Madeleine McCann General Discussion Thread No. 21

Status
Not open for further replies.

colomom

Inactive
Reaction score
Please continue discussion here.

zzmaddiepic74.jpg

Last thread can be found here: http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?t=58618

There are some very early reports in the Portuguese press within the past few hours that there has been a find at the dam/lake. A rough translation follows.

http://www.portugaldiario.iol.pt/noticia.php?id=928079

Copied from: http://helpmadeleine.proboards79.com/index.cgi?board=general&action=display&thread=1205511819&page=7 post #94

Thanks Summer:

Updated at 17h24

A few minutes passed from 15 hours when the team of
Divers hired by Correia found a lawyer Aragon
Bag with "bones", covered in mud and bottom of the dam do Arade,
Revealed the PortugalDiário Telma Fernandes, assistant to the
Causídico.

"We do not know whether they are human or any animal," says Telma
Fernandes. "Bones are small and only slightly opened the bag to
See its contents. When saw what was called the
Mexemos authorities and not more, "guarantor.

"Neither is to see that color is the bag, because it is completely
Covered with mud. It was tied with ropes with, "adds the
Assistant to the attorney Madeira.

He not up for Maddie
Maddie: tens to hear in England

The GNR and the Judiciary Police are already on the site and created a
Small perimeter security. "Along the bag only are the
Authorities and some divers ", reported the Telma Fernandes
PortugalDiário. "All other people are beyond the
Perimeter. How, for example, the detectives of the agency Spanish
Métode 3.

Searching for the second time

Marcos Aragon Correia is a lawyer and, for the second time in a few
Months, is the sponsor with support from a company Algarve, searches
Dam in the Arade, in Silves. It is there that believe has
"Largado been" the body of Madeleine McCann, a few days after
Its disappearance.

The search again Monday and were found
Several foreign objects. "Several ropes, a plastic and half
The child with four or five years, "said the PortugalDiário
Telma Fernandes. "But meanwhile, this material has followed to
Barcelona which will be analysed.

It is recalled that last December the lawyer had already hired
A team of divers and was four days on the spot. In this
Time, "was found a rope from five meters", which was
Delivered to the GNR of Lagos, recalls Telma. "We believe that after
Has been taken to the Judicial Police. But the fact is that never
Nobody told us anything about it. " So they decided, this
Instead, "does not deliver anything without analyzing first of form
Particular.

However, the "finding" of this Friday left no alternative to
Lawyer and the team of searches: "We had to draw the
Authorities. The bag was found near Tower "to capture,
Very close to the place you collected the other objects that
Week ', ends Telma Fernandes

Hey Tex, did not have to wait long. Initial tests show they were animal bones.

~whew~

....back to waiting ;)

Bummer in the sense that we still do not know where Maddie is.

But good news, we know where she is not.

Shannon Matthews has been found. She was hidden in a pull out sofa in an apt approx 1 mile from her home. A suspect has been arrested and Shannon has been placed in protective custody until the forensic investigation has been completed.

I would have posted in her thread, but I could not easily find it and I'm very sleepy at the moment :)

Salem

http://www.express.co.uk/posts/view/38490/Kate-and-Gerry-McCann-Sorry

Regarding this "apology" by the Express, a few things to consider:

There is alot more to this than meets the eye, it is not as simple as that article makes it seem.

1. This changes things - but not for the better for Clarence or the McCanns.
Clarence will now lose a lot of the pull he has had with the press - and the Mccanns are on the 'get revenge' list.
In the meantime the PJ are still ready to question them all. (thanks chrish)

2. Quote from:

http://i.cdn.turner.com/cnn/2008/images/03/19/mccann.press.release.19.03.08.pdf
(page 2) Statement on behalf of Gerry and Kate McCann 19 March, 2008,

"innocent of all allegations that we may have been involved in Madeleine's abduction"

Funny but, I don't recall anyone saying they were involved in her abduction. Unless it was one of the hoax theorists.

3. How can a tabloid state:

"We acknowledge that there is no evidence whatsoever to support this theory and that Kate and Gerry are completely innocent of any involvement in their daughter's disappearance."

They are not the legal authorities investigating this case. What do they know? Why don't we know it?

4. The Portuguese press has posted many articles which could be viewed as accusatory toward the McCanns and the McCanns have threatened to sue....why have they not?

I am still reading and digesting, will post more as it comes along.

All that matters is finding the TRUTH.

So these are the headlines that the McCanns are upset about?

http://news.sky.com/skynews/picture_gallery/picture_gallery/0,,30000-1309918,00.html

The only that are even close to being libelous are those quoting the source as being the police or other officials. The rest are pretty mild if you ask me. So why aren't the McCanns suing the Portuguese police or their media?

