UT -Susan Powell, 28, West Valley City, 6 Dec 2009 - #4

Status
Not open for further replies.
if he was asked to take a poly and it has not been taken... I guess someone refused beit him or his atty.

I am sure the atty would not find it in his best interest.

Great digging that up PattyG!

Thanks.

My concern though is that WS is indicating "refusal" and we really need to back that one up. Hopefully the link will be found so we can add the link to #37 on the list. If we can't find it then #37 needs to disappear.

ETA: I would love to see links for all the items in the list. But that is just me.

Sorry guys I have not gotten a chance to watch any video from the latest candlelight vigil and I am slightly confused. Did Josh bring the 4 year old to the last vigil?

Yes and was surrounded by his own group with umbrellas to keep from media???

Thanks.

My concern though is that WS is indicating "refusal" and we really need to back that one up. Hopefully the link will be found so we can add the link to #37 on the list. If we can't find it then #37 needs to disappear.

can it just be reworded? to something like JP hasn't taken a LDT ...........

Josh was so worried that his bird was dead that first night.
Yet he left it behind.
I saw in a video of men taking it out of the house with a blanket around the large cage.
Exotic birds need allot of care and live a long time.
Cold is an enemy to them.
Wonder if Josh is worried about the bird now?
another 'possession' to him?

i have parrots too and have had to move in the middle of winter. a quick move they can handle as long at they are covered well. but your correct in that they do live many, many years and require regular consistent feeding (like any pet) i just dont see jp capable of nurturing ANYTHING, humans included. i just hope someone else is caring for the birds and his boys too.

Josh was so worried that his bird was dead that first night.
Yet he left it behind.
I saw in a video of men taking it out of the house with a blanket around the large cage.
Exotic birds need allot of care and live a long time.
Cold is an enemy to them.
Wonder if Josh is worried about the bird now?
another 'possession' to him?

Maybe he's worried the bird will start talking to LE.....:hen:

Curious Me... I know in the case of a religious woman, she will first go to her church leadership. If a church leader even suspected that there is a control issue in the marriage, red flags should be going off. Because that's what abuse is - it's control. At that point a professional counselor (LPC or LCSW) with training in the abuse cycle would be able to counsel a woman to help bring up her self esteem, develop trust and help her to make positive decisions in the relationship. It does not have to be a DV counselor. It can start with a call to the National Domestic Violence Hotline for resources or to a friend at church, a parent. We need to be more educated as to what these red flags are. BYU Women's center put together a program where they are encouraging students to recognize abusive controlling behavior in others and speaking up against it. They even did an organized 5k race in September to bring awareness. IMHO, it has to be a combination of education among ourselves and our children and a professional approach of educating our church leaders.

Here's a link to BYU's Voices of Courage:

http://wsr.byu.edu/content/voices-courage

lol about the bird talking Taminator!!!!

I think the correct wording for the poly would be that police are considering asking him to take one or would like for him to take one

I add to this list that two days after susan goes missing josh rents a car and puts hundreds of miles on it. wonder how long he had the car? I would think it was only for a day or so as he got his van back after three days. We will have to go back and find that media article where his neighbor describes taking him to pick up the car from LE... and what day it was. I am thinking he put hundreds of miles on it in a very short period of time. Very Scott Peterson isn't it?????

He had the rental car for 24 hours and put hundreds of miles on it.

They have asked him and he has refused. The police say he has only given vague answers to question. To take a polygraph you have to answer yes and no questions. Yes and no are not vague.

Did you read this article about the lawyer indicating this? If you did, can you find the article that indicates this and that would solve the problem.
I remember seeing it in a video with the police captain Tom McLachlan. He said they had asked for Josh to come in for further questioning and to take a polygraph but it was refused by his attorney. Look in one of the videos since Joshy retained Scott Williams.

Refusing to take a polygraph, whether it's admissible or not, is a pretty big deal. Worthy of at least a couple headlines, I would think. Just sayin'.

Maybe he's worried the bird will start talking to LE.....:hen:

as funny as this sounds it is realistic behavior of a lot of parrots...depending on which kind you may be dealing with. african gray parrots are the absolute best in mimicking human speech, moo. and they are very very smart. they will repeat words, phrases and "situations" and they dont just repeat it in their bird voice, they will actually sound much like the person who said the phrase. ie my mil has a gray that i heard 'replaying' a phone conversation and i thought it was my mil until i looked and it was the bird. and most parrots have speech abilities. so if susan and josh fought a lot in front of the bird it most likely will repeat some of the things that it heard repeatedly/frequently. :)

"On Monday, West Valley City Police Capt. Tom McLachlan said an anonymous donor is offering up to $10,000 for original information that may lead them to Susan Powell."

I don't know how often this happens but why would the donor want to stay anonymous?

Thoughts??? TIA

They have asked him and he has refused. The police say he has only given vague answers to question. To take a polygraph you have to answer yes and no questions. Yes and no are not vague.

:waitasec:, I am now totally confused. LE asked him and he refused? Refused to answer, or refused to take a poly.

Answers to questions can be vague by just answering "yes or no".

I remember seeing it in a video with the police captain Tom McLachlan. He said they had asked for Josh to come in for further questioning and to take a polygraph but it was refused by his attorney. Look in one of the videos since Joshy retained Scott Williams.

If you happened to come across the video before I do, would you kindly post the link. Someone here indicated it was suppose to have been a text message from the lawyer.

I never heard the captain stating this and I would think we would be discussing this in detail across the boards as well as a new headliner indicating this refusal.

We really need to get this one resolved and asking for help in locating this information. Thanks.

"On Monday, West Valley City Police Capt. Tom McLachlan said an anonymous donor is offering up to $10,000 for original information that may lead them to Susan Powell."

I don't know how often this happens but why would the donor want to stay anonymous?

Thoughts??? TIA

Probably for the same reason many donate to charity anonymously. They don't want or need to be acknowledged.

Refusing to take a polygraph, whether it's admissible or not, is a pretty big deal. Worthy of at least a couple headlines, I would think. Just sayin'.

You would think it would have hit the newspapers, discussed on national news or at least on all the boards across the Interent. :crazy:

I am still looking for the video but here's a part of the article that was referring to the video:

McLachlan declined to comment on whether police had obtained a notebook or journal from Susan Powell's office, which reportedly detailed an alleged threat made by her husband about a year ago.

Meanwhile, police said investigators have discussed conducting a polygraph test of Josh Powell, but no such interview has occurred.

"He is not allowing us the opportunity to interview him at length in order to verify his statements and also to get more specifics," McLachlan said. "His statements are absolutely vague."

That article link is:
http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,580540,00.html

Here's another article....

On Friday a police spokesman reiterated their desire to question Josh Powell again. But, he said the manner of questioning proposed by Powell's criminal defense attorney is unacceptable. ABC 4 has also learned that Powell was asked to take a polygraph test.

The link http://74.125.93.132/search?q=cache:Czk1aW3EZYoJ:www.abc4.com/content/news/top%2520stories/story/Police-serve-subpoena-at-ABC-4-studios/49hPU70Ynk2DyPCbEJpQsg.cspx+%22josh+powell%22+polygraph&cd=11&hl=en&ct=clnk&gl=us

Here's another one:

http://www.examiner.com/x-22460-Seattle-Family-Examiner~y2009m12d18-Susan-Powell-news-update-Police-served-search-warrants-on-media-asking-them-not-to-dispose-of-film

The only communication that I can find where the attorney Scott Williams texted the Police Department was to let them know Josh was going to spend Christmas with his father in Washington State...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrsrb10