Twa

By all means don't bother your friend while he is busy.
BBM. Acquiring US citizenship by serving in the US military is not ringing a bell for me. I think I recall reading non US citizens have served in the US military, but I can't recall where or why. Someone more familiar with military will have to answer. I don't have any military in my family, outside of the reserves....

hth

The post I was referring to was by Annasmom here:
http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?p=5136718&highlight=broda#post5136718

She recalls that US citizenship could be granted by service in the Army, but I have seen no verification. This would be interesting to follow up. Would such service then count as a rejection of Italian citizenship? Such an act would deny any descendants from claiming Italian citizenship in the future.

This is excellent information to know, but I don't know where we would go with narrowing down a possible Anna. Outside of looking at adoptees with more than one possible link via name, dob, etc. to what we know of GB... IF they would have been able to create a ficticous id for Anna - technically they could have picked any date or any info.....

tia

I don't know how to search birth records. I'm a total noob here. Sorry. But, if they were filing a certificate to establish identity to claim citizenship, then the paternity would have to match the family line. If Waters is filing the false certificate, his signature would be on the form as a witness (attending physician, and/or filing party...).

Is there a way to search birth records around Anna's time of birth for any babies surname Brody or Broda? Also, in the records available by internet, does it include the name(s) of attendant or filing parties? If this scenario played out, this should be George Waters.

I wrote the St. Louis Mercantile Library to confirm about passenger lists as I thought the answer was vague. This is what I received today.

~
For what has been processed there are no passenger lists listed in the finding aid. Each folder does contain multiple items, so there is no way to tell if the folder might contain general passenger information.

There is also no way to tell if there is general passenger, or passenger lists, in the unprocessed part of the collection. I hope that helps. If I come across something I will be sure to let you know.

So, we're hovering, they may or may not contain passenger lists. Hopefully, fingers crossed the unprocessed collection will have something to go on.

Remaining hopeful

I want to bump this up. This needs to be looked at further. Do we know if the folders are filed by Day and Date? I would be happy to write again or call if you can get me the information as to where you inquired. I keep thinking that there would be a record of a couple from Italy coming in and a return flight with an additional person. I don't know how long the flight is, but could GW have gone with them, if so, does that line up with the dates he was not at the hotel? He may have only paid for there tickets in and out and Anna's. If that is the case, where were they, GW and GB?

I want to bump this up. This needs to be looked at further. Do we know if the folders are filed by Day and Date? I would be happy to write again or call if you can get me the information as to where you inquired. I keep thinking that there would be a record of a couple from Italy coming in and a return flight with an additional person. I don't know how long the flight is, but could GW have gone with them, if so, does that line up with the dates he was not at the hotel? He may have only paid for there tickets in and out and Anna's. If that is the case, where were they, GW and GB?

~

Hi Bern,

I wouldn't know how these files are actually documented. Here is the link to the St. Louis Mercantile Library. Good Luck!

http://www.umsl.edu/mercantile/

Dear Ms. Bern

Unfortunately, no additional processing on the collection has occurred since the last request for this information. The only way to research the information would be to visit our Rare Book Reading Room, but there would be no guarantee that after looking through the collection it would contain what you need. Please let me know if I can answer any additional questions or concerns.

Sincerely,
Deborah

Deborah E. xxxxx
Curator, Special Collections
Research Services Librarian
St. Louis Mercantile Library
at the University of Missouri-St. Louis
One University Blvd.
St. Louis, MO 63121-4499
(314) 516-7280
(314) 516-7241 Fax

This simply is not good enough for me, if there is a chance there is a LEAD to where Anna is, I want it. I will be opening a thread for a draft letter to an Agent, please help me fill in dates, or pertinent information that needs to be sent in order to get someone to look at the possibility that Anna was taken to Italy!

Thanks

Okay, I wrote again and here is my reply.

Dear Ms.

The TWA collection is quite large and unfortunately there is no way to answer your question. You may want to contact American Airlines, who bought TWA, to see if they can assist with a passenger list. I wish you luck! If you have any additional questions feel free to email me or Charles Bxxxn (cbxxxxx@umsl.edu), who I am copying on this email.

Sincerely,
Deborah

Deborah xxxxx
Curator, Special Collections
Research Services Librarian
St. Louis Mercantile Library
at the University of Missouri-St. Louis
One University Blvd.
St. Louis, MO 63121-4499
(314) 516-7280
(314) 516-7241 Fax
xxxxxx@umsl.edu

Hi Bern,

From what I recall, American Airlines sent me an auto reply and never did send one to me clarifying my request to TWA passenger lists. You may contact AA perhaps you'll have more luck than I did.

Best, SK

I wrote The St. Louis Mercantile Library in MO again and this is the reply I received today:

Dear XX:

We did not acquire TWA passenger lists and they are not among the documents in our TWA collection. We have mostly mechanical, training andadvertisement-related documents. I do not have other contacts to extendyour search.

Thanks, Charles E. Brown Assistant Director & Head of Reference
St. Louis Mercantile Library at theUniversity of Missouri-St. Louis
One University Blvd.St. Louis, MO 63121-44991-314-516-7243

~~ so with this in mind is there anyone on the west coast who could perhaps go call the train service in 1973 and inquire about their passenger lists?

~~ long shot but Anna may have been taken via train as well

~~ I should post on another thread however, do we know of any nurses who worked with Dr. Waters at the Mission? Where any of them interviewed or did any of them call the Waters residence in HMB - where any doctors or nurses friends of Dr. Waters?

~ Annasmom, did Dr. Waters have any well off friends you were aware of?

I wrote The St. Louis Mercantile Library in MