2008.07.22 Joyce and Bailey Dickens Interview

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have to say Kio was very quick to start talking and selling her story. I also thought it strange she forgot which friend called to borrow $200.

But the interview is refreshing because you just know what these neighbors are saying must be more true than the Anthonys kool-aide version of their life.

I didn't believe them either though when they said all those guys were coming by to see Casey. It never sounded like she had her guys over. It must've been what they gathered from Kio that Casey was promiscuous. Kio was a friend?

I'm not sure what to believe about the boyfriends... I raised boys not girls.. the neighbors had girls and there were many times when thier parents wern't home that they had boys over to the house, the girl across the street from us had her boyfriend and his friends sneek in her bedroom window in the middle of the night once, My DH came home from work and thought someone was breaking into thier home and called LE. KC surley could have "boyfriends" over without her parents permission all along, her misbehavior started in highschool, Lord knows what she did. The Dickens may be right about the "boyfriend" thing.

I'm not sure what to believe about the boyfriends... I raised boys not girls.. the neighbors had girls and there were many times when thier parents wern't home that they had boys over to the house, the girl across the street from us had her boyfriend and his friends sneek in her bedroom window in the middle of the night once, My DH came home from work and thought someone was breaking into thier home and called LE. KC surley could have "boyfriends" over without her parents permission all along, her misbehavior started in highschool, Lord knows what she did. The Dickens may be right about the "boyfriend" thing.

I agree. I had boys come over all the time after school or whenever I knew my parents wouldn't be home. I always worried about the neighbors but I guess they never told on me.

The Dickens' interview is probably the first time I've been able to laugh when studying this case. I had them pictured as much older, and when the guy said "The string of boyfriends that come by here could line up from Toledo Ohio and back" I actually laughed out loud. I don't doubt for a minute she had boys over there. She did a lot worse at that house than that. She probably even got busted time after time too, but what would that matter to KC?

I felt like these people were doing what any decent person would do in a situation like this, which is step forward and tell LE everything you know. They spoke to a girl who had possibly vital information (or made it seem like she did to these people for whatever reason) and they were unclear about whether or not she was going to tell LE about it so they were making "damned sure" they got the info. I put myself in their shoes and I would have done exactly the same thing. And if I thought the A's were screwed up as these people apparently thought, I'm sure I would have mentioned that and anything else I could think of too.

Very interesting interview, with 20/20 hindsight it's tragic that LE didn't hightail it over and scour the area by the school and find Caylee before time and nature destroyed so many of the answers to her death.
It occurred to me that there were so many videos of Caylee taken, that if KC wanted to make it seem like Caylee was right there with her, could she not have been playing the videos in the background on a laptop? Sorry if this has already been discussed

Thanks so much Chiquita! I loved this interview and have listened several times...It was from here that we learned that Cindy was thought of as the neighborhood "B_ _ _ H from H_ _L" and how much they "spoiled" Caylee...

I have thought about it many times, looking at what was lavished on Caylee and NOT on Casey (I mean it is OBVIOUS that a HUGE difference was being made in the two) and wondered if THAT is what lead Casey to become to jealous of her own daughter? I mean, her room and belongings looked like a barron wasteland compared with Caylees and I can see where that may have contributed to some jealousies...We also have this interview telling us they would have yard sales and "thousands" of dollars of baby clothes for sale...which of course, had to have been bought for Caylee...Maybe there was a worse tug of war going on than we are aware of?

Well I was wondering the same thing myself about this clothes situation. I have seen the pics and it looks like Caylee had plenty of clothes. So my question is: Why does she wear size 24 month, when she is 34 months old in the midst of all these new clothes and also that the old clothes are sold off in garage sales.

Very interesting interview, with 20/20 hindsight it's tragic that LE didn't hightail it over and scour the area by the school and find Caylee before time and nature destroyed so many of the answers to her death.It occurred to me that there were so many videos of Caylee taken, that if KC wanted to make it seem like Caylee was right there with her, could she not have been playing the videos in the background on a laptop? Sorry if this has already been discussed

I think they prolly did high tail it over there. Problem was, Caylee just wasn't there.

