CO CO - Marie Bazzinotti Nicholaides, 36, Centennial, 23 May 1991

skymom

Reaction score
Website
Visit site
Knowing the caliber of the sleuths on this site, I wanted to share this cold case with you all.

Here is a link to a recent cold case story about the murder: http://blogs.denverpost.com/coldcase...ater/#comments The comments after the story are very disturbing and enlightening.

Apparently her husband was (and still is) the prime suspect. Lots of hinky behavior -- both before and after the murder.

You might wonder why I'm posting this. I worked with Marie in Massachusetts before she moved with her husband to Colorado. I knew her husband too. Marie was bright, gentle and unassuming, and I thought highly of her. I learned about her murder years ago, but had always been told she was surprised by an intruder, and I had always assumed her murder had been solved. I didn't realize until searching for info on her case, that it was a cold case and that her husband, George was still the prime suspect.

Maybe surfacing this up might help breathe some life into this case, so that there can be justice for Marie.

Skymom

Marie A. Nicholaides
Date of Death: May 23, 1991
Case # 91-18253

Marie Bazzinotti-Nicholaides was described by her friends as a “quiet, sincere, intelligent girl” who graduated *advertiser censored* laude from Emmanuel College in Boston. She met her husband, George Nicholaides, after graduation and they moved to Colorado. In 1990, they became parents of a healthy baby boy. But Marie would not get to see the child she was so proud of grow up, and a son would never know his mother. On a stormy afternoon, May 23, 1991, Marie left work early because she wasn’t feeling well. She arrived at her Centennial home and immediately upon entering her home she was brutally bludgeoned to death. When her husband arrived home around 5:00 p.m., he found Marie’s body. She was still clutching her purse and car keys. Despite numerous witness statements, Marie’s senseless murder remains unsolved.

If you have any information regarding this case, you are encouraged to contact Arapahoe County Sheriff's Office at 303-795-4711, or email Coldcase@co.arapahoe.co.us.

~snipped~ http://www.co.arapahoe.co.us/Departments/SH/Cold Cases/Cold Cases.asp

Knowing the caliber of the sleuths on this site, I wanted to share this cold case with you all.

Here is a link to a recent cold case story about the murder: http://blogs.denverpost.com/coldcase...ater/#comments The comments after the story are very disturbing and enlightening.

Apparently her husband was (and still is) the prime suspect. Lots of hinky behavior -- both before and after the murder.

You might wonder why I'm posting this. I worked with Marie in Massachusetts before she moved with her husband to Colorado. I knew her husband too. Marie was bright, gentle and unassuming, and I thought highly of her. I learned about her murder years ago, but had always been told she was surprised by an intruder, and I had always assumed her murder had been solved. I didn't realize until searching for info on her case, that it was a cold case and that her husband, George was still the prime suspect.

Maybe surfacing this up might help breathe some life into this case, so that there can be justice for Marie.

Skymom

marie-Nicholaids_web.gif
Your above link is invalid, could you try again please?

Skymom

marie-Nicholaids_web.gif
Your above link is invalid, could you try again please?

Thank you for pointing that out, I didn't realize that I had pasted a bad link. Let's try this again: http://blogs.denverpost.com/coldcases/2008/04/20/husband-still-a-suspect-17-years-later/

Thank you again,

Skymom

since she left early from work to go home.
were there any cellphone records/phone records that she called her husband to tell him she was leaving early from work that day and at that time?
And if so, where was he when he received the call?
I am just wondering if she did, was he on a job site, or at home when he received her phone call about leaving early for work and headed home.

And the child, where was the child before being picked up by the father? AND what time was the child dropped off and picked up on that day by the father.

I am wondering, if the husband did it, if perhaps he was already home planning this, but did not expect her to come home early, so he was already home waiting on her?
But around the time of the murder, i suppose the neighbors would have seen him come in or go during the time, seen his vehicle i suppose.

Coming home early, disrupted the plans for later that evening?
I looked at the photo of the house on the day of the murder, her vehicle is not showing, is it in the garage, or parked on the street but not seen in the photo?

If the husband did it, then after the attack he must had changed clothes because of the blood, and then had to leave to walk to somewhere where there was a vehicle for him to leave the area and go retrive the child and then come home, all in around a 3 hour time period.

would be nice to know there work schedules, especially hers, to see whom dropped off the child that day, what time he was picked up before taken home.........it is possible i guess, the husband could have parked somewhere near the home, and walked home to wait for the wife to come home later that day, what time would she had been home if she did-not leave early?........

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pabo1998
Back