UT - Ethan Stacy, 4, Layton, 10 May 2010 - #3

Status
Not open for further replies.
In this article http://www.ksl.com/?nid=148&sid=10763286 it says that police interviewed and cleared a third person that SS said was involved in the burial. Shocking that there really was a "Frank" and that this was trying to pin this on somebody else.

Also in that article..

"Michelle says Joe called his son in Utah every day. But about a week ago, Stephanie kept telling him Ethan was unavailable.

"He said, ‘Well, every time I talk to Stephanie he says Ethan's asleep, he's busy, he's this.' She was always making excuses why he couldn't talk to him," she said.
"He was just bawling and screaming, ‘Ethan's dead, Ethan's dead.'My first thoughts were, [Stephanie] killed him." -Michelle, Joe Stacy's first wife

Police say during that time, Stephanie's husband, Nathan Sloop, was severely abusing Ethan. "

:furious::furious::furious:

I apologize in advanced if this is common knowledge to everyone else. I've been trying to follow as well as I can.

I haven't heard mention of NS strangling Ethan at any point. Where was this mentioned?

I don't think it's been in any articles. It appears to some of us that Ethan may have been choked because there is bruising on his neck in the picture.

I think tomorrow with the presser in the morning and the hearing in the afternoon, and LE having interviewed the Sloops again since the probable cause statements were issued, as well as the autopsy report, that we may find out more of what Ethan went through.

Just a reminder to everyone, the parents of the year (severe sarcasm there) will be in the Davis County court for their formal charges at 1pm mountain time tomorrow.

Also, there is a press conference scheduled for 11am mountain time and KSL will carry that live online and on local TV (channel 5 if you live in Utah).

I wonder if they'll be wearing bullet proof vests?

I won't be able to watch, will be working but my thoughts and my heart will be on Ethan.

VB

I guess I need to find out how to get Trisha my credentials as well.
A little OT---
I agree anyone can claim to be anything. I was a pediatric nurse from 1988-2003 and then dabbled in Pain Management for about 2 years. I began teaching CNA's in 2007 until I got diagnosed with Celiac and had to stop working due to my immune system pooping out on me. I passed my LPN boards in OCT 1988. Many people like to call us Little Pipsqueak Nurses. However I held the same position as RN's and BSN's in the office I worked in and even trained new hires.
If anyone would like to PM I'd be happy to provide backup to my claims.

I agree with what everyone is seeing in the picture from May 5th but I would like to add. Due to the swelling of Ethan's nose, mouth and jaw that his breathing is somewhat obstruted at the time... the way he is holding his mouth open... is the way a child with a stopped up nose would do. I don't want to say this but I'm afraid his nose was broken at the time as well.

MOO!!!!
Dont sell yourself short. Some of the best nurses i've ever worked with are LPNs.

I agree. If not broken, then swollen and full of mucus from crying. Either way he was mouth breathing, and judging from the damage to his jaw and throat, no doubt having trouble handling his secretions, probably drooling. They said he 'wouldn't' eat. IMO that child couldn't eat. Keep in mind this photo was taken early on... and LE said the injuries became progressively worse. And they forced all those fluids on him in such a short period of time? In addition to the possible electrolyte imbalances and added cerebral edema this could have caused, I'm willing to bet he aspirated too.

Oh for God's sake. It's a slam dunk case. Wth is she talking about? Is she a newbie prosecutor?

Nope, not new. Very controversial though.

ETA: and not liked by alot of people here.

We spoke with the mother of Ethan Stacy's older siblings, Joe Stacy's first wife Michelle, on the phone Thursday. She says Joe called her just moments after learning his little boy had been murdered.

"He was just bawling and screaming, ‘Ethan's dead, Ethan's dead,'"
she said. "My first thoughts were, [Stephanie] killed him."

I have no words.

I didn't see this one posted yet: KSL-TV

Might have some updates for the timeline, too:

•Around May 1, Ethan arrived in Utah from Virginia to visit his mother.
•May 4, a cell phone time stamp reveals Stephanie took a picture of Ethan with swelling and bruising on his jaw.
•May 5, Stephanie says Nathan beat Ethan, leaving him with head wounds.

(BBM):
NS's mother PST visits, and says "everything was fine". (Source: ABC-4 TV, SLC, video interview we've all seen.)

•May 6, Stephanie and Nathan get married at the Farmington courthouse. They locked Ethan in his room while they were gone.
•In the days leading up to his death, Ethan didn't eat well; he was burned in a hot tub and received no medical attention.
•On May 9, Ethan was found dead in his bed. That's also the day Nathan and Stephanie buried him.
•The night of May 10, Stephanie reported her son missing.
•Early morning on May 11, the search to find Ethan began.
•At 11 a.m. on May 11, police interviewed Nathan and Stephanie again and find out about the burial site.
•Around noon on May 11, the search moved up Ogden Valley to Powder Mountain.
•At 5 p.m. on May 11, teams discovered Ethan's body.

BBM So he was beaten on May 4. IIRC the mother of NS was on TV yesterday claiming she saw Ethan on the 5th and he was fine. She needs to be locked up too.

