Found Deceased KY - James 'Mike' Kimsey, 48, Louisville, 29 May 2015

Hambone1480

Reaction score
8143519_G.jpg

Mike Kimsey, a 48-year old husband and father of a 7-year-old boy, has been missing since Friday, May 29, 2015. As of now, it has been about 7 weeks since he was last seen. Mr. Kimsey is employed as a UPS pilot in Louisville, Kentucky and is a resident of the Louisville suburb of Middletown. A former U.S. Air Force pilot, Mr. Kimsey had been on recent medical leave from work due to surgeries, for which he had been required to take different, daily medications. Please read through anything you can find, and try to help bring this man home. His family is obviously worried sick.

http://www.wdrb.com/story/29390019/lmpd-looking-for-missing-louisville-pilot
http://www.wave3.com/story/29521938/family-of-missing-ups-pilot-still-praying-for-answers

Very strange that this is the first we are hearing about it. It looks like he disappeared on May 26 and media coverage didn't start until around June 19. When did his family report him missing?

He is not listed in NamUS. The family should get him listed.

Might want to adjust the heading. His name is James Michael Kimsey. It sounds like he goes by the name Mike.

Article from June 22nd states that he is "endangered" - presumably related to this line "Police said Kimsey needs daily medication."

According to the FB page, Kimsey left his house in the middle of the night of May 26th. He only took his wallet and cell phone. He did not take his car, nor is it thought that he left with any extra clothing other than what he was wearing. It is uncertain what clothes he had on.
This is a real strange case here guys.
Seems possible he was taken out of the house by someone else, or left to meet up with someone else.
According to the FB page, Kimsey was in high spirits as he was slowly, but surely recovering from two previous surgeries and was getting closer to returning to flying for UPS. The writer on the FB page states he was "NOT DEPRESSED."

This case has got me very concerned. I live very close to this guy, and I'm so scared for his little 7-year-old boy. It's just so weird. His wife said she came down in the middle of the night early on May 29th (not the 26th as the thread title indicates) and that Mike was gone. She has said he didn't take his car and that indications are that he took his wallet and cell phone. They aren't even sure if he was wearing shoes or not.

What makes this case even more strange is that the wife supposedly didn't contact any family members for help until 4 days after his supposed disappearance.

I'm thinking about going over near Mike's neighborhood to get the lay of the land there and consider where he may have walked (if in fact, he did).

According to the FB page, Kimsey left his house in the middle of the night of May 26th. He only took his wallet and cell phone. He did not take his car, nor is it thought that he left with any extra clothing other than what he was wearing. It is uncertain what clothes he had on.
This is a real strange case here guys.
Seems possible he was taken out of the house by someone else, or left to meet up with someone else.
According to the FB page, Kimsey was in high spirits as he was slowly, but surely recovering from two previous surgeries and was getting closer to returning to flying for UPS. The writer on the FB page states he was "NOT DEPRESSED."

I wonder if he is on pain killers like Oxy?
He has his wallet and phone sounds to me like he needed something.
Just a thought.

I wonder if he is on pain killers like Oxy?
He has his wallet and phone sounds to me like he needed something.
Just a thought.

I've considered the idea that he may have left seeking more pain medication from somebody, but I'm not understanding why he wouldn't take his car. For some reason, I personally have a strong feeling this disappearance has nothing to do with any kind of medication he may have been taking, but is something far more evil.

I've considered the idea that he may have left seeking more pain medication from somebody, but I'm not understanding why he wouldn't take his car. For some reason, I personally have a strong feeling this disappearance has nothing to do with any kind of medication he may have been taking, but is something far more evil.

Not if the person was coming to him.
He had his wallet and his phone.

I hope they checked the calls on his phone.

Not if the person was coming to him.
He had his wallet and his phone.

I hope they checked the calls on his phone.

True. I'm just not feeling this angle, though. Could always be wrong, though. Thanks for your thoughts.

It is a really, really strange case. Nobody seemed to have any details until about three weeks in, and that's when I saw the first news alert anywhere online. Nothing about it makes any sense. Mike's always been a great guy, by all accounts (including mine, though I didn't know him well), and definitely not the type to just wander off from his family. Utterly baffling.

This case has got me very concerned. I live very close to this guy, and I'm so scared for his little 7-year-old boy. It's just so weird. His wife said she came down in the middle of the night early on May 29th (not the 26th as the thread title indicates) and that Mike was gone. She has said he didn't take his car and that indications are that he took his wallet and cell phone. They aren't even sure if he was wearing shoes or not.

What makes this case even more strange is that the wife supposedly didn't contact any family members for help until 4 days after his supposed disappearance.

