2011.05.16 Sidebar Thread (Juror Selection Day Seven)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'd like to take a moment to say thank you to all my WS friends. I have been glued to jury selection this week (much to the dismay of family) and have so enjoyed the sense of family on the daily hearing threads.

I have had the pleasure of meeting another WS member in person, and have had an opportunity to talk to several others directly. I hope that at some point I am able to meet more of you.

Never in a million years would I have imagined that following this case would afford an opportunity to "meet" so many from so many corners of this earth.

I wince as I hear the DT use the term bloggers (because that is an incorrect categorization at best) because I have seen bloggers :innocent: ....nope not us.

I have seen other forums...:slapfight: and their grade school drama and x-rated insults.

I have seen attention hounds, 15 minutes of fame seekers, and other general :loser: types.

I remember about a year ago......some folks left.....and some just wouldn't leave :waitasec: but what we have today is nothing short of a family.

There are some folks that I'd love to see pop by again.....but all in all....I feel like I am sitting in my living room having a grand old time.

This case drew me in because I am a parent and was on my way through Orlando on my way to vacation when the story broke....

Early on the sleuthing kept me interested...later with discovery I enjoyed cross referencing stories and reports....now I enjoy seeing the legal process in action.

Justice for Caylee??? YES, I can't wait to see it.

In the meantime.....being with friends is a good substitute.

THank you for being such a varied, crazy, organized, intelligent, polite, energizing, and fun group.

CM may not be having fun yet...but I sure am.

SOTS

17 total..plus whatever they accept during morning voir dire....then they get into striking after lunch....I only know their are a few defense dosent want and a few the state doesnt want....so we will see tomorrow...:innocent:
Thanks...what I should have said was...how many were interviewed today? Is 3 to 4 potential jurors realistic for tomorrow...and all the backstriking? Trying to figure out if trial will really be starting on Thurs.

Thank U so much. I thought it would be cool to put my headphones on and lie down in bed -- NOT. I think I was snoring within 3 seconds. Hubby better show up with that cable that hooks the pooter to the TV cuz I can't sit in a chair all day - LOL.

Anyway, I pray we get the 8 alternates, because I really think we're gonna need em.

Who wants to guess JB uses all his strikes tomorrow just as a stall tactic?

MOO

Mel

I have been dreaming of getting a Tempurpedic Ergo bed (moves like a hospital bed) to watch the trial.Problem is ,I don't think I'd ever get up!

I am so wiped out watching this jury selection that I have to give Kudos to all the attorneys and Judges who do this every day!
It's intense!

I'd like to take a moment to say thank you to all my WS friends. I have been glued to jury selection this week (much to the dismay of family) and have so enjoyed the sense of family on the daily hearing threads.

I have had the pleasure of meeting another WS member in person, and have had an opportunity to talk to several others directly. I hope that at some point I am able to meet more of you.

Never in a million years would I have imagined that following this case would afford an opportunity to "meet" so many from so many corners of this earth.

I wince as I hear the DT use the term bloggers (because that is an incorrect categorization at best) because I have seen bloggers :innocent: ....nope not us.

I have seen other forums...:slapfight: and their grade school drama and x-rated insults.

I have seen attention hounds, 15 minutes of fame seekers, and other general :loser: types.

I remember about a year ago......some folks left.....and some just wouldn't leave :waitasec: but what we have today is nothing short of a family.

There are some folks that I'd love to see pop by again.....but all in all....I feel like I am sitting in my living room having a grand old time.

This case drew me in because I am a parent and was on my way through Orlando on my way to vacation when the story broke....

Early on the sleuthing kept me interested...later with discovery I enjoyed cross referencing stories and reports....now I enjoy seeing the legal process in action.

THank you for being such a varied, crazy, organized, intelligent, polite, energizing, and fun group.

SOTS
Oh, SOTS...that's so sweet!!!!!!!!!!
Thank you!

The state already tried using their preemptive strike against her, and it was denied by the judge because the defense claimed it was because of 'race' that they wanted to strike.
So at this time the state CANNOT strike her off the panel. The defense could I suppose, but they won't. So she is in. [ UNLESS new 'evidence' comes in like she was tweeting or something since then.]

Ohhhhh - gotcha. So they can't strike twice. Makes sense. Boy I'm learning a lot about this jury selection prcoess.

