OK OK - Jamison Family; Truck, IDs, money, & dog found abandoned, Oct 2009 - #1

Status
Not open for further replies.
She has a son. I'm not sure why he hasn't been mentioned. I believe he either is, or almost is a teenager. I don't know anything about the guy that stayed with them. Sherrilyn told me she lost a sister a few years ago. She was stung by a wasp and died from an allergic reaction. She had a very rough time with that.

It's been a while since I've talked with Sherrilyn. She had moved her mother to Eufaula because the dad/stepdad was running through their retirement savings rather quickly. She mentioned he was suffering from dementia, senility or alzheimers, she wasn't sure exactly what was going on with him.

I don't know if the son is hers, his, or both.

I'm confused. Do we really know whose mother was moved to live with this family?

Do we know who the parents(by that I mean if these two aren't) of this teenage son is?

I don't believe the truck was moved....I had considered that, but now I'm wondering if it could be this son lured them to this site (in what manner, I don't know). If it were him, I don't think he knew there was money in the vehicle or he surely would have taken it....unless, he only took half of it to make it look like there was no robbery or greed of some sort.

ETA: has anyone contacted Nancy Grace to see if she has heard of this case? I would have added Greta's name also, but I quit watching that show when she went 99% political.

I'm confused. Do we really know whose mother was moved to live with this family?

Do we know who the parents(by that I mean if these two aren't) of this teenage son is?

I don't believe the truck was moved....I had considered that, but now I'm wondering if it could be this son lured them to this site (in what manner, I don't know). If it were him, I don't think he knew there was money in the vehicle or he surely would have taken it....unless, he only took half of it to make it look like there was no robbery or greed of some sort.

ETA: has anyone contacted Nancy Grace to see if she has heard of this case? I would have added Greta's name also, but I quit watching that show when she went 99% political.

For some reason i got the impression from the article that the son was in his early teens? In my opinion i don't think the son has anything to do with it, however stranger things have happened!

A theory that would make sense to me, a little, still an odd one...

They left the dog inside the truck because it was late. They may have been playing around all day and on their way home? Which way was there truck headed?

They left their coats - didn't need them if it was that warm day/night posted prior. But like weather in my area it's very unpredictable so they probably would take coats just in case.

I could imagine the dog/phones/etc being left in the car because it was late and they were going to star gaze. They may have felt the area is pretty deserted, especially since the truck wasn't even spotted for 8 days? Was their doors locked? I wouldn't want my dog running around in the dark with me if I was just going to relax with my family and star gaze.

And then there is possibility of natural disaster/suicide/murder... that ended their lives. I wonder if the area is populated by critters that could dispose of bodies easily in (what was it, 8 days?).

I just think if it was a human they were meeting, the money would not be there anymore.

I wonder if there is any evidence of them having blankets in the truck? Could they do a fiber analysis?

When I go star gaze with my son... dog stays in the car, blanket comes with us, money/cell/purse stays in car. Did they have an ice cooler? I would look for any sort of material evidence verses human bodies. Blankets/cigarettes/beer cans/ice coolers/clothing.. anything a person would typically do in a hiking/star gazing/camping setting.

They do appear to be the outdoors type considering the little girls picture was taken what appears to be a woodsy area. They may have been looking at land all day and decided to go adventuring. But that's how I am and who knows what kind of people this family was. I hope they find them!

There was some mention by previous posters that the family (or rather the truck) was seen there by a hunter on both the 8th and the 9th, 2 different days in a row. Can someone iron out my confusion about this?
So if the last day they used their phone, that was the first day the hunter seen the abandoned truck with their items and pup in it. Something happened to them on the 8th!

I really hope LE got the phone records, as well..

I wish more people were interested in this case, i'm surprised there's not that many posting on here, after all, a 6 year old little girl is missing with them. I'm glad ya'll post who do.

Could there have been a hunting accident? Maybe someone who was getting a jump on hunting seasor, could have been drinking, or maybe just target shooting. If one was shot, would they could they have done away with the others to hide it?

Could there have been a hunting accident? Maybe someone who was getting a jump on hunting seasor, could have been drinking, or maybe just target shooting. If one was shot, would they could they have done away with the others to hide it?

If something indeed did happen to them (besides a voluntary disappearance), I think I favor this theory more than any other. It fits with what we know of the region---that it was hunting season, and that there were poachers of one sort or another in the general area, and that hunting accidents do happen. A poacher shot and killed his hunting partner in Latimer County a few days ago. It's not far-fetched to see this disappearance as an extension of similar circumstances.

A theory that would make sense to me, a little, still an odd one...

They left the dog inside the truck because it was late. They may have been playing around all day and on their way home? Which way was there truck headed?

They left their coats - didn't need them if it was that warm day/night posted prior. But like weather in my area it's very unpredictable so they probably would take coats just in case.

I could imagine the dog/phones/etc being left in the car because it was late and they were going to star gaze. They may have felt the area is pretty deserted, especially since the truck wasn't even spotted for 8 days? Was their doors locked? I wouldn't want my dog running around in the dark with me if I was just going to relax with my family and star gaze.

And then there is possibility of natural disaster/suicide/murder... that ended their lives. I wonder if the area is populated by critters that could dispose of bodies easily in (what was it, 8 days?).

I just think if it was a human they were meeting, the money would not be there anymore.

I wonder if there is any evidence of them having blankets in the truck? Could they do a fiber analysis?

When I go star gaze with my son... dog stays in the car, blanket comes with us, money/cell/purse stays in car. Did they have an ice cooler? I would look for any sort of material evidence verses human bodies. Blankets/cigarettes/beer cans/ice coolers/clothing.. anything a person would typically do in a hiking/star gazing/camping setting.

They do appear to be the outdoors type considering the little girls picture was taken what appears to be a woodsy area. They may have been looking at land all day and decided to go adventuring. But that's how I am and who knows what kind of people this family was. I hope they find them!

They were having weather cold enough to bring coats there, especially little Madyson would have needed a coat. There was no evidence that they were going hiking or camping. Their land maps were in the car, cell phones, dog, coats, gps, and a lot of cash.

The dad had a bad back so i doubt hiking would be an option, at least hiking far without any pain meds.

There was no mention of blankets being found in the truck. All they found was what was listed. Then later they found a pocketknife around the area which may or may not be related to the case.

It's very possible, they've already had an incident of someone shot by their friend while poaching.

Evidently, the pocket knife wasn't related to the case as, when the ground search was called off, the sheriff said that nothing of evidentiary value had been found.

MayElf and others, before i forget :Welcome-12-june: to Websleuths!

My recollection from an early article is that hunters spoke with the Jamisons the evening of the 8th., then again in the morning of the 9th.

I wonder if those hunters are being investigated. As I said in an earlier post about the conversations, the Jamisons had no camping gear that we know of so this isn't adding up for me.

I wish we knew what the conversation was between the hunters and the Jamisons..

There seems to be lack of outcry from their relatives to find their missing loved ones. Somer's mother is making all sorts of pleas to the media. I wish that would happen with this case. We don't hear anymore from the mother, aunt, father, etc..

It needs to be kept in the media

I agree! Where is the family... Ya know at least the sandard please give me back my son... Daughter... Grandchild. Anything! Haven't heard much more than a peep.

To have a public outcry from family, there'd first have to be microphones involved, and this is just not a media-saturated area, to put it mildly. Southeast OK is a rural backwater in a state which is itself a rural backwater.

To have a public outcry from family, there'd first have to be microphones involved, and this is just not a media-saturated area, to put it mildly. Southeast OK is a rural backwater in a state which is itself a rural backwater.

Not all of Oklahoma is rural backwater! Yes, some are but not all of us are that way.

How would they go about getting more attention to the case? Call and write to media?
How do get them publicity/coverage so that there is more pressure for this family to be found?

Ground search for missing family ended
Authorities say they will still follow up on leads but that clues have been hard to come by.

By SEAN MURPHY Associated Press
Published: 10/31/2009 2:27 AM
Last Modified: 10/31/2009 2:27 AM

The Jamisons were last seen by a landowner in the Red Oak area Oct. 8. A search was launched Oct. 17 after hunters came across the family's pickup truck at a remote well pad site near a 40-acre plot they were considering buying, Beauchamp said

http://www.tulsaworld.com/news/article.aspx?subjectid=12&articleid=20091031_12_A13_OLHMIY744996]

Can anyone get NG on this. Dont get me wrong, I personally can stand the show...BOMB SHELL, but she is better than nothing!

The only thing I can hope for is that they staged their dissappearance, which is even far fetched..

The only thing I can hope for is that they staged their dissappearance, which is even far fetched..

Except for the fact that it's been reported that both of the parents are disabled and, one would assume, thus getting monthly SSI checks---and would thus need an address to which those payments could be mailed---I'd vote for "voluntarily disappeared."

Not all of Oklahoma is rural backwater! Yes, some are but not all of us are that way.

Not meaning to give offense. I've said many kind things about Oklahomans in posts above, and I do live here. But we are something of a flyover state, if not necessarily a rural backwater.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rxpb