WA - Mackenzie Cowell, 17, Wenatchee, 9 Feb 2010 - #7

Status
Not open for further replies.
I had asked this before, but it probably got lost in the shuffle.... does anyone know about the extended family of MC dad? I am thinking along the lines of the "family business in Chelan" and possibly some kind of inheritance? Maybe she was a "daddy's girl" and was getting special treatment because of that? What does everyone else have to say about this.............

That's an interesting angle. We'll have to do some digging!

Yes, there is a boat launch out there and a very nice beach, all public access. You go all the way out the Malaga/Alcoa highway to the very end before the road turns to dirt and it's down a hill. I'm not sure how lengthy a motor from there to CB and back would be. I'm thinking a couple hours depending on the boat.

I had actually wondered right after her body was found if that area could have been a possible crime scene but that was before we learned she had most likely not been submerged and drifted in the classical sense. It would have made perfect sense to me though, since pitcher canyon is the most private yet closest area to town if one was on their way back on the Malaga/Alcoa highway. KWIM?

But then why would the perps drive all the way to CB and place MC's body at such a public place like CB?

There are dozens of secluded hidden spots between Rock Island Dam and CB which would be far better for disposing of a body.

It just doesn't make sense to launch a boat 5-miles up river and then ditch the body at CB.

Tarpiscan Road? Not possible. It's in the middle of no where. You can't drive on Tarpiscan Road this time of year. You couldn't tow a trailer on it any time of the year. Plus, it would take at least 2 hours to get close to the river from Tarpiscan Road. And, Tarpiscan Road is gated year-around when you get within a mile of the river.

Are you sure you're looking at Tarpiscan Road?

It's at the end of the Malaga/Alcoa highway, almost directly across from Palisades. It's only about a 20 minute drive from the Seller bridge and accessible year round.

But then why would the perps drive all the way to CB and place MC's body at such a public place like CB?

There are dozens of secluded hidden spots between Rock Island Dam and CB which would be far better for disposing of a body.

It just doesn't make sense to launch a boat 5-miles up river and then ditch the body at CB.

I agree, this was a scenario I thought of when she was first found, before we knew she was "placed" at CB.

Hmmm... I remember someone saying that MC's boyfriend was sitting next to RC's fiancee at the memorial and she had her arm around him comforting him. This seems to back up del rio's theory here because I'm sure her boyfriend would naturally be closer to the person MC was closer to.

I would think that WC would be more likely to kill RC's fiancee if this were the case though.

del rio, do you think some sort of "deal gone wrong" could be the motive- whether its relating trafficking drugs, or maybe one of those stories where the construction company screws the client out of money?

It's possible, but I SUSPECT the murder was committed as the result of a fit of passion.

I don't think drug trafficking or losing money would cause the necessary passion that is consistent with this murder. Plus, drug dealers don't go to such great lengths to hide their victims' bodies; in fact, drug dealers would probably prefer that news of the murder becomes well known in order to send a message to others that they had better "behave" or else.

A WS was down at the boat launch today (or was it yesterday) and noticed LE hanging out. The WS specifically asked police if they KNEW it was MC who used her phone to send out that last text message. The officers said, Yes, they KNOW she was there, her car was there and her phone was there at that time.

They have more information then they are telling, (likely video - and lots of it).

I'm recalling this from memory, so don't quote me.

that was me. that is what the LE told me. I really wanted to know.!

It's at the end of the Malaga/Alcoa highway, almost directly across from Palisades. It's only about a 20 minute drive from the Seller bridge and accessible year round.

So, it's not Tarpiscan Road.

Hmmm... I remember someone saying that MC's boyfriend was sitting next to RC's fiancee at the memorial and she had her arm around him comforting him. This seems to back up del rio's theory here because I'm sure her boyfriend would naturally be closer to the person MC was closer to.

I would think that WC would be more likely to kill RC's fiancee if this were the case though.

del rio, do you think some sort of "deal gone wrong" could be the motive- whether its relating trafficking drugs, or maybe one of those stories where the construction company screws the client out of money?

Also, there is still a Petition for Modification of Parenting Plan pending in the courts. It was filed in February 2008 but still ongoing.

Maybe the whole thing was done in a manner that would make no sense and cause confusion like a wild goose chase.

I'm in a position that I have several clients with teenage daughters who are Apple-ettes. In looking at photos and such at their homes it seems as if not every member of the team attends every function.

This still seems a little odd to me. It was "Senior Night." From what her friends said, she was really into being a member of this dance group. I wonder if any of her friends/coach confirmed she had no plans to attend? I suppose this was already addressed, as the media reported she was expected at her father's.

I can SPECULATE on several things, but the best one (in my opinion) is something along the lines of MC informed WC that MC intended to live solely or mostly with her father because MC was developing a close and significant "mother-daughter" relationship with RC's fiancee.

In other words, MC was choosing to replace WC with a new mother, and with the worst possible person (in WC's mind).

So, there's anger, guilt, frustration, and jealousy all combined into one big out burst by WC.

Again, all SPECULATION

This is a really good theory. Only problem I have is that MC would have turned 18 on April 1, 2010. At that point she would have been free to live anywhere she wanted anyway. I guess it could still upset WC depending on how she may have approached her with it though.

Now that I notice her birthday was coming inheritance could be a possible. Sounds like quite a few people around her were in over their head financially. I would think if she had some kind of settlement or something coming we would have heard?

So, it's not Tarpiscan Road.

If Tarpiscan is the one that goes to the right and up the hill off of Malaga/Alcoa highway, no. The launch we're talking about is at the end of the paved highway, right where the last houses are.

This is a really good theory. Only problem I have is that MC would have turned 18 on April 1, 2010. At that point she would have been free to live anywhere she wanted anyway. I guess it could still upset WC depending on how she may have approached her with it though.

Now that I notice her birthday was coming inheritance could be a possible. Sounds like quite a few people around her were in over their head financially. I would think if she had some kind of settlement or something coming we would have heard?

Does anyone know if child support is given to the mom? I know for myself I share custody of my children with their dad but he still pays me support as he makes more then I do.

Exactly. We know LE got warrants for MC's cell phone records. Therefore, either RC and/or WC refused to give consent to LE to obtain MC's cell phone records. ASSUMING it was WC who refused to give consent regarding MC's cell phone records, then why on earth would she consent to a search of the Spec house?

The cell phone records available to RC & WC at that time would not show the dates in question. Perhaps LE needed warrants to get the updated info from the phone company before it was posted to normal billing cycles?

When you write, "lost their stomach" it sounds like a stomach was lost by damage. Like a stabbing.

I guess you are talking about the killer and vomiting. Killer may have just eaten some identifiable food, too...and vomited it. That's good.

No. As you suspect, I am talking about "lost their stomach" -- as in to try to stop a body from bloating and rising to the surface of the water. greydiggity commented back in thread #3 he heard the suspect "lost their stomach" or some such, but we all know have rumors have a way of getting twisted quite a bit. So maybe it was the victim that lost their stomach?

mental illness? depression? temporary insanity??

speculation

This, combined with other motive would be possible IMO. I wonder if there are any statistics on personality types who commit filicide. Like type A as opposed to type B? Combine a type A personality with some sort of a mental problem and that could be a powder keg. And WC is definitely a type A, assuming the theory of types is believed.

"Type A individuals can be described as impatient, time-conscious, concerned about their status, highly competitive, ambitious, business-like, aggressive, having difficulty relaxing; and are sometimes disliked by individuals with Type B personalities for the way that they're always rushing[citation needed]. They are often high-achieving workaholics who multi-task, drive themselves with deadlines, and are unhappy about delays. Because of these characteristics, Type A individuals are often described as "stress junkies.""

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Type_A_and_Type_B_personality_theory

Interesting;

"Free floating hostility, which can be triggered by even minor incidents."

Speculation of course.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors