Guilty of first degree murder/verdict watch #2

Status
Not open for further replies.
It is such justice, would never speak to LE about any of it, until he took the stand, so what he did say cleaned his clock, love it! His own words, Mr. I am smarter than all of you, how sweet it is.

Ouch, I hope you feel better soon! Kidney stones are awful.

Thank you to all my fellow sleuthers for sharing your insights during this trial. I'm trying to stay away from the RA trial but I'll probably get sucked in. It would be interesting for me because I know very little about the case, so I have no opinion about his guilt or innocence yet.

Can someone tell me who the RA trial is? I might want to take a glance.

JY ordered the daily special: a sandwich of absolute silence filled with layers of rancid lies from him and his family.

Kind of ironic his insistence on eating at The Cracker Barrel in those HP shoes helped convict him!

BH and HC will be live on InSession in the next hour.

I was at work when this happened, but found out because I took a peek at the WRAL website to check if there was a verdict. I didn't see the first trial, but did remember the case from way before the 1st trial. I am glad this jury was able to put together the puzzle and sent JY away. I know some were convinced that SODDI, but I just never saw it. Thanks to those who shared the judge's words in denying the defense motion to set aside the verdict. Judges always know everything about a case, including what the jury never hears.

I was going to chime in yesterday after the verdict but I was so overcome with emotion. Thank the good Lord! Judge Stephens, WOW so right on and he had JY number all along. After the verdict was read JY looked like he didn't know weather to wind his butt or scratch his watch.

I wonder if he might commit suicide in prison.

I was going to chime in yesterday after the verdict but I was so overcome with emotion. Thank the good Lord! Judge Stephens, WOW so right on and he had JY number all along. After the verdict was read JY looked like he didn't know weather to wind his butt or scratch his watch.

I wondered that too ... but I doubt he will. He'll probably be on suicide watch for a short time, and then he'll resume his life with the other lifers doing whatever it is that they do. They probably play chess until every game is a repeat of a game they had before, read books about things they can never do, watch sitcoms of people playacting life, perhaps even plan an escape.

I don't think so--he loves himself too much.

I wondered that too ... but I doubt he will. He'll probably be on suicide watch for a short time, and then he'll resume his life with the other lifers doing whatever it is that they do. They probably play chess until every game is a repeat of a game they had before, read books about things they can never do, watch sitcoms of people playacting life, perhaps even plan an escape.

It would be near impossible to commit suicide in your first few weeks at Central. Suicide watch is mandatory for everyone who comes in, and is part of processing. Sometimes it's as many as 6-8 weeks before they get a cell of their own and clothing of their own, and out of the in between business.

Oh wow! That's fantastic! I hate that I'm getting blood drawn at 11:45. Will furiously check back in here for updates.

I promised myself I wouldn't log on today so I could spend the day repairing the damage to my house my watching this trial has caused, but I have InSession on in the background and heard...

"A juror is going to be on InSession this morning to talk about what one piece of evidence was the hook for her; and whether or not JY testifying would have made a difference."

Will be very interesting!

I know this has been discussed previously, but what is the current visitation schedule with the Youngs and CY? I thought I remembered the Fishers allowed supervised visits (but maybe that was before the trial)? How long did the Fishers go without seeing CY when PY was in control?

I woke up immediately thinking of JY and how uncomfortable he must be. My second thought was of the Fishers and how they must have such a sense of relief CY cannot be taken from them by that family.

It's finally over.

Howard & Becky were on InSession this a.m. and Beth Karas asked this question... Howard said the visitation agreement is only between JY & CY, it made no provisions for the extended family of the Youngs. He wasn't sure where that would go in the future, but seemed pretty positive Cassidy would not be visiting JY in prison. He said something to the effect that she could do anything she wanted as an adult, but she's doing very well in her current environment with Meredith and in school and has great support from the Fishers. The Fishers must have had a conversation with her last night about what had happened to her dad yesterday, and he said she'd receive all the support she needs to deal with this.

Could somebody kindly recap the juror interviews? I don't have cable :(. I will make you a :cupcake: to thank you!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hannahdunnam