Methinks thou dost protest too much.....

The thing that really aggravates me is that the reason we are all here and in this situation is because the McCanns decided to leave their children in such a precarious position in the first place. They chose to behave like a couple when they were actually a family of 5.

Imagine if this had happened here.....

So these are the headlines that the McCanns are upset about?

http://news.sky.com/skynews/picture_gallery/picture_gallery/0,,30000-1309918,00.html

The only that are even close to being libelous are those quoting the source as being the police or other officials. The rest are pretty mild if you ask me. So why aren't the McCanns suing the Portuguese police or their media?

Methinks thou dost protest too much.....

The thing that really aggravates me is that the reason we are all here and in this situation is because the McCanns decided to leave their children in such a precarious position in the first place. They chose to behave like a couple when they were actually a family of 5.

Bingo. Good questions, why not sue the Portuguese press? Mitchell should know how to handle the media in that country, it's his field of expertise.

http://www.time.com/time/world/article/0,8599,1723762,00.html?xid=rss-topstories

The Express Newspapers group — owner of tabloid papers the Daily Express, the Sunday Express, the Daily Star and the Sunday Star — agreed to pay $1.1 million to settle a claim that the papers had defamed them by alleging that the couple themselves were responsible for the death of their 4-year-old daughter. The daily outlets on Wednesday also published page-one apologies to the McCanns, as their Sunday stablemates are expected to do as well, admitting to the "utter falsity" of a series of articles published between late last summer and February.

Who has time to sue tabloids when they're looking for their missing daughter and raising toddler twins?

My twins are 10 now, and I know I didn't have time to take a shower most days when they were little, let alone contact attorneys and push for settlements...

I don't get it.

Who has time to sue tabloids when they're looking for their missing daughter and raising toddler twins?

My twins are 10 now, and I know I didn't have time to take a shower most days when they were little, let alone contact attorneys and push for settlements...

I don't get it.

Ain't that the truth? I think there is a power behind the Team McCann that we have no idea about.

Seems that some of our friends in the UK are getting a clearer picture....

I don't get it.
You've got that right! When my three were young I was focused on them.

colomom said:
They chose to behave like a couple when they were actually a family of 5.

I often do imagine that, especially when you read every single day about similar situations that are called "neglect" or "child endangerment." But in this case, it is just explained away as a "safe feeling." I call that "magical thinking" and "rationalization."

Whatever happened to those rogatory letters, colomom? Are they circling the planet out in the dark somewhere? :rolleyes:

I imagine the twins will be placed in toddler day group, perhaps in the care of a nanny in the evenings and during w/e’s .

In the last 11 months, they have acquired quite a large entourage to take care of their every need.
Of course they will have plenty of time to take action …should they feel the need.:rolleyes:

McCann libel payout cues media debate

http://www.ft.com/cms/s/0/f533a7a8-f625-11dc-8d3d-000077b07658.html

Broadcaster Andrew Neil, former editor of The Sunday Times, said: “The Express got its come-uppance and I believe the editor should resign.

Susan Aslan, a media lawyer with Howard Kennedy, said: “I think newspapers will change. I think they will step back and say to themselves: ‘We mustn’t allow ourselves incrementally to be led down the path of printing a story we wouldn’t have written on day one.

She added that any future coverage of the case would be far more cautious because further defamation of the McCanns would be subject to aggravated damages.

It just makes me sick to my stomach to think that the McCann's are getting rich on their Daughter's tragic loss!

I posted this on the other mccann thread but.. is there a site or anything that goes into the details of this case? like the dna in their rental car and everything. i went to the parents' website but of course they're not going to talk about anything like that. This looks to me like another jon benet, sabrina aisenberg, susan smith case... am i on the same page as everyone else?

I posted this on the other mccann thread but.. is there a site or anything that goes into the details of this case? like the dna in their rental car and everything. i went to the parents' website but of course they're not going to talk about anything like that. This looks to me like another jon benet, sabrina aisenberg, susan smith case... am i on the same page as everyone else?

Check the media links at the top of the page, particularly the older ones.

I posted this on the other mccann thread but.. is there a site or anything that goes into the details of this case? like the dna in their rental car and everything. i went to the parents' website but of course they're not going to talk about anything like that.
It's not that they don't want to, they are prevented from talking about any of the specifics of the case. It's called a gag order...the PPD is also under it, but they chose to violate that order and let things slip out intentionally.

No this is nothing like JonBenet's murder. Not even close.

Depending on how much reading you want to do this blog has alot of information as well:

http://justiceformaddie.blogspot.com/

Unfortunately, many of the British press links we have may now be gone. Many, many articles have been deleted lately.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
OwlEyes