17 yo Trayvon Martin Shot to Death by Neighborhood Watch Captain #18

Status
Not open for further replies.
I can come up with a hundred reasons Trayvon didn't make it home but no reasonable one for why GZ should have been following him with a weapon after being told by dispatch that they did not need him to do that and they were on the way.

If GZ was just being observant he would want to know where Trayvon was headed or which housing unit he went into. Then if it turns out someones home was broken into or a crime had been commited, GZ would be able to supply that information to detectives.

I don't know what happened that they confronted each other but in security observing and reporting is key to outcomes. JMO

Another question? Why would he need to walk to the next street when his car is right there and he could have driven to the next street? It makes no sense? IMO, this whole checking for an address and being jumped from behind is a lie.

MOO

So the 7-11 has the tape, but they didn't say that LE had been there to look at it? I wonder if LE has taken the tape and made copies? But then why would the tape need to be at 7-11 headquarters? You can erase/tape over the tape after LE has made copies?

It depends on when LE called them. I lost a money order in front of a 7-11 about a year ago. I called the store to see if they could look at the tapes to discern whether or not I even received it from the clerk. The manager at the store took the information from my receipt and looked it right up. I had received it. The saw me go to my car but didn't see me drop the money order. Two days later I called their corporate because I had it in my head an employee picked it up off the floor (cynical much?), and they sent a supervisor out to view the tape. So, if they were there within the next few days, and they had his receipt, it shouldn't have been a problem. IMO

I don't know. Most people carry their "accessories" on the opposite side from their weapon. Not only is it an issue of "balance", most people also think about potential encounters with police. If your cell phone is next to your gun, and you go to grab your phone... Things end badly. Since I carry my weapon around 4-5:00, I keep my wallet in my back left pocket just so there is no confusion about what I may be reaching for.

I cannot say if Zimmerman actually practiced this, but I would find it likely that he did.

JMO

I think the important thing here is the unzipping the coat and showing the gun if he carries his phone on his belt.

I think the important thing here is the unzipping the coat and showing the gun if he carries his phone on his belt.

Would unzipping a jacket show a gun in a holster that is located inside a waistband?

I have no clue. I don't carry a gun.

But it seems to me that if it's inside the waistband, unzipping the jacket would not have made the gun visible.

Does some of it stick out?

If GZ was just being observant he would want to know where Trayvon was headed or which housing unit he went into. Then if it turns out someones home was broken into or a crime had been commited, GZ would be able to supply that information to detectives.

I don't know what happened that they confronted each other but in security observing and reporting is key to outcomes. JMO

GZ is not a security watchman. He had no authority from anyone to follow TM. He was asked by LE to stay with his car to meet the patrol car. He has no authority from the HOA. He had no authority to even question TM. With LE on the phone he could have asked TM where he was going and didn't use that opportunity to do so. He was just a private citizen who was just suppose to call in suspicious behavior...which to GZ is walking in the rain wearing a hoodie. jmo

GZ is not a security watchman. He had no authority from anyone to follow TM. He was asked by LE to stay with his car to meet the patrol car. He has no authority from the HOA. He had no authority to even question TM. With LE on the phone he could have asked TM where he was going and didn't use that opportunity to do so. He was just a private citizen who was just suppose to call in suspicious behavior...which to GZ is walking in the rain wearing a hoodie. jmo

The misconception here, is that he doesn't have to have authority to follow someone who is in public, while waiting for LE to show up and investigate.

Where would we be, as a society, if you saw something you thought was suspicious and you don't have a right to keep an eye on the person while the cop you just called is on the way?

Did anyone hear who it was who claimed GZ's after effects were like "shaken baby sydrome"? I think but am not sure it was his new attorney, Uhlrig. Does anyone have a link? I am furious, as the adoptive parent of a 13 year old who is in a wheelchair, has a feeding tube and the mentality of a five year old, who WAS a shaken baby at two years old. This is disgraceful and I really want to know who said it, I briefly caught it on one of the news stations and darn it did a double take and then it was gone. Can anyone help? I am so PO'd. TY

Especially one savvy about police work? :what:

You don't think he's savvy about police work and procedures? I certainly do.

He's not one of those guys you see on COPS who call LE when their marijuana gets stolen.

I know? It makes no sense? Was he looking for a building number? I would think with him being neighborhood watch, he would have a map showing all the buildings and the building numbers? I'm not even neighborhood watch and I have one?

