of us know yet what the deal is that all of a sudden the US consulate has no idea where Bruce it at. As far as I have read on this case, he was released to the US consulates while they await for forensics to be completed. Yes Mexico officials confiscated his passport and told him he is not to leave the country. I do not think this is much different of what we see in the US regarding cases where someone is suspected but they are waiting results to come in, etc. to make their move to make an arrest.

Now does not seem to be the time to point fingers at Mexico or the US. But my thought is if he is innocent why did he pull this? Hmm, GUILTY is written all over that one!!

I'm so new at this, I'm wondering where I would begin to look, to find out how the justice system works in Mexico? Exactly what rights a U.S. citizen would have (or not have)....etc?

It would be something similar to the Natalie Holloway or Amanda Knox cases.

'Survivor' Producer Back in U.S.
Originally posted 19 minutes ago by TMZ Staff
TMZ has learned Bruce Beresford-Redman -- the former "Survivor" producer who was not allowed to leave Mexico during the investigation into his wife's murder -- has returned to Los Angeles.

Richard Hirsch, Beresford-Redman's lawyer, tells TMZ that Mexican officials allowed his client to leave the country. As Hirsch puts it, "He has been informed that he has no legal obligation to remain in Mexico pending an investigation into the tragic death of his wife, Monica."

More at link

http://www.tmz.com/2010/05/23/bruce-beresford-redman-los-angeles-survivor-murder/

C L E A R L Y HOUSTON, we have a problem!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

:furious:

'Survivor' Producer Back in U.S.
Originally posted 19 minutes ago by TMZ Staff
TMZ has learned Bruce Beresford-Redman -- the former "Survivor" producer who was not allowed to leave Mexico during the investigation into his wife's murder -- has returned to Los Angeles.

Richard Hirsch, Beresford-Redman's lawyer, tells TMZ that Mexican officials allowed his client to leave the country. As Hirsch puts it, "He has been informed that he has no legal obligation to remain in Mexico pending an investigation into the tragic death of his wife, Monica."

More at link

http://www.tmz.com/2010/05/23/bruce-beresford-redman-los-angeles-survivor-murder/
I am totally confused! Didn't Mexican LE confiscate his passport? And who informed him he has "no legal obligation to remain in Mexico" since Mexican LE is currently looking for him for further questioning? :confused: MOO

omg he's gonna get away with it isn't he?

ack

Another article with basically the same information ~

Former 'Survivor' producer leaves Mexico

Los Angeles, California (CNN) -- Reality TV producer Bruce Beresford-Redman has returned to the United States despite a request by Mexican authorities that he remain in Mexico while they probe the death of his wife, his lawyer said.
"Bruce Beresford-Redman has returned to Los Angeles County to be with his children and to attend to family and personal matters," attorney Richard Hirsch told CNN Sunday.
Beresford-Redman was briefly detained after Monica Beresford-Redman's body was found in a sewer near their Cancun, Mexico hotel on April 8. He was released a day later but ordered to remain in Mexico while police gathered more evidence.
"He has been informed that he has no legal obligation to remain in Mexico pending the investigation into the tragic death of his wife, Monica," Hirsch said.
The Mexican prosecutor handling the case said on Saturday that he has been unable to locate the husband in the past week to "sign some paperwork and answer a few additional questions," the Los Angeles Times reported.
Quintana Roo Attorney General Francisco Alor said it "would be very delicate and serious for Mr. Bruce" to leave Mexico, the newspaper reported.
"Mr. Beresford-Redman has not been charged with any crime," his lawyer said. "He is devastated by the loss of his wife, best friend and the mother of his children."
Mexican authorities have described the producer as "a person of interest" in the killing.

more at http://www.cnn.com/2010/CRIME/05/23/survivor.producer/?hpt=T1

I am totally confused! Didn't Mexican LE confiscate his passport? And who informed him he has "no legal obligation to remain in Mexico" since Mexican LE is currently looking for him for further questioning? :confused: MOO

It is obvious to me that the game is being played - he said, she said, they said.

My guess is that his attorney is lying about that the mexican authorities let him go.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shmoozie
Back