There are obvious bruises on his neck. I should have said "IMO" I guess. Sorry for that. But after looking closer at the enlarged photo, I'm convinced he had his hand on Ethan's neck. Maybe to hold him while he punched (left side of face is battered, under the eye and his left ear. I'm betting NS is right handed)

Based on the marks I see from Ethan's L ear follwing to below his chin, it looks to me like he was grabbed by a left hander. Simply becase I see one continuous mark like a thumb... ( I would expect to see a larger area from four fingers if the R hand was used on the L side of Ethan's face)) I also see marks in the R collar bone area... which would be seen if a L handed person grabbed someone standing in front of them. Again a single mark made by a thumb. Also it looks to me as tho can I say the ? Is holding a video game controller, mostly with his R hand and even leaning on his R arm as well. That indicates to me he uses his L hand predominately. MOO

BUT I am a LEFTY as well so I am not in my RIGHT brain. Fell free to disagree with me !

Precious Ethan and his loving daddy.

ethan6.jpg

ehtanjoe2.jpg

ethanjoe.jpg

ethanjoe1.jpg

ethanjoe3.jpg

And what with Nathan's five personalities I keep hearing about? In one article his cousin even has a name for the personality that would have killed Nathan.

Are you fricken kidding me?!?! There setting up a defense already! He is going to claim DID/MPD. Im NOT buying it! If anything this poor baby, fragmented into other personalities because of this horrible abuse!

There are obvious bruises on his neck. I should have said "IMO" I guess. Sorry for that. But after looking closer at the enlarged photo, I'm convinced he had his hand on Ethan's neck. Maybe to hold him while he punched (left side of face is battered, under the eye and his left ear. I'm betting NS is right handed)

No problem at all, Calliope. Completely understandable. I think so far, we've all done a pretty bang-up job of following each other's posts. Some confusion here and there is perfectly expected. Thanks for addressing that. I wasn't sure if it was something everyone else knew, that perhaps I may have overlooked it.

Based on the marks I see from Ethan's L ear follwing to below his chin, it looks to me like he was grabbed by a left hander. Simply becase I see one continuous mark like a thumb... ( I would expect to see a larger area from four fingers if the R hand was used on the L side of Ethan's face)) I also see marks in the R collar bone area... which would be seen if a L handed person grabbed someone standing in front of them. Again a single mark made by a thumb. Also it looks to me as tho can I say the ? Is holding a video game controller, mostly with his R hand and even leaning on his R arm as well. That indicates to me he uses his L hand predominately. MOO

BUT I am a LEFTY as well so I am not in my RIGHT brain. Fell free to disagree with me !

I'm a lefty too :)

I was thinking grabbing with his left, but hitting with his right; his left ear looks like it was punched to me. I'm not up on fighting and boxing, but I thought the dominant side is the one you "lead" with when punching. Did htat make sense?

Dont sell yourself short. Some of the best nurses i've ever worked with are LPNs.

I agree. If not broken, then swollen and full of mucus from crying. Either way he was mouth breathing, and judging from the damage to his jaw and throat, no doubt having trouble handling his secretions, probably drooling. They said he 'wouldn't' eat. IMO that child couldn't eat. Keep in mind this photo was taken early on... and LE said the injuries became progressively worse. And they forced all those fluids on him in such a short period of time? In addition to the possible electrolyte imbalances and added cerebral edema this could have caused, I'm willing to bet he aspirated too.

Does his nasal area look almost flattened to you? I do NOT mean to sound crass! but remember the LION from the TV series "Beauty and the Beast"?? 1987 that is what Ethan's face looks like. It looks to me like there is no longer a "bridge" to his nose. Could be swelling or bad lighting but bells are going off for me...

I'm a lefty too :)
Yup you made sense!

I was thinking grabbing with his left, but hitting with his right; his left ear looks like it was punched to me. I'm not up on fighting and boxing, but I thought the dominant side is the one you "lead" with when punching. Did htat make sense?

I was picturing him grabbing from the front by his throat/chin and lifting him against something. Doea that make sense?

BBM So he was beaten on May 4. IIRC the mother of NS was on TV yesterday claiming she saw Ethan on the 5th and he was fine. She needs to be locked up too.

Absolutely. I just found another reason to email the prosecutor. She needs to be brought up on charges too.

Im sorry, but speaking from experiece. I have Multiple personality Disorder. And people with this disorder do NOT kill, abuse, or hurt anyone. It is a disorder that is caused from trauma! And the person with DID/MPD normally tends to avoid anything relating to abuse, as we do not want to inflict pain on anyone else like it was inflicted on us!

I was picturing him grabbing from the front by his throat/chin and lifting him against something. Doea that make sense?

Yeah. I guess the specifics of that is insignificant, UNLESS the bruising where he was held could be matched to SS. But it's obvious he was grabbed at the throat, and battered. And this was only the beginning. That detail simply haunts me. As horrifying as that photo is, it doesn't show the worst.

Does his nasal area look almost flattened to you? I do NOT mean to sound crass! but remember the LION from the TV series "Beauty and the Beast"?? 1987 that is what Ethan's face looks like. It looks to me like there is no longer a "bridge" to his nose. Could be swelling or bad lighting but bells are going off for me...

I see what you mean. Poor little angel. My God.

Will the court appearance tomorrow be broadcast? (Forgive me -- I don't know much about court proceedings and the media.)

Such beautiful pictures of Ethan with his Daddy, you can see the love in both their faces. I'm so glad to know he knew the love of a real father.
I don't know how his father will have the strength to get through all this, it's tearing all of us apart and I just can't imagine what finding all this out is doing to him.

VB

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member