Well I was wondering the same thing myself about this clothes situation. I have seen the pics and it looks like Caylee had plenty of clothes. So my question is: Why does she wear size 24 month, when she is 34 months old in the midst of all these new clothes and also that the old clothes are sold off in garage sales.

Children's clothes sizes are only approximate and are also not standardized in terms of size (just like adult clothes). My daughter was wearing some items in 2T when she was 3+ years old. Other items I had to buy larger because they ran small. There is no rhyme or reason. Often people have garage sales to get rid of the infant stuff when the child is a toddler, particularly crib sheets. Those items go for good money.

Since this is the Dickens interview page...
I hope neighbors like the Dickens are called to witness to show how little KC actually had to do with Caylee's upbringing.
Did you notice in the interview where the Dickens said they NEVER SAW KC with a stroller walking Caylee thru the neighborhood?
Shameful that there are no pictures of Caylee at the park, the zoo, the beach, the library or ANYPLACE really with her mother.
Even JG says in his interview that she was a house baby!
These people really devoted very little time to that baby. Did almost nothing outside of throwing toys and clothes in her direction from what I see, or maybe ma and pa Anthony being in the pool with her.
Big deal.

ETA, oh and Cindy taking Caylee to see great grandparents which is no big deal.

Since this is the Dickens interview page...
I hope neighbors like the Dickens are called to witness to show how little KC actually had to do with Caylee's upbringing.
Did you notice in the interview where the Dickens said they NEVER SAW KC with a stroller walking Caylee thru the neighborhood?
Shameful that there are no pictures of Caylee at the park, the zoo, the beach, the library or ANYPLACE really with her mother.
Even JG says in his interview that she was a house baby!
These people really devoted very little time to that baby. Did almost nothing outside of throwing toys and clothes in her direction from what I see, or maybe ma and pa Anthony being in the pool with her.
Big deal.

ETA, oh and Cindy taking Caylee to see great grandparents which is no big deal.

I disagree. Casey took Caylee everywhere and is why all her friends knew Caylee. I can understand why Casey isn't in all the pics since Casey took the pics. Cindy George and Casey all had their own car seats. Cindy took Caylee to see her father for Fathers day. I think they took very good care of Caylee. I don't think throwing George and Cindy under the bus is going to fly to well with a jury that wants to hear the truth. There is plenty of evidence in the house pics to show me that Caylee lived under very favorable conditions. This is my opinion only.

AS much as Casey liked to take photos wouldn't you think that somewhere in there she would have taken a photo of Caylee with her Nanny?

I disagree. Casey took Caylee everywhere and is why all her friends knew Caylee. I can understand why Casey isn't in all the pics since Casey took the pics. Cindy George and Casey all had their own car seats. Cindy took Caylee to see her father for Fathers day. I think they took very good care of Caylee. I don't think throwing George and Cindy under the bus is going to fly to well with a jury that wants to hear the truth. There is plenty of evidence in the house pics to show me that Caylee lived under very favorable conditions. This is my opinion only.

I'm not bothering to find the link for you, but have you even read any of the depositions? NO, George Anthony and Cindy Anthony did not take Caylee out to many places. They were asked pointedly in their depositions even.

This little girl was nothing more than a tag along for Casey I'm sorry to say. There were no special outings with this child for the purpose of HER enjoyment .
Btw, do you know what throwing under the bus even means? I AM NOT THROWING GA AND CA 'UNDER THE BUS'.

Show me the photo's of Caylee on the kiddie rides, at the beach, in the park.

p.s A TRIP ALONG WITH GRANDMA TO THE GROCERY STORE doesn't count

We are all just venting here - I don't think for a minute that anyone is suggesting throwing the grandparents under a bus during the trial. It is certainly irrelevant to the case. The pictures tell us that Caylee was spared nothing material but they do not prove the quality of life she had emotionally. I would think that three adults who admittedly screamed at each other (CA's line to coworkers that KC was now yelling at GA more than she did), certainly enough for neighbors to overhear on quite a few occasions, make me think that a lot of things in that family were window dressing.

