FL - Vicki Robinson, 49, slain, 15yo daughter charged, Tampa, 27 June 1998

Reader

Reaction score
http://www.seattlepi.com/news/crime...r-of-infamous-killing-to-be-freed-5034074.php

TAMPA, Fla. (AP) — Valessa Robinson was 15 when she helped her friends kill her mother in a Tampa suburb in 1998 and 17 when she was convicted of third-degree murder. Now 30, Robinson is scheduled to be released from prison in Florida on Friday.......

The murder and Robinson's subsequent trial made the teen infamous. During trial, her defense attorney dressed her in schoolgirl clothes. Gone was Valessa's previous attire of baggy jeans and colored nail polish. The brutal murder and the lengthy trial were covered extensively in local and national media.

Short article....

Valessa Robinson set to be released from prison Friday

http://www.tampabay.com/news/courts...set-to-be-released-from-prison-friday/2155224

Vicki Robinson, a 49-year-old real estate agent, was murdered in her Carrollwood home on June 27, 1998. Valessa Robinson, her boyfriend, Adam Davis and another friend, Jon Whispel, teamed up to kill her.

Under the law, Robinson had to serve 85 percent of her sentence [20 years], two years of which she served awaiting trial. She was not expected to get out of prison until 2015. Earlier this year, her release had been moved up to February. Release dates can change based on several factors. Robinson has been disciplined in prison over the years, but was also taking classes.

More at link....

Wow, a whopping 15 years for brutally murdering your very own mother, might as well give her a pat on the back. :banghead:

Wow, a whopping 15 years for brutally murdering your very own mother, might as well give her a pat on the back. :banghead:

BBM: And grand theft auto too. Now she's going to be a normal productive adult citizen? Where would she learn those tools from?

Co-conspirator Jon Whispel interviewed:

http://www.abcactionnews.com/news/l...victims-voice-haunts-him-jon-whispels-message

The words have haunted Whispel ever since he stood in a Carrollwood kitchen in June 1998, high on LSD and helped to kill Vicki Robinson, the mother of his 15-year-old friend Valessa...

For the first time, Whispel revealed when he finally realized the monstrosity of his crime. It was after he made a call to his own mother.

"My own mom was thinking I would do this to her, or asking me if I would do this to her. My own mom," Whispel said with tears in his eyes. "I thought my life was over when she asked me that question."

I want to believe Jon Whispel when he expresses remorse; however, I'm not so sure 5 more years will have "paid" for his crime. I am very sorry to see Valessa Robinson get early release! Murderers (IMO) should never be eligible for early release. In a more perfect world, they would serve life with out parole at the very least. Instead, let dope smokers or some other non-violent prisoners out early.

Oh, god in heaven.
DON'T let her out ! Saw a crime show on this case a few years back, if I can find it I'll post a link. Horrendous.
It doesn't matter, imo, if you're high on drugs or in some sort of frenzy... you do something like this and you are responsible.
A 30-year old is capable of committing any number of crimes. What---she was a good, model prisoner ? There are most likely plenty of those--while they're incarcerated. It doesn't mean they should be free.
If murdering your own parent doesn't deserve life without parole, or worse, I don't know what does.
There's more I could add, but it would be best not to do so. :gaah: Smh.
:moo:

Rest in gentle peace, Vicki , no one can hurt you anymore. You are not forgotten !

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FCISCBOBQEM
"American Justice : Daughter Dearest"

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Suesleuth