I'm thinking about going over near Mike's neighborhood to get the lay of the land there and consider where he may have walked (if in fact, he did).

That's great! Please share with us how the area looks like, city streets, or more rural ... What is close by to where he lives? The only idea I can come up with at this point is that he couldn't sleep, decided to go for a walk and something happened. Maybe he fell into something, a body of water perhaps ... Water would also explain why LE was not able to ping his cell phone. I have the feeling this was an accident. Were there any searches? What was the temperature that night?

If you can say, what sort of evil do you mean?

weird case and even weirder that this is the first we're hearing about it.

To be honest, I don't know exactly. I'm just looking at it from a foul play angle, especially because the wife waited to contact family members about his disappearance for 4 DAYS and had yet to contact the police. I find that to be quite fishy. Also, living in the city of Louisville where he did, it's not easy to just go out on walk and have an accident happen and not be found. That area is very populated.

I also feel like it may have been a robbery of some sort where somebody came to his door, or in his house, and he was forcibly taken with his wallet to go to an ATM machine to withdraw cash. I think he may have been hurt in that process and left somewhere. Just my guesses at this point.

I feel like if he had taken his car, then I would be much inclined to believe he had some type of accident or left on his own accord.

Was reading the FB page tonight, looks like it's run by his mom and dad. Nothing from the wife. Also surprised to read someone say that Mike is NOT paranoid schitzophrenic and they don't know why the person who reported him missing would say that to the police. When asked who said it, the poster stated, "I'd rather not say on a public forum".

Sadly, I see it one of two ways: Mike's misfortune lies very close to home (which is where I'm leaning) or

He does have a mental illness and in our hushhushaboutmentalillness culture, his loved ones feel they are doing him a service by hiding it. Entirely possible that Mike's absence from flying had to do with mental fitness, js.

Was out that way near Mike's home tonight to do a drive through and get a feel of the area. I was wrong when I said where he lived was very populated. While his home is a mile away from an extremely populated area, his subdivision is out on a road that begins to creep into a rural area. There are large areas of undeveloped land all around his subdivision. His home is on the extreme outer limits of the city of Louisville and is close to a rural neighboring county. I didn't take any pictures due to it being dark, but will do so soon during the daylight hours. Looks like there are a lot of areas he may have wondered out into where an accident of some sort may have taken place and he hasn't been found yet. One area that I noticed near his house was a sign for a "nature trail." Something like that is where he could have walked into and out into some open area. I think it's important that the local police organize some type of search for Mike in the open areas near his house. I know I would volunteer for a search. Here's to hoping that Mike is found safe soon. Prayers going up.

Was out that way near Mike's home tonight to do a drive through and get a feel of the area. I was wrong when I said where he lived was very populated. While his home is a mile away from an extremely populated area, his subdivision is out on a road that begins to creep into a rural area. There are large areas of undeveloped land all around his subdivision. His home is on the extreme outer limits of the city of Louisville and is close to a rural neighboring county. I didn't take any pictures due to it being dark, but will do so soon during the daylight hours. Looks like there are a lot of areas he may have wondered out into where an accident of some sort may have taken place and he hasn't been found yet. One area that I noticed near his house was a sign for a "nature trail." Something like that is where he could have walked into and out into some open area. I think it's important that the local police organize some type of search for Mike in the open areas near his house. I know I would volunteer for a search. Here's to hoping that Mike is found safe soon. Prayers going up.

Thank you Hambone, this is very interesting. So an accident is a possible scenario.

I wonder why there were no immediate searches? Or was it simply not reported? (Or have I overlooked it?)

Was reading the FB page tonight, looks like it's run by his mom and dad. Nothing from the wife. Also surprised to read someone say that Mike is NOT paranoid schitzophrenic and they don't know why the person who reported him missing would say that to the police. When asked who said it, the poster stated, "I'd rather not say on a public forum".

Sadly, I see it one of two ways: Mike's misfortune lies very close to home (which is where I'm leaning) or

He does have a mental illness and in our hushhushaboutmentalillness culture, his loved ones feel they are doing him a service by hiding it. Entirely possible that Mike's absence from flying had to do with mental fitness, js.

Forty-eight would be really late for symptoms of schizophrenia to show up. Typical onset for males is by age 25. If he had it and it went untreated I think it would have interfered with his life and career years ago, and if he'd had it and been treated I'm not sure if he would've been able to keep his career.

And for someone who doesn't know (like a family member or his doctor) to say he was a paranoid schizophrenic is odd. It's specific and what would he be based on?

Depression is another thing entirely though.

My hinky meter - am I using the term correctly? - says mental illness isn't the issue here.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shmoozie
Back