FL FL - Michelle Parker, 33, Orlando, 17 Nov 2011 - #15

Status
Not open for further replies.
Something about this case isn't sitting well with me. Prior to the phone being found everyone (LE, Michelle's family, etc, etc) seemed to be gung ho pursuing leads left and right, dive searches, subpoenas, and more. Now it seems LE keeps "checking" the phone for more evidence and Michelle's family is off on the "next" fundraiser. I'm not judging her family at all. Never been through what they have...but am I the only one baffled by all of this?

Why such a drastic change after finding the phone?

I noticed that as well.....I think maybe they found some information on there that would lead them to have no reason to search for her...alive.... I truly think her family is made up of amazing people and they are focusing on the children and what is best for them at this point. Her mothers break down when they found the phone was very telling IMO....I think they know more than they are letting on and are focusing on what they can control.....the kids futures.

I really hope this is not the case but it is the only thing that I can make sense of....

I don't understand what could be on the phone that shows she is not alive..reminds me of how all activity seemed to cease when Holly's phone was supposedly found. Didn't make sense to me then, either.

I don't understand what could be on the phone that shows she is not alive..reminds me of how all activity seemed to cease when Holly's phone was supposedly found. Didn't make sense to me then, either.

You got me there....I have no idea but it was the only thing I could think of.....:banghead:.

I too do not think it makes sense that they seemingly stopped searching. Maybe they're just leaving it in LE's hands though so if someone does find anything there will be no tampering with evidence etc.....maybe?

You got me there....I have no idea but it was the only thing I could think of.....:banghead:.

I too do not think it makes sense that they seemingly stopped searching. Maybe they're just leaving it in LE's hands though so if someone does find anything there will be no tampering with evidence etc.....maybe?

I hate to admit it, but finding the phone and not her is bad. What woman tosses the phone into a lake bed? I bet there were lots of pics of the kids, her family not to mention all the contacts in her life. Her phone being found and not her is bad. This is the only chance they will really have the public's attention for fundraising. Once she is found it will be old news and people forget. They will need the money for the kids. I know most say, well they got fathers, but the twins could very well end up with her mom if Dale is arrested, then what? Michelle income is gone, and the kids will need help. I just feel bad that it has come to this. So many woman on this thread that we seach for and blog about. I makes me sick.

Not everyone is going to stop, turn around and face the reporters like George Anthony did when the media was hounding him about Caylee being in the back of Casey car as George and Cindy were going to visit Casey in jail.

I look at it this way, if the media tried to be more personable with the Smith, Sr. family, maybe they would have stopped and chatted with the reporters. IMO

If someone attacks me with words, I have two options, react by attacking back with words, or walk away.

Just jumping off this post with additional thoughts/opinions on the Smiths and their interaction with the media(is no way intended as personal toward PattyG)..

IMO while it would be true that most of us would have the TWO options if being bombarded by media with words of either choosing to attack back with words or to simply walk away.. However it certainly seems where the Smith Males are concerned there is a THIRD choice that they on more than one occasion have chosen instead of simply walking away or attacking back with words.. nope, both Dales' have chosen to lash out and "attack back" with physical violence at reporters..

This for me is very concerning and only adds to the fact that especially where Dale Jr. is concerned he has a very real issue with anger management and in his case violent behaviors/reactions unfortunately go hand-in-hand with Jr.'s anger..

I am very disheartened and upset particularly due to the fact that if this 40yr old man with these very real anger issues that are intertwined with physical violence.. That he is literally INCAPABLE/UNABLE to even control and contain them while not only in public, in front of a court of law, but in front of numerous, rolling cameras.. That fact is terrifying for me in realizing the possibilities of unleashed vicious violence resulting in Michelle Parker no longer being here..

I continue to pray daily for Michelle's loved one's as well as praying for direction for LE to locate and bring home Michelle so that her loved one's may ATLEAST receive some closure and the ability to begin the long, very difficult road of grieving this wonderful young mother's death..

If it turned out that the phone did not provide any new leads, then where are they to search? Florida is one big area of land and water. I could see that IF the family found out that the phone was not that helpful after all, they might begin to lose hope...JMO

I know this may seem kind of off topic but now that the thread has died down I don't see how it could be a distraction. Please forgive me if this is out of line and delete the post. I am new and still getting a feel of what I can and cannot say.

