AZ - Isabel Mercedes Celis, 6, Tucson, 20 April 2012 - # 5

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm still puzzled by Sergio Celis' mention of "demands" during his brief statement yesterday. When LE Chief was questioned about this during a later presser, he stated that there had been no ransom demands in Isabel's disappearance. Why would Isa's dad plea to kidnappers and mention "meeting (their) demands" if there hasn't been a ransom demand? Does anyone else find this odd?

Me. I did find that statement odd.

IDK about getting used to dogs going crazy, and I have had dogs all of my life.
Most incessantly barking dog owners probably would not want me as a neighbor, because if I hear a constantly barking dog, I am going to call that in at some point. [I love dogs enough to post that personal information, when I try to avoid posting personal information, or my experience as a back up].

Anyway, if the Celis' family has a pending Tucson Animal Care case, with dogs at large complaints, and court dates coming up, why would they let their dogs simply go nuts at 6:30 am on a Saturday morning when it is more likely for a complaint to be called in?

All I know is if I called the police everytime my neighbor's three large dogs barked during the night or early morning, I would be known as the biggest pest in my county! :)

The woman's dog was barking also. I am sure other dogs barked in the area too. Dogs bark.......

imo

Respectfully edited. Re: the dogs. The Celis family has been cited for several dog-related issues. I'm not sure that the recent incident was the only time that the dogs were running loose. The document is on one of the Isabel threads, but I haven't been able to locate it since reading your post.

I only found the incident on the 13th in the Court dockets, but yes there could have been citations by Tucson Animal Care that did not reach the court level. The dogs at large this time were a misdemeanor.
There could have been warnings in the forms of letters. They do that according to TAC.

Not a lot of new developments. Asking that the media respect private property of the residents on Isa's street.

Detectives are continuing investigation. They have a lot of resources that are crucial. They are pouring over the lead sheets.

Respectfully edited. Re: the dogs. The Celis family has been cited for several dog-related issues. I'm not sure that the recent incident was the only time that the dogs were running loose. The document is on one of the Isabel threads, but I haven't been able to locate it since reading your post.

Oh, thanks. I will try to locate it again.

I thought I only saw the one date that was a week before Isa went missing. :)

Just need to share a little bit about Misha and neighbors and barking. My neighbor is about 10 feet from the side of the house Misha sleeps to their back door/driveway with no solid wall barriers in-between.

Misha is use to my neighbor and never barks when he is watering his lawn in the back of his house at 4:30 AM (yup) before he leaves for work at 5:00 AM. My neighbor starts his pick-up at that time and Misha just doesn't care.

My neighbor sometimes will use my driveway to park, and he will come across my front lawn at 5:00 AM to get in his truck and Misha doesn't care as he is use to the normal routine of my neighbors on both sides of me and across from me.

However, if one of my neighbor's co-workers comes to pick up my neighbor at 5:00 AM, then Misha is up and barking to let me know a stranger has arrived.

On that note, I feel the Celis' dogs and the neighbor's dogs would not bark, at that early hour, unless it is someone they are not aware of on a regular basis in the neighborhood.

BUT then, I could have an exceptionally smart dog that knows the difference and has an inner "stranger/danger" feeling.

Those little or big noses can smell things that we are not even aware of. If they smell that scent of "fear" on a person, they will lift that nose up in the air to see where it is coming from.

Misha will run out the back door so quickly and I am thinking he needs to do his business quick, however, he smells my neighbor in the backyard and just sits to wait until they pet him.

I always check on him while out there and there he is waiting for my neighbor and I wonder how they heck did he know they were out there.

Core detectives are still working with their FBI counterparts.

Searches/canvassing are ongoing but are scaled down

All I know is if I called the police everytime my neighbor's three large dogs barked during the night or early morning, I would be known as the biggest pest in my county! :)

The woman's dog was barking also. I am sure other dogs barked in the area too. Dogs bark.......

imo

Oh, I would not call police. I would call animal control.
TAC has a noise ordinance for animals, too. The neighbors seem to know the Celis' dogs and their barking, so I am betting TAC has had calls.

I only found the incident on the 13th in the Court dockets, but yes there could have been citations by Tucson Animal Care that did not reach the court level. The dogs at large this time were a misdemeanor.
There could have been warnings in the forms of letters. They do that according to TAC.

I sure would like to know for certain if this is the only time.

No additional blockades of the street.

Officers are on the street to protect private property from media.

Tips are still coming in. Reward ?increased? to 30,000.00.

OBE, The way I read it, it seemed like the police protection was for the family ? Is there something written or said someplace that states that the police protection was for the house ? TIA

I cant remember right off, liz but I think LE said that on one of the shows and that they would be sending officers by from time to time to check on the residence.

My dogs bark at other dogs (i figure that's the only way they can communicate with each other from a distance). They bark when someone is near the house, but if someone is approaching the house the bark changes from a regular bark to shrill barks, a definite difference and a much higher level of excitement.

LE will extend their assistance to the family should they ask or want to speak to the media again.

Q: Was there anyone else other than the immediate family in the house the night she went missing?

A: Information that is crucial to us and important to the investigation will not be released.

Based on the neighbor's statement, it seems that there were men either in or around the backyards at around 6:30 am ? Because she heard men's voices ? IMO that is probably as significant as the dogs.... JMO

LE went to many other businesses out of the surrounding area requesting surveillance videos.

I cant remember right off, liz but I think LE said that on one of the shows and that they would be sending officers by from time to time to check on the residence.

TY, I do not remember anything like that. Would not blame the family if they did ask for police protection...LE moved in with Sommer Thompson's family...MOO

Q: We have heard that the BAU has not or will not talk to the family.

A: BAU has protocol that they follow. They will do things as they see fit. He won't comment on what they have said or not said.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cabinsleuth