GUILTY NC - Spc. Megan Touma, 23, pregnant, murdered, Fayetteville, 13 June 2008

My family was in the hospitality, restaurant business. Housekeeping has a list of rooms to clean. They will note if a room can't be cleaned for some reason (do not disturb sign, or occupants still in room) so they don't get blaimed if there is a complaint later.

Good post. The hotel cleaning staff does keep these records and they do know when and what goes on in the rooms and it's documented. All the cleaning staff initials and signs, and also has occupants sign they've received towels etc... if their in the room at the time they drop by.

Also hotels normally have a few regulars including employees staying or living at the hotel, they notice everything. It's a little community within itself. We can take the hotel cleaning records as accurate and depend on them. Also the key can be checked on the computer of how many times a room was entered in. The electronic locks are on set timers too in order for the front desk to lock the door, causing the occupant to have to go to the front desk to re-up the room etc...

I would trust what the documents state.

there IS a Sgt Edgar Patino Lopez in the army that was last registered as 54th Eng. BN just as above link says (per ako database which I am unable to link as it is army site)

I have a feeling this is going to turn into another Maria Lauterbach type situation... Nurse did you notice that Touma isn't registered at AKO? Her x-husband is but she is not. I think she used her maiden name.

I think she did too and perhaps was in the midst of a namechange with her ako mygirlsadie. it is also not always up to speed with assignment either (ie, he is still listed as 54th eng/bn). Are you in too? We are in year 17! Uggghh!

I found her on ako. If you are doing ako search just type in Heine enter all for all other fields. She was Megan Lynn Heine

In the header, the date is written 18 June, to suggest that he is either military or not an American.

Later in the letter, the date is written the usual way that those of us living in the USA write:
"The following is to inform that I am responsible for the dead body that was found on Saturday, June 21 @ 1130 in room 143 at Fairfield INN by Marriott off Skibo RD."
Month first, then date.

In the header, the date is written 18 June, to suggest that he is either military or not an American.

Later in the letter, the date is written the usual way that those of us living in the USA write:
"The following is to inform that I am responsible for the dead body that was found on Saturday, June 21 @ 1130 in room 143 at Fairfield INN by Marriott off Skibo RD."
Month first, then date.

I noticed that early on, too. I think the perp is military. The date was written in all caps. On a lot of military forms - everything is written in all caps. It's something that used to drive me NUTS when my ex was emailing me; that it was in all caps.

What is going on with the dentists down there? I just saw the post about the murdered dentist from Charlotte. How far is Charlotte from Fort Bragg? Doubt there's any connection but it sure is weird.
Asher, its about 2 hours give or take from Fort Bragg to Charlotte. but I dont think these 2 cases are at all related..

Oh ok..I was typing Megan Touma. I haven't heard her last name being Heine. Thanks!

I found her on ako. If you are doing ako search just type in Heine enter all for all other fields. She was Megan Lynn Heine

Month first, then date.
Excellent catch. I missed that, even though the rest of the spelling and punctuation errors in the letter were like fingernails on a third-grade teacher's blackboard. For example, 'I basically, sat there and watch(ed), while the investigaters...' Also, what is up with the year 2008 being typed as @))*? Holding the shift key down is supposed to be some kind of clever code? Or what?

Excellent work to all of the Army database sleuthers!:clap:

Found this on another site, going to go see if i can find anything on the names... snip...June 28, 2008 at 4:46 am
This is regarding the murder of SPC Megan Lynn Touma….her boyfreind name was Sgt Edgar Patino..He is station in Fort Brag. He is aslo marry to Heileen Patino. He was also station he in Bamberg, Germany. I spoke to her the day before she left and she told me that was his baby and she was seven months pregnant. He was a buddy of mind. We were both assigned to 54th Egineer Batallion.This is regarding the murder of SPC Megan Lynn Touma.

a search on peoplesearch.com returned 22 hits on the man's name mentioned above ... the female's 1st intitial & last name located 8.... they were from several states across the US

Hey no "ughhhhh's'' now sister! lol Yes, year 17 for us as well.

I think she did too and perhaps was in the midst of a namechange with her ako mygirlsadie. it is also not always up to speed with assignment either (ie, he is still listed as 54th eng/bn). Are you in too? We are in year 17! Uggghh!

What and where is the database where the info is coming from? I want to see the ex- husband's info and possible photo. He set off my hinky meter with a few statements.
Is this accessible to the general public or a military-restricted site?

Thank you!!
Maria

http://abcnews.go.com/TheLaw/story?id=5268227&page=1

6:45 PM today
"ABC News: Person of Interest in Pregnant Soldier Death
A soldier has been named a person of interest in the death of pregnant soldier Spc. Megan Touma, a military spokesman said today, the same day a newpaper released an anonymous letter in which the writer claimed responsibility for the young woman's killing. Military spokesman Lt. Col. John Clearwater told The Associated Press the Ft. Bragg soldier is training at a special operations school, and he has not been charged with any crime.... snip... "

What and where is the database where the info is coming from? I want to see the ex- husband's info and possible photo. He set off my hinky meter with a few statements.
Is this accessible to the general public or a military-restricted site?

Thank you!!
Maria
I have just begun following this story. She was found in the bathtub, right? and reports said she was,"decomposing." Which likley means she had been dead for at least a couple of days. I know there were no obvious signs of trauma but remember Kathleen Savio? She was found dead in the bathtub as well. It's interesting. I'm following that case also.
This young woman was sais to be acstatic about the upcoming birth of her baby. I feel like unfortunately this may be anothe rone of those, I don't wnat to be a daddy cases. These are so very sad too. Like Laci's mom said in the trial...Divorce her..don't murder her.

Maria, Hi! AKO is Army Knowledge Online and it is only for army folks. Sorry I cannot link it.

Maria, Hi! AKO is Army Knowledge Online and it is only for army folks. Sorry I cannot link it.

I understand. I am a database sleuthing freak, and couldn't believe there was one I had missed, LOL. Makes absolute sense with the Homeland Security acts that civies can't access this.
Thank you so much for explaining. :)
Maria

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
anniegirl401