Am I the only one thinking he may be linked to jennifer kesse and/or the ocasio case? He went to cowboys and jesse black's all the time.....does anyone know if these girls frequented those places? Or if he made contact with them? He was quite the ladies man there....

The reason why I ask is maybe there is a bigger/multiple investiagation going on? I know he is innocent until proven guilty but....IF he did this to Michelle and hid her THIS good......what are the chances of it being his first time?

Sorry if it seems out there. I just can't help but wonder.:waitasec:

I know this may seem kind of off topic but now that the thread has died down I don't see how it could be a distraction. Please forgive me if this is out of line and delete the post. I am new and still getting a feel of what I can and cannot say.

Am I the only one thinking he may be linked to jennifer kesse and/or the ocasio case? He went to cowboys and jesse black's all the time.....does anyone know if these girls frequented those places? Or if he made contact with them? He was quite the ladies man there....

The reason why I ask is maybe there is a bigger/multiple investiagation going on? I know he is innocent until proven guilty but....IF he did this to Michelle and hid her THIS good......what are the chances of it being his first time?

That has been brought up a couple times CuriousChloe. Woundn't that be a great burden lifted on Florida if indeed he is connected to the other missing cases. I definitely think LE is exploring this possibilty!

That has been brought up a couple times CuriousChloe. Woundn't that be a great burden lifted on Florida if indeed he is connected to the other missing cases. I diffinately think LE is exploring this possibilty!

Good! So glad to hear other people are looking at that. I just can't shake my gut feeling. I feel so bad for those families and pray to God Michelle's family will not be next.

I am not feeling his connection to the other cases. I think he reserves his anger and hostility for women close to him. I think it is all about him, and I don't think he would even bother with other random women he might meet. In My Opinion Only.

Originally Posted by Sparky (Respectfully snipped by me for emphasis)
I came across this and was wondering why TES didn't do this for Michelle. The article is dated Dec 14 and the location is Union Co., FL.

A side scanning sonar provided by a Texas-based company was used to find Demeritte.

“We were utilizing equipment from Equusearch Search and Recovery,” Parker said. “Apparently they volunteered their services and flew out here. They showed us how to use the equipment and mounted it in one of the boats.”

I wasn't entirely certain exactly what you meant, Sparky but with regards to the side sonar equipment that's discussed in the ^above^ article owned and operated by TES.. This equipment(tho not owned or operated by TES) has in fact been used in the water/lake/retention pond/etc searches by LE.. There are even photos in the media of some of the searches showing this side sonar equipment attached to the boat(s) LE were using to search these area bodies of water.. So, I do know that unfortunately due to the conflict of interest of Tim Miller, his relationship with Mark NeJame, along with Tim's having already publicly stated his opinion in favor of the suspect, Dale Jr was that Dale was being crucified.. So, I understood that tho he had been requested to come search with TES in the Orlando(and surrounding areas) for Michelle.. And that he did actually even come as far as to fly into Orlando before his making the decision that he felt it best that he not become involved in the Michelle Parker case/search and then flying back out(but not before Baez goon served him with a subpoena..Aarghh!!) of Orlando to another location to help another victim's family in the search for their loved one..

Due to that conflict of interest being present combined with what we all witnessed with TES members being manipulated and used as pawns by the defense in the Anthony case.. It did IMO seem to be the most appropriate decision made that they not be involved in Michelle's case knowing there was such a very close tie to the defense(NeJame and Miller have become very close friends over last couple years.. And while I personally like both of these men very much it does just seem a little too close for comfort as far as Michelle's case goes).. I know TES is one of the very best but I am certain that LE can pull from all of their available resources(Florida BI- FBI- surrounding city/cty LEA- as well as possibly any other search groups).. That they should have those specific types of equipment at their disposal that TES is known to own and operate(side sonar scan)..

Here's a quick reference of LE using these exact side sonar scanners for their underwater searches(there are a multitude of links and I grabbed the first on the list :))..
The find came a week after Parker’s disappearance and*prompted Friday’s underwater search.