I'm not bothering to find the link for you, but have you even read any of the depositions? NO, George Anthony and Cindy Anthony did not take Caylee out to many places. They were asked pointedly in their depositions even.

This little girl was nothing more than a tag along for Casey I'm sorry to say. There were no special outings with this child for the purpose of HER enjoyment .
Btw, do you know what throwing under the bus even means? I AM NOT THROWING GA AND CA 'UNDER THE BUS'.

Show me the photo's of Caylee on the kiddie rides, at the beach, in the park.

p.s A TRIP ALONG WITH GRANDMA TO THE GROCERY STORE doesn't count
I think those pics are probably being held in fear of the media using them to make another circus. I am sure the family has a lot of those pics.

AS much as Casey liked to take photos wouldn't you think that somewhere in there she would have taken a photo of Caylee with her Nanny?

Right. I would think a "10" would love having her photo taken. And KC would certainly love to impress everyone on Facebook/Myspace with pics of the "beautiful people" she hangs with.

I keep thinking that CA sees an out and really won't have to divorce GA. All she has to do is throw him under the bus and she gets to keep it all for herself. House, book deals, everything. Even DC.

It's sort of a toss up to see which one of them gets their throwing arm warmed up first.

Sad end to what must have at one time been a loving family. The D family seems to think CA is the monster, but who can tell at this point?

I was refferring to the Bailey's throwing Ga and Ca under the bus. Staying on topic here. Their interview according this thread was July 22 08. We all know a lot more now, but at that point 7 days after the police got involved, the Bailey's went out of there way to bad mouth the Anthony's. I would not do such a thing. I think most people would not do such a thing. btw Did all the neighbors do this?

I think this is exactly what the defense wants. They want the neighbors to throw GA and CA under the bus. And if you are falling for this, you are playing right into their hands. This is prolly why it took so long to see this interview. I am not even sure where it came out in discovery or even if it did come out in discovery. The LE do not like these kind of statements because it points away from Casey.

I think those pics are probably being held in fear of the media using them to make another circus. I am sure the family has a lot of those pics.
bbm
And I am sure if any such pictures existed that Cindy would be flaunting them all over the media to show "how much they loved Caylee" and how they took her to every attraction available.
The only place Casey took her was to drunken parties and into the beds of her boyfriends. I don't recall C or G ever mentioning taking her to any child oriented destinations.

I was refferring to the Bailey's throwing Ga and Ca under the bus. Staying on topic here. Their interview according this thread was July 22 08. We all know a lot more now, but at that point 7 days after the police got involved, the Bailey's went out of there way to bad mouth the Anthony's. I would not do such a thing. I think most people would not do such a thing. btw Did all the neighbors do this?

Just knowing that NO neighbors have come forward to say anything nice about the Anthonys speaks volumes. They have no friends and it's easy to see why.

Are you saying that Casey's defense team wants GA and CA thrown under the bus? Is this your opinion or do you know that for a fact?
The Dickens interview has been on You tube for months- I saw it early summer.
I just posted it here last week- I thought it was something everyone had seen or I would have done it way back. It is enlightening information from someone who has no axe to grind. We know the Anthonys had called 911 to their happy home several times, so I think the neighbors have probably had a lot to say over the years. Add to the Dickens comments the ones that Mrs Burner had said to them . Are they all wrong or just part of the whole conspiracy( Casey's friends, their neighbors, LE, SA,media) to throw the entire Anthony family under the bus ?

I would love nothing better than to throw the Anthonys under the bus. If any suspicion were on them they'd roll on Casey in a second IMO.
Problem is UNLIKE THE ANTHONYS and OTHERS I cannot in good conscience point blame towards innocents in an effort to deflect blame from the real perpetrator.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Thomas Lee