Agencies Want Cold Case Database

Marie

Daughter, if you don't remember us...who will?
Reaction score
Agencies Want Cold Case Database

Representatives of 20 police agencies met Wednesday at Arkansas State Police headquarters to discuss developing a national database on unidentified remains.

I think the doenetwork is the best out there for cold case database. It is a one stop for most cases, with more added daily...wonder why Arkansas doesn't know this already?

I think the doenetwork is the best out there for cold case database. It is a one stop for most cases, with more added daily...wonder why Arkansas doesn't know this already?

Because right now LE is not required to submit information on unidentified bodies, which means that they often don't submit and they often don't work together with other jurisdictions. This group wants data submitted to the National Center for Missing Adults so it's easier to match up the unidentified with the missing already listed. I think it's a good idea.

And I agree, doe is one of the best.

Because right now LE is not required to submit information on unidentified bodies, which means that they often don't submit and they often don't work together with other jurisdictions.

Federalizing such cases after a prescribed period of time may also be an avenue. It would result in a national database and would legally force all LE agencies to submit all records pertaining to each of their cases that meets the criteria.

Federalizing such cases after a prescribed period of time may also be an avenue. It would result in a national database and would legally force all LE agencies to submit all records pertaining to each of their cases that meets the criteria.

Federalizing is an interesting idea. Under what criteria do you think they could be federalized? I would love for LE to be 'forced' to submit data for unsolved cases (rape, murder, attempted murder, kidnapping, missing and unidentified). It's greatly needed and way past the time it should have been done.

Federalizing is an interesting idea. Under what criteria do you think they could be federalized? I would love for LE to be 'forced' to submit data for unsolved cases (rape, murder, attempted murder, kidnapping, missing and unidentified). It's greatly needed and way past the time it should have been done.

Cases of unidentified bodies and missing persons could be handed over to Feds after say, 10 years. Not that I expect that the FBI would expend much resources on these cases but be it just because it would result in a national database that would contain full records pertaining to each case (as opposed to info volunteered by LE agencies which may be incomplete due to turf rivalries) researching these cases would be much more efficient. Obviously the FBI's database would have to be accessible to all LE agencies hassle-free. It's not about creating a new federal crime, but a new federal resource where one is needed.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CarpSleuth
Back