He says Trayvon was inbetween the houses, yet he was on the main sidewalk, but he could only see the back of the townhouses? That would put him on that back sidewalk, right?

Not one bit of sense ! The story gets crazier and crazier, hard to believe.

GZ took it upon himself to know everything that goes on in that small neighborhood. I'd think he probably knew some of if not all the house numbers having called LE so many times.

He was not supposed to be doing any security. He had no duties whatsoever that he was required to partake in as a member of the neighborhood watch program. He was not supposed to be making rounds, he was not supposed to stalking anyone, he was not supposed to follow someone in his car, and sure wasn't supposed to stalk someone with a loaded weapon on him. Zimmerman broke the laws and Trayvon lost his life because Zimmerman didn't do what he was supposed to be doing.

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/46830953/#.T25fPDH2b2Z

~jmo~

Would unzipping a jacket show a gun in a holster that is located inside a waistband?

But it seems to me that if it's inside the waistband, unzipping the jacket would not have made the gun visible.

Yes, it sticks up out of the waistband.

Did anyone hear who it was who claimed GZ's after effects were like "shaken baby sydrome"? I think but am not sure it was his new attorney, Uhlrig. Does anyone have a link? I am furious, as the adoptive parent of a 13 year old who is in a wheelchair, has a feeding tube and the mentality of a five year old, who WAS a shaken baby at two years old. This is disgraceful and I really want to know who said it, I briefly caught it on one of the news stations and darn it did a double take and then it was gone. Can anyone help? I am so PO'd. TY

Here you go mfcmom...

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/04/06/george-zimmerman-shaken-baby_n_1408421.html

~jmo~

He was not supposed to be doing any security. He had no duties whatsoever that he was required to partake in as a member of the neighborhood watch program. He was not supposed to be making rounds, he was not supposed to stalking anyone, he was not supposed to follow someone in his car, and sure wasn't supposed to stalk someone with a loaded weapon on him. Zimmerman broke the laws and Trayvon lost his life because Zimmerman didn't do what he was supposed to be doing.

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/46830953/#.T25fPDH2b2Z

~jmo~

He wasn't making rounds. He was on the way to Target on a "personal errand" when he noticed someone he thought was suspicious. At that point, he called LE, on their non emergency number, and while waiting for LE to show up he kept an eye on the guy.

I think it might be time to have a thread that lists the "facts" and "myths" because the same incorrect myths keep popping up like whackamoles. He wasn't on "patrol".

In my earlier posts regarding his interview with Sean Hannity, I had been calling GZ's father Richard. His name is Robert. Thanks for not beating me over the head with that, but I think we owe Robert a big round of thanks because in <modsnip> he told in this interview, for the first time that I'm aware of, we are being told where George's truck was parked when he got out of it to follow TM.

ZIMMERMAN: From where George's vehicle was, there's a sidewalk that goes to the next street over.

ZIMMERMAN: Off of that sidewalk there's another sidewalk that goes between two rows of townhomes. It's my understanding that Trayvon went between the two rows of townhomes, and George was walking down the main sidewalk to see if he could see where Trayvon was going.
With that mystery finally solved, let's take a look at what we KNOW <modsnip> for the rest of his story.

A LIE?

How do we know, you ask? Because every one of us HEARD what happened while the events of Robert Zimmerman's tale unfolded. We HEARD, and we HAVE the transcripts to prove it! Take a look at the image below:

TMRZ.png

(a) We know that GZ got out of his car and began following TM at [2:08] into the 911 call. We've all even heard his door alarm pinging as he exits the vehicle.

(b) We also know that 18 seconds later, at [2:26] we heard:

911 dispatcher:

Are you following him? [2:24]

Zimmerman:

Yeah. [2:25]

911 dispatcher:

We don&#8217;t need you to do that. [2:26]
Using our documented walking rate for an adult male of 4.4 feet/sec, we can place the distance walked in this 18 seconds by GZ at 79 feet when he was asked/told/advised to discontinue following TM.

(c) Notice what RZ told Sean Hannity at this point:

ZIMMERMAN: When the dispatcher said we know longer need you to do that, and George acknowledged OK. He no longer knew where Trayvon was. So he continued walking down the sidewalk directly in front of him to the next street to get an address.
He is saying that GZ continued walking down the sidewalk to the next street AFTER being told to stop following TM which is a distance of 140 feet from point to point. Using our 4.4 feet per second rule, that would put him at the end of the sidewalk at [2:58].