Orange County Sheriff’s underwater liberation group solemnly done their approach opposite each in. of a influence pond, in hopes of finding*Parker.

Boats with side sonar scanners searched a surface, while divers searched below.

The tip to hunt a area indeed came on Thanksgiving. The family vital subsequent doorway beheld a territory of a blockade around a pool was missing.

“When we left during 6:30, it was good and when we came behind that night during 10:30 it was cut,” pronounced Nema Mengali, a neighbor.

The blockade has given been replaced, though we can still see a soothing mud where they indeed dug out a petrify pylons below.

“You could demeanour and see they clearly dug it out with a shovel,” pronounced Randy Shakar, who called CrimeLine. “You could see a tire marks where they went in gathering around and came out a other side.”

The family pronounced they didn’t comprehend during a time that Smith’s father lived 3 blocks away.
http://attractions.in-orlando.org/michelle-parker-search-moves-to-retention-pond/

** as I said I'm not entirely certain that this is exactly what you were concerned about as far as resources being available in the search for Michelle.. I apologize in advance if this is not what you referring to in your post..:crazy:

DAs only typically take a case if there is a high probability of a conviction. I think they could have enough for an arrest but with speedy trial and lack of convicting evidence (DNA, witness, confession, etc), it is probably too high of a risk to arrest at this juncture. They do not want another CA fiasco and to be left with more egg on the face. So they proceed slow and cautiously.

My faith that this will be solved soon is waning. If Michelle was brought into the middle of woods without anyone seeing, this could be another unsolved mystery. I pray it's not the case...

Something about this case isn't sitting well with me. Prior to the phone being found everyone (LE, Michelle's family, etc, etc) seemed to be gung ho pursuing leads left and right, dive searches, subpoenas, and more. Now it seems LE keeps "checking" the phone for more evidence and Michelle's family is off on the "next" fundraiser. I'm not judging her family at all. Never been through what they have...but am I the only one baffled by all of this?

Why such a drastic change after finding the phone?

I believe the drastic change from Michelle's family was because Michelle was not with her phone. Reality and the possibility that Michelle was gone forever hit them hard. I can't judge them, the only person I lost due to violence was due to a serial killer and she was found dead immediately because her friend, also shot, was able to crawl for help. ^i^

Not that it's showing anything like searches for Michelle but I found a page that shows on the map the last day or so of calls from OPD. I noticed that there are two flags in DSjr's neighborhood but they aren't at his house. There are also a few calls on Walden Circle.

http://web.chad.org/projects/orlando-crime/

Yes but on the day in question, everyone knew that there was a search going on at a nearby lake while the custody proceedings were taking place. If any of Michelle's family had been told at that moment that she had been found in the lake, you would have gotten a shocked or horrified reaction out of them. When DS's family is told this, or rather questioned what they thought of it, they give no reaction. I would think that comment would have stopped them in their tracks and they would have responded with an "OMG, tell me what you've heard" response regardless of how much they felt they were being hounded by the media at that time. It would just seem like a normal reaction from anyone who had no idea what had happened and were desperate for answers. DS's family just does not seem desperate for answers IMO.

I am not 100% certain that everyone knew there was a search at the lake on the day that the custody hearing was being held. I can only assume that both families knew about the search, but not 100% certain of it.

If it was fact that Michelle's body was found in the lake, Michelle's family would have left the courtroom in a "split-second".

Actually, the media would have been following Michelle's family saying, "how are you feeling now that your daughter has finally been found in the lake", or maybe the media would be kind and say, "so sorry your daughter has been found in the lake."

I didn't see what I wanted to see from Michelle's brother and sister on many occasions with regards to emotions, and I take that as they were trying to keep their emotions intact at all times.

So we can see a lot of different things when it comes to people's emotions and reactions to the media.

If it turned out that the phone did not provide any new leads, then where are they to search? Florida is one big area of land and water. I could see that IF the family found out that the phone was not that helpful after all, they might begin to lose hope...JMO

It does seem to have slowed down, but LE said last week that they got 500+ tips and had a lot of into to go through, so maybe they're just in a re-grouping phase. The chief and family are both echoing each other when they say, "We won't stop 'till she's found" and I believe that.

Also, could there be scientific reasons to re-set the search at this point?

I believe the drastic change from Michelle's family was because Michelle was not with her phone. Reality and the possibility that Michelle was gone forever hit them hard. I can't judge them, the only person I lost due to violence was due to a serial killer and she was found dead immediately because her friend, also shot, was able to crawl for help. ^i^

Storm,

I am so sorry you lost your friend in such a horrible way. How sad for you all. I hope I never have to experience what the people go though on these threads. I don't think I would stay sane or be able to get out of bed.

What I don't understand is why some can't understand why there hasn't been an arrest yet.

I have faith in OPD, I believe with all my heart when the time is right, the right person will be arrested.

OPD has a job to do, they are not gonna go at it half cocked and let this whole thing turn into a circus. As much as I want an arrest and Michelle to be found and brought home, I am content to sit here, wait and watch.

I want it done right the first time with no screw ups. I want the person/persons responsible to be held accountable for the disappearance of Michelle and if she is no longer with us, than be held accountable for what has been done to her.

Also, I wanted to add OPD is different from OCSO who handled that "other" case.

Please pray for Michelle Parker, her children, and her family who want so desperately to find her. Please keep them in your thoughts and prayers this Holiday Season and remember November 17, 2011 has changed their lives forever. Thank you!

I would like to know why some folks feel that Dale, Sr. is part of either helping Dale with disposing of Michelle, or throwing the cellphone in the river or coming to pick up the children, or driving one of the vehicles or picking up Dale at the parking lot?

One of my reasons for forming this opinion is the fact that throughout this ordeal, no-one from the Smith family ever called Yvonne Stewart just to say, "We're sorry this is happening, what can we do, what do police think happened?" Not one call. The mother of their grandchildren just goes missing one day - *poof, thin air * ,and not even a phone call to her family? I would think there had to be some relationship between the two families established over the course of 5 years of Michelle and DS Jr. being together and have to believe they knew each other. I mean, Yvonne called Mrs. Smith on the night of the 17th probably already worried sick.

I think the behavior is both horribly insensitive and very very telling...after all, Yvonne publicly vouched for DS Jr. for two weeks.

It's not out there. It needs to be considered and I believe LE has.

But here's what makes me feel it has no connection to the other gals;

1. Michelle was in a Hummer. Hard to break into to grab someone out of.
2. All phone activity, that is credited to Michelle, stopped right after 3:18 p.m., when she went to Dale's.
3. There is no trace of Michelle after she arrived at Dale's.
4. Dale has a history of violence, towards Michelle and others, including involvement in a past murder.
5. Michelle arrived at Dale's right after the airing of an edited appearance on People's Court, one that Dale had encouraged everyone to watch. The edited version is seen by many to be possibly very humiliating to a guy like Dale.
6. LE is smart. They are not idiots. They named Dale their primary suspect. They have conducted targeted searches in specific areas, that seem ti line up with the path between Dale and his father's homes.
7. The evidence in this case follows a straight line from Dale's house to his father's and slightly beyond: Dale's house, then the cell phone, then Dale Sr's house, then the Hummer. It is one straight shot down the highway.
8. Dale refused to take a polygraph.
9. One study from 1999 showed that women are 11 times more likely to be killed by someone they knew, than by a stranger. http://www.vpc.org/studies/dv4one.htm
Another shows that between 1976 and 2005, almost 65% of women victims of homicide were killed by someone they know. But that doesn't mean that 35% were killed by strangers. Only about 9% were determined to have been killed by strangers. 27% were undetermined. http://bjs.ojp.usdoj.gov/content/homicide/gender.cfm

The above make it very clear to me that Dale being named the primary suspect is no fluke, no rush to judgment.

Something that's been bugging me: DS's reaction when he was told MP was missing. According to sister LE, he responded, "Oh, okay." If he had done something, wouldn't he have at least pretended shock/concern/whatever to make himself appear innocent?

Re: the history of their relationship, IMO, they were both high maintenance. Could he have reacted the way he did because he thought MP was just playing games? That she had taken off and would eventually turn up?

In my heart, I feel DS is responsible. My head is telling me to look at everything.

Also, you much more experienced sleuths: Is it typical of attorney MN to be this quiet? One press conference early on, then absolutely nothing since?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MichaelKeell