GUILTY NY - Denice Fox, 57, found dismembered, Glen Cove, 17 Aug 2006

Beyond Belief

Reaction score
MINEOLA, N.Y. (AP) -- A man was arrested in the killing of a retired schoolteacher whose dismembered body was found in his Long Island home and whose severed head was discovered in the trunk of his car, police said.

Evan Marshall, 30, of Glen Cove, was expected to be arraigned Saturday on a charge of second-degree murder in the death of his neighbor Denice Fox, said Nassau County police Detective Lt. Dennis Farrell.

Fox, 57, was slain Thursday in her home in a gated community in Glen Cove, located about 20 miles east of New York City, Farrell said. Two "rather large" carving knives were recovered, he said. He declined to discuss any possible motive.

Police received a call around 4:30 p.m. Thursday from Fox's daughter, alerting them that her mother was missing. The daughter described "a great deal of blood" on the vestibule floor and told officers a back window of the home had been broken out.
http://hosted.ap.org/dynamic/stories/N/NEIGHBOR_SLAIN?SITE=FLTAM&SECTION=US

I guess I am just plain clueless but why "second degree murder"? Why not "first degree"? The guy killed her, dismembered her and drove around with her head in his car. What a sick individual!

I guess it doesn't offer any protection to live in a gated community with neighbors like this.

This is disgusting.That poor woman.

The man is wearing a Tyvex suit.
article
August 20, 2006 -- A Long Islander suspected of dismembering and decapitating a neighbor in a "psycho-sexual" frenzy kept a sick collection of mutilated mannequins and sadomasochistic paraphernalia in his blood-soaked basement, authorities and neighbors said yesterday.

Cops said Evan Marshall, 31, broke into a Glen Cove home through a sliding-glass door Friday and used a pair of carving knives to kill Denice Fox, 57.

dark_shadows said:
This is disgusting.That poor woman.

The man is wearing a Tyvex suit.
article
August 20, 2006 -- A Long Islander suspected of dismembering and decapitating a neighbor in a "psycho-sexual" frenzy kept a sick collection of mutilated mannequins and sadomasochistic paraphernalia in his blood-soaked basement, authorities and neighbors said yesterday.

Cops said Evan Marshall, 31, broke into a Glen Cove home through a sliding-glass door Friday and used a pair of carving knives to kill Denice Fox, 57.
Wow. I wonder how many other victims there have been.

southcitymom said:
Wow. I wonder how many other victims there have been.
Hello Southcitymom,
Who knows for sure.It would be unlikely that it was his first time.

dark_shadows said:
Hello Southcitymom,
Who knows for sure.It would be unlikely that it was his first time.
Exactly. Most freaks like this don't get caught their first time. He's 31, so he's had some time to make some real mischief. I will keep an eye on this to see what else they discover. Thanks for the post.

My prayers to this woman and her family. Sexual sadist psychopaths are one of the rarest types of sex offenders. How terrible that her fate was to become the victim of one.

Yuck! The guy looks like a slack-jawed raving lunatic out of a chainsaw massacre movie. Why only second degree murder?

For the most part I am all for 'due process', but.....when they find the head of a murder victim in your car trunk and they find your blood soaked basement and they have concrete evidence that it was you....why do we have to waste the taxpayers money?

curious1 said:
For the most part I am all for 'due process', but.....when they find the head of a murder victim in your car trunk and they find your blood soaked basement and they have concrete evidence that it was you....why do we have to waste the taxpayers money?
My feelings exactly.

Just take him directly to the electric chair today and get rid of the monster.

southcitymom said:
Exactly. Most freaks like this don't get caught their first time. He's 31, so he's had some time to make some real mischief. I will keep an eye on this to see what else they discover. Thanks for the post.

My prayers to this woman and her family. Sexual sadist psychopaths are one of the rarest types of sex offenders. How terrible that her fate was to become the victim of one.
Is it possible that they are seemingly rare because of the level of planning that normally goes into their attacks? Meaning that their crimes are considered one offs instead of serials?

southcitymom said:

Hi Southcitymom,:)
Thanks for the post.Please keep us posted on this if you can.
Respectfully,
dark_shadows

KJERVIS said:
Is it possible that they are seemingly rare because of the level of planning that normally goes into their attacks? Meaning that their crimes are considered one offs instead of serials?
Hello KJERVIS,:)
Very good question,thanks for your post.
Respectfully,
dark_shadows

WhiteWolf said:
Yuck! The guy looks like a slack-jawed raving lunatic out of a chainsaw massacre movie. Why only second degree murder?
He is one scary looking man. I am glad I didn't see is face last night or he would have been my nightmare for sure.

2 MORE SLAYINGS EYED

http://nypost.com/2006/08/23/l-i-serial-chopper-2-more-slayings-eyed/

August 23, 2006 -- A sicko who cops say chopped up a Glen Cove mom - then drove around with her head in his car trunk - is being eyed as a serial killer who may have committed two other grisly decapitation murders on Long Island and similar slayings in three other states, police said yesterday.
Nassau County detectives are trying to tie Evan Marshall - who allegedly committed the gruesome slaying the day he left an upstate treatment program - to the killing of two women whose nude, headless and handless bodies were dumped in woods in Manorville, L.I.

cathieq said:
I guess I am just plain clueless but why "second degree murder"? Why not "first degree"? The guy killed her, dismembered her and drove around with her head in his car. What a sick individual!
New York only has 1st degree if a cop is murdered. Everyone else gets charged with 2nd degree. He'll never get out of jail, but his sentence if convicted I believe will be 25 to life. This happened not too far from me. Really creepy.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MaryEllen77
Back