Hugs,

Mel

I enjoy seeing your posts everyday SOTS. You cracked me up with your pictures. Thank you and everyone else who post everyday as to what is going on. Sometimes this case losing me and with your posts and others help me back on track.

Except when I get lost on that magic carpet ride. LOL. Thanks everyone.

SOTS

Back at you!!!:rocker::rocker:

Cops. My guess is they start with the cops. Mellich is gonna be great. It'll be the cop that responded to Cindy's call--perhaps.
I think when YM walks in to court the gallery should give him a standing ovation. Heck...they should applaud every single last member of LE that was involved in this case.

Yes, I saw it. It was this afternoon, I just don't remember when exactly. I remember, because it's the first time I've seen her talk to him lately, and not throw a fit!

right after the court recessed for the day. ICA swanned by but JB didn't even look at her - too busy sparring with LDB. Oops I just realized you were probably talking about ICA....

I enjoy seeing your posts everyday SOTS. You cracked me up with your pictures. Thank you and everyone else who post everyday as to what is going on. Sometimes this case losing me and with your posts and others help me back on track.

Except when I get lost on that magic carpet ride. LOL. Thanks everyone.

I don't get lost on the magic carpet ride but I sure get knocked over by the door hitting my azz often enough. Note to self...buy knee pads and helmet.

So all these folks who received jury duty notices- what 2 weeks ago- still have to make themselves available? That's insane.

Nothing in this case has been normal. Nothing.

We are charting new territory and so is the Court.

Thank U so much. I thought it would be cool to put my headphones on and lie down in bed -- NOT. I think I was snoring within 3 seconds. Hubby better show up with that cable that hooks the pooter to the TV cuz I can't sit in a chair all day - LOL.

Anyway, I pray we get the 8 alternates, because I really think we're gonna need em.

Who wants to guess JB uses all his strikes tomorrow just as a stall tactic?

MOO

Mel
bbm

:doh: Why didnt I think of that??? LOL
off to the store I...err the hubby goes :giggle::takeoff:

Dear sleutherontheside,

Just wanted to say thank you for such a heart-warming post. Yes, we can get testy at times, but we always come together for the good. I, too, consider you all family! And I know that together we can all get through this case without having ending up in a padded cell or rehab :)

Luv n' hugs,

Mel

Just before opening arguements start let us all gather together in a moment of silence or prayer (whatever you choose), figuratively join hands, and think of little Caylee and the quest for justice. Light a candle if that works for you. Whatever you choose, let us do it together as Caylee's extended family.

We are here for her and we are here to watch justice be served for the monster that took her life without regret.

Cops. My guess is they start with the cops. Mellich is gonna be great. It'll be the cop that responded to Cindy's call--perhaps.

Cindy and then the cops....That is of course after the aaahaaa opening jb will give and since that will answer it all....might as well cancel the trial....:maddening:

Sorry guys, I'm trying to catch up, but can anyone tell me real quick how many strikes each side has left?

:rollercoaster:

The next 2 months will be very hard to go through.
justice for Caylee!
I am praying that everyone who let Caylee down,
will pay their dues for her murder and cover up.

I really hope the 'summer flu' doesn't get to the Judge
and people trying to get justice done.
Prayers for all Caylee supporters, LE, witnesses and jurors.

:grouphug:

She may have a problem that gets her excused later. Just sayin' -- she's my bet for an alternate replacement if we are playing that. ;)

For those that were here for the Peterson trial - do you remember how many jurors were out, then alternates in. Dang near a 3 ring circus. At the end we had "Strawberry Shortcake" who ended up cooresponding with SP for a long while. The drama was high as a kite!

MOO

Mel

she is currently in the 8th seat.....
I could be wrong of course, but... I think the way it works is, the order as it is now, stays the same. In other words, #1319 The older African American woman is currently in the 8th seat, will stay in the 8th seat, whether people in seats #1 through #7 are removed and replaced or not. Otherwise, it would be impossible to keep track. Thats how I think its done.

For example, Juror #1129 the single guy is currently in seat #2. If he was the first to be stricken from the jury, with them having bypassed Juror #1340 who occupies seat #1, then, Juror #1025 the chef, who is currently in seat #13, would move into seat #2.

That is how I think it is done. But, we will all find out tomorrow morning. Not too many hours to wait.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wdavewong