(d) Next Robert Zimmerman tells us this:

He got an address. As he was walking back to his vehicle, there was a sidewalk that goes to his left and Trayvon came from that area where the sidewalks meet. He asked my son if he had a problem, and George said, no, I don't have a problem. Trayvon said, well, you do now. He punched him in the face, broke his nose, knocked him to the sidewalk, and got on him and started beating him.
The distance shown above in yellow returning to "where the sidewalks meet" is 97 feet. Our distance/time calculation shows 22 seconds being required to arrive at the point where Robert Zimmerman says TM brutally attacked his son at [3:20].

<modsnip> Go to any 911 recording and listen. Go to any 911 transcript and read:

Zimmerman:

Um, if they come in through the gate, tell them to go straight past the clubhouse and, uh, straight past the clubhouse and make a left and then go past the mailboxes you&#8217;ll see my truck. [3:10]

911 dispatcher:

Alright, what address are you parked in front of? [3:21]

Zimmerman:

Um, I don&#8217;t know. It&#8217;s a cut-through so I don&#8217;t know the address. [3:25]
GEORGE ZIMMERMAN WAS STILL TALKING TO THE 911 DISPATCHER when Robert Zimmerman says TM brutally attacked and beat his son. In fact, it is then and only then that the dispatcher asked GZ for an address for where he was parked!

I don't know what else there is to say. <modsnip>

http://www.foxnews.com/on-air/hanni...er-defends-son-trayvon-martin-shooting?page=1

I'm explaining what GZ could have been doing following TM around the corner and despite what the dispatcher said and I'm not sure of GZ's location when he said it. What law did GZ break going behind the building?

Really I'm probing for probable cause on the part of GZ. What was illegal about GZ going behind the building?

Jeff Ashton is quoted in this article.

Friends, lawyers wage campaign for Zimmerman..

&#8220;The attorneys admit they haven&#8217;t met him, and Joe Oliver turns out not to know him very well &#8212; there&#8217;s a strange distance people around George Zimmerman seem to be having,&#8221; said Fordham University professor Paul Levinson, a media critic. &#8220;On TV, Robert Zimmerman spouted complete nonsense about his brother. All told, there hasn&#8217;t been a strong defense at all.&#8221;

Read more here: http://www.miamiherald.com/2012/04/05/2735630/friends-lawyers-wage-campaign.html#storylink=cpy

http://www.miamiherald.com/2012/04/05/2735630/friends-lawyers-wage-campaign.html

In the lockup video the first officer pulls his shirt part way out, which was neatly tucked in, as he searches GZ's jacket pockets. As they start to walk into the office, GZ appears to ask the second officer to tuck in his shirt which the officer does. IMO the gun was tucked into his waistband between his shirt and his pants. If it were hidden under his shirt he would have never gotten it out and if he did his shirt would have been pulled completely out as well. He was cuffed as soon as LE got there and was still cuff when he reach headquaters. Yes, you would be able to see the gun handle if it were clipped to his pants. jmo

"And interesting that Bonaparte goes so far as to say that Tracy Martin "misconstrued" the conversation with LE where Martin states LE characterized Zimmerman as "squeaky clean"."

Those are the words of Chief Lee, not Norton Bonaparte, Jr.
It was a questionaire to the now former Police Chief. You know, the one that 'temporarily" has stepped down. I don't think it can necessarily be construed as an official position on anything by the City of Sanford.

The PDF is here: http://www.sanfordfl.gov/investigation/docs/Zimmerman_Martin_shooting.pdf

In case this has not yet been pointed out, Bonaparte is Sanford's City Manager, meaning IMO that he is Chief Lee's 'boss.' The document is dated March 23, and was produced by Bonaparte in conjunction with his March 22 announcement that Chief Lee was temporarily stepping down.

Document dated March 23, 2012
http://www.sanfordfl.gov/investigation/docs/Zimmerman_Martin_shooting.pdf

Article about Chief stepping down dated March 22, 2012
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/03/22/bill-lee-trayvon-martin_n_1373475.html

---

ETA:

Still reading to catch up -- I see that yes, it has been mentioned. TY

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online