Trayvon at 7-11: Surveillance Video

Status
Not open for further replies.
the 7-11 tapes are interesting but are not in actual real-time speed. I see a kid who greets the clerk. They even exchange comments and then Trayvon gives him exact change. I suspect the question was "would you prefer a $20 or change?" Then Trayvon digs in his pockets for exact change. It breaks my heart that within a half an hour he would lie dead, in the rain, because some cowboy decided he was a bad guy.

There is a time stamp on one of the video views and it looks like it say 18:59:59. If that was the time then Trayvon definitely wasn't dawdling.
18:59:59 isn't the timestamp. I'm not sure what that is. The number next to it is the timestamp, and he leaves at :24. I'd have to assume that's 18:24 local time. That would be around a mile in ~45 minutes?

This tape is pretty uneventful, but I'll add my observations..

1. Trayvon needed a belt. I wonder how his too big pants slowed him down while he tried to escape from GZ. Add the weight of the iced tea to it, and I would think gravity was not on his side.

2. 7-11s here don't allow hoodies. There's a sign on the door as you walk in saying they must be removed. I would imagine that Trayvon had his on as he entered the store, because it was raining. If he walked back out and it wasn't raining at that time, maybe he took it off. We have heard that it was raining off and on, so maybe his hoodie went off and on...

3. As far as what he picked up off of the floor, it could have been anything or nothing. He could have fixed his shoe, found that lighter, a penny, a dollar, etc. I'm leaning toward it being nothing, because didn't the clerk walk right past that area to get behind the counter?

4. I didn't see what he put in his mouth, if anything. I saw him touch his mouth, but I have no clue what would have been in his hands other than money.

5. Perhaps he did ask about something behind the counter. What is back there, I'm not sure.

6. He did not look intimidating to me, and he didn't seem to be moving extra slow. I do hate when people count out exact change though. grrr. And, how many thugs and criminals wear big buttons with photos on them? 0.

All my interpretations, moo.

Could of been roaches lol who knows thats why I wondered if he asked clerk about papers or cigar skins to roll a blunt as they now call em.

I might believe that IF Trayvon was found dead with a bag of weed on him.

JMO

Sanford, Florida, a suburb of Orlando, Florida.

With a crime rate of 78 per one thousand residents, Orlando has one of the highest crime rates in America compared to all communities of all sizes - from the smallest towns to the very largest cities. One's chance of becoming a victim of either violent or property crime here is one in 13. Within Florida, more than 97% of the communities have a lower crime rate than Orlando.In fact, after researching dangerous places to live, NeighborhoodScout found Orlando to be one of the top 100 most dangerous cities in the U.S.A.

http://www.neighborhoodscout.com/fl/orlando/crime/#description

LOL.. all the comments about the cashier crack me up!! This is Sanford Florida! Not Suburbia. Perhaps a ski mask may have rattled the cashier.. but a hoodie? Laughable.

Sanford, Florida, a suburb of Orlando, Florida.

With a crime rate of 78 per one thousand residents, Orlando has one of the highest crime rates in America compared to all communities of all sizes - from the smallest towns to the very largest cities. One's chance of becoming a victim of either violent or property crime here is one in 13. Within Florida, more than 97% of the communities have a lower crime rate than Orlando.In fact, after researching dangerous places to live, NeighborhoodScout found Orlando to be one of the top 100 most dangerous cities in the U.S.A.

http://www.neighborhoodscout.com/fl/orlando/crime/#description

Wait, Sanford is its own separate city right?

I might believe that IF Trayvon was found dead with a bag of weed on him.

JMO

If he had enough time like some have said he did to make it back to the condo drop it off then come back and confront GZ.If he did leave it at the condo would anyone say oh when we checked the condo we found weed or could have dropped it on the ground or thrown it in a bush we will never know unless LE found it before someone else did.

LOL.. all the comments about the cashier crack me up!! This is Sanford Florida! Not Suburbia. Perhaps a ski mask may have rattled the cashier.. but a hoodie? Laughable.

No not laughable when crimes in stores like a 711 are seen on the news every night in grainy videos wearing a hoodie as the clerk is robbed.Some here who live in FL and other states have stated 711's do have a sign posted on the door saying hoods not allowed on in stores.

watch it again, all the way through. He gestures with his right hand and says something.

eta: the best example of it is at ~4:40. Just before that, he looks up to listen to Trayvon for a few seconds then gestures with his right hand.

