GZ's 2005 MySpace Postings

Status
Not open for further replies.
All true, which in term leads me to think that this MS page doesn't tell anything to me as far as having an understanding to what led to the actions of Feb 26th.

No, it's just a snapshot of who he was or who he wanted other people to think he was six-seven years ago. A lot can happen in six years. But it's always interesting to snoop around :) .

Someone upthread posted that since 2005 GZ had turned his life around and had not been in trouble, "not even a traffic ticket". Not exactly true:

2006-TR-219362-A-O 0244RCN ZIMMERMAN, GEORGE MICHAEL
12/14/2006 Orlando Officer, 98 Hearing Civil Traffic Infraction Closed
TR- UNLAWFUL SPEED

2006-TR-219364-A-O 0245RCN ZIMMERMAN, GEORGE MICHAEL
12/14/2006 Orlando Officer, 98 Hearing Civil Traffic Infraction Closed
TR- CERT OF REGISTRATION POSSESS REQ
http://myclerk.myorangeclerk.com/default.aspx

Both cases were resolved, maybe because the officer didn't show up in court. But he DID have at least two traffic tickets, so the assertion above is not true.

I just don't see anything that relates to this case in his MS page. IANAL, but I can't imagine that it would be evidence at the trial as it has no relevance.

JMO, OMO, and :moo:

One thing I am now wondering is this: Just how many times has GZ had a run in with LE that ended in nothing happening other than the anger class he took? Does this show some sort of special treatment towards GZ, perhaps because of his parents, that others are not afforded? I do not have a lot of experience with any LE so have no idea if this is the norm or not. JMO

Just how much is O'Mara tainting the jury pool with his many appearances in the media and his sweeping social media?

I certainly hope there is a civil suit after Zimmerman's conviction.

JMO
for what? what money could they queeze from him?

Someone upthread posted that since 2005 GZ had turned his life around and had not been in trouble, "not even a traffic ticket". Not exactly true:

Both cases were resolved, maybe because the officer didn't show up in court. But he DID have at least two traffic tickets, so the assertion above is not true.

from 6 years ago? Come on.

I don't think an old my space is relevant at all.

Just how much is O'Mara tainting the jury pool with his many appearances in the media and his sweeping social media?

I certainly hope there is a civil suit after Zimmerman's conviction.

JMO

I think MOM is at least hoping and praying he influences the jury pool. This case and these players really make me sick. As far as a civil suit, yeah, I can see one coming.

Prayers for the Martins.

One thing I am now wondering is this: Just how many times has GZ had a run in with LE that ended in nothing happening other than the anger class he took? Does this show some sort of special treatment towards GZ, perhaps because of his parents, that others are not afforded? I do not have a lot of experience with any LE so have no idea if this is the norm or not. JMO

I have and yes it does happen. We had a close friend get into trouble once (minor) and my husband said he would not interfere because sometimes people just have to learn their lesson. Luckily it just involved a fine. But I know prosecutors will sometimes work with someone they know in the legal field (LE, attorneys, etc.) to try and resolve the issue in a way that satisfies both parties. Not that they do anything illegal, not implying that, but they try to find a way out of going to court. But it happens all the time and almost all of them do it at one time or another.

My husband, whenever he arrested a young man under age he would always call the parent and depending on what the parent said to him is how he charged. He claimed that some charges were dropped because he believed he would never see the kid again after dad got through with him. He would say all kids do stupid things they deserve one chance to try and change. After that I guess it was "Book em, Danno". lol jmo

for what? what money could they queeze from him?
I haven't seen O'Mara doing interviews in a while. The last one I saw was via telephone last week sometime. IMO, he's such the consummate professional, I forget he's a defense attorney, lol.

from 6 years ago? Come on.

I don't think an old my space is relevant at all.

It's only going to be relevant if the prosecution brings it up, at which point, all social media will become relevant. JMO

This did not turn out to be a serious offense. Apparently, according to the Judge, it was pretty "run of the mill". IMO, he pretty much dismissed it even being brought up during the bond hearing.

I think you are right, and I think that is why he was not arrested that night after he murdered Trayvon.

JUSTICE FOR TRAYVON

I haven't seen O'Mara doing interviews in a while. The last one I saw was via telephone last week sometime. IMO, he's such the consummate professional, I forget he's a defense attorney, lol.

It's only going to be relevant if the prosecution brings it up, at which point, all social media will become relevant. JMO

does that mean for everyone involved?

An offender is not eligible for the anger diversion class if there are priors. A quick search will verify this ;)

Is it not obvious that GZ is getting zero special treatment lol. He's up for murder 2, his life is ruined and he may go to prison or life. With connections like that, who needs enemies?

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/05/02/zimmerman-myspace-page_n_1471818.html

On Zimmerman's legal defense fund website, his lawyers admit that the page "will cast Mr. Zimmerman in a less-than-favorable light especially considering the charges he faces."

"In that regard, it is possible that the statements Mr. Zimmerman made could be used as part of the trial, and therefore it is our policy not to comment directly on items that could become evidence," the site read. The statement also indicated that the social media accounts of "all the parties" involved might come under scrutiny, and may be introduced at the trial as evidence.

Sounds like TM's will come in if GZ does,so I am thinking they will leave it alone because TM's does not show him in a favorable light either.If you believe GZ words are true then it would follow that TM's are IMO.

I don't think it could be used. Because there is no way to tell if it were the truth of a mistake on the cousin's part. Plus he had a screw driver not a burglary tool. I had a refrigerator delivered today and the man had a tools in his pocket, one item was a screw driver would that make him a criminal because he had one one him. Making something out of nothing will not get defense very far, plus where is the relevance??? TM had no screw driver on him that night. jmo

I am not sure how the screwdriver came up or that the defense would try to use the screwdriver in any way. However, since you asked. A maintenance person is expected to have a screwdriver. A student is not, especially when there is unaccounted or jewelry right next to it.

I don't think it could be used. Because there is no way to tell if it were the truth of a mistake on the cousin's part. Plus he had a screw driver not a burglary tool. I had a refrigerator delivered today and the man had a tools in his pocket, one item was a screw driver would that make him a criminal because he had one one him. Making something out of nothing will not get defense very far, plus where is the relevance??? TM had no screw driver on him that night. jmo

A "burglary tool" can be many objects. Gloves, for example, can be considered "burglary tools," just as a screwdriver can be. Usually that distinction is made based upon surrounding evidence, in this specific case I believe it was the 12 pieces of jewelery that Mr. Martin said was his cousin's but refused to give a name. That in itself is pretty suspicious if you ask me, at least if I were the one in that position and they WERE my cousins I would say "yeah, my cousin Jeremy, here's his number."

Let's just go off of recent history then. If it's true that he handed out flyers in support of a homeless black man being beaten by a cop, well, I don't know too many folks who discriminate against black folks but yet take a stand against what he perceived as an injustice against a black person.

Accessing a page vs. actively updating a page is not really the same thing.

While this "alleged" support would be a good thing, why is there NO evidence? I think his mom indicated (at the bond hearing) he was recognized by the mayor for the effort.

I wouldn't call 2nd degree murder charges as nothing since. If he truly turned his life around he would have listened to what he was told and what he knew was true at the time. Not to follow. But he ignored the direction and did it anyway. Total disregard for the safety of others. jmo

Disregarded NWP/CCW protocol as well.

A "burglary tool" can be many objects. Gloves, for example, can be considered "burglary tools," just as a screwdriver can be. Usually that distinction is made based upon surrounding evidence, in this specific case I believe it was the 12 pieces of jewelery that Mr. Martin said was his cousin's but refused to give a name. That in itself is pretty suspicious if you ask me, at least if I were the one in that position and they WERE my cousins I would say "yeah, my cousin Jeremy, here's his number."

That has nothing to do with why GZ shot TM. Nor does anything on his Myspace. Why would defense want to make TM look as if he were up to no good when it was clear he was just on his way home? If anything SA could make an argument that it was TM who was, in fact, in fear for his life first. I would think that might be a dangerous path to go down. I would also think they would stick to what was happening right before GZ got out of his car and go from there. What will be problematic for GZ is from the moment he left his car until he shot TM and how he related that event to investigators.

Trying to assassinate the character of a young man who had high hopes of going to college to be a pilot or to go even further in the aerospace industry will not be accepted well. Seems like the wrong road to travel to me. And wasn't there a lot of information on his page about getting ready for college. Defense can't just pick and choose, it will all come out. I would think they would want to stay as far away from TM's future plans as they could possibly get. jmo

Kids say stupid things on Myspace, it's not a "bombshell". So do immature adults. I think little weight would be used against GZ for what he wrote. He was just being immature and at that age, what's new.

As far as TM's school records. If the reports involve any other student, IMO you will not see it in court because it involves minors. If there were no arrests I doubt we will see anything at the trial, myspace included. jmo

That has nothing to do with why GZ shot TM. Nor does anything on his Myspace. Why would defense want to make TM look as if he were up to no good when it was clear he was just on his way home? If anything SA could make an argument that it was TM who was, in fact, in fear for his life first. I would think that might be a dangerous path to go down. I would also think they would stick to what was happening right before GZ got out of his car and go from there. What will be problematic for GZ is from the moment he left his car until he shot TM and how he related that event to investigators.

Trying to assassinate the character of a young man who had high hopes of going to college to be a pilot or to go even further in the aerospace industry will not be accepted well. Seems like the wrong road to travel to me. And wasn't there a lot of information on his page about getting ready for college. Defense can't just pick and choose, it will all come out. I would think they would want to stay as far away from TM's future plans as they could possibly get. jmo

BBM

Thank you so much LambChop. I so agree with the above I've bolded. How dare the defense attorneys and their team try and degrade a 17 year old boy.

This defense team is a horrible example of what is wrong with our country.

God bless Trayvon and his family and loved ones.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ignoreme123