Maybe he was asking the clerk what the total was? As in, "Did you say $2.89, sir'?

Yes.... Orlando is just like any other tourist trap... high crime and Sanford is about 30 minutes or like 30 miles... away!! No correlation.

Yes, from that same website here is part of the description if you query on the city of Sanford:

With a crime rate of 69 per one thousand residents, Sanford has one of the highest crime rates in America compared to all communities of all sizes - from the smallest towns to the very largest cities. One's chance of becoming a victim of either violent or property crime here is one in 14. Within Florida, more than 94% of the communities have a lower crime rate than Sanford.

More at:

http://www.neighborhoodscout.com/fl/sanford/crime/#description

No correlation? What do you base that statement on? And, for the record, it's 25 miles from the CENTER of Orlando to the CENTER of Sanford. The out skirts of the two municipalities are at most 10 miles apart, connected by I4, a MAJOR highway.

As of 2011, U.S. News reported on a study released by the F.B.I. indicating that Orlando is the third most dangerous city in the United States.

By the way, doesn't 7-11 have a rule that there must be two employees on duty at all times for safety reasons? It's a law in some places for convience stores to do so. Where was the other clerk, if there was one?

Yes.... Orlando is just like any other tourist trap... high crime and Sanford is about 30 minutes or like 30 miles... away!! No correlation.

Yes.. I won't get into it very much (that's for another thread) but it is one of those OTC cigars people buy and they empty them and fill them with marijuana...other names for it but us old timers call them spliffs LOL

Maybe "spliffs" is regional, where I come from they are referred to as "blunts", I had to ask one day, thought it was a fad then someone told me what was really going on. I thought I was keeping up,lol

When I watched the tape I, also, noticed when Trayvon seemed to touch his mouth or put something in it. I went back and watched again. I may be wrong, but I think he was adjusting the mouth piece for his headset to his cell phone. I am not sure what type of headset that Trayvon had, but it had to have some type of a mouth piece to talk in to. It may have been the type that you push up the mouth piece when not in use and when a call comes in you bring it down to answer. Since he was on the phone with his gf does anyone know if they were talking will he was at the 7-11? Or maybe her call came in while he was checking out.

the 7-11 tapes are interesting but are not in actual real-time speed. I see a kid who greets the clerk. They even exchange comments and then Trayvon gives him exact change. I suspect the question was "would you prefer a $20 or change?" Then Trayvon digs in his pockets for exact change. It breaks my heart that within a half an hour he would lie dead, in the rain, because some cowboy decided he was a bad guy.There is a time stamp on one of the video views and it looks like it say 18:59:59. If that was the time then Trayvon definitely wasn't dawdling.

I'm feeling the same as you are...Little did he know within 30 minutes or so his life would be snuffed out and he would be gone from this earthly plane forever... And to see him vilified and disrespected as he has been here in this forum..... IMHO unbelievably sad and tragic.. Just breaks my heart..JMHO

Yes, indeed the clerk and he discuss whether he wants a bag or not. Trayvon has the items bagged. I guess that might be the tan bag that was lying in the grass of the courtyard.

No matter what, it is obvious that the clerk had no problems with Trayvon except, perhaps, he looks bored and appears to stifle a yawn while Trayvon fishes for change.

This clerk's testimony could be very useful, if he even remembers the transaction.

Something to consider, TM might have asked him about the weather and the forecast or if he had a good day.

Could of been roaches lol who knows thats why I wondered if he asked clerk about papers or cigar skins to roll a blunt as they now call em.

What difference does it make? I could care less if he asked the clerk for a moon rock. I just can't understand trying to rationalizie the unwarranted death of a teenager and then see his name tarnished. I pray that his parents aren't reading here.
He acted like a normal everyday shopper at the 7-11. moo

Something to consider, TM might have asked him about the weather and the forecast or if he had a good day.

That seems out of character for a teen to me - even a polite one.

I find his wearing the hood of his hoodie while inside the store to be surprising. Certainly not criminal... just odd.

It's far enough 'on' that it would have prevented him from having full peripheral vision - something I always find annoying.

I'm feeling the same as you are...Little did he know within 30 minutes or so his life would be snuffed out and he would be gone from this earthly plane forever... And to see him vilified and disrespected as he has been here in this forum..... IMHO unbelievably sad and tragic.. Just breaks my heart..JMHO

George Zimmerman has been vilified and disrespected all though out the threads.

But people don't seem to have a problem with it. like they do with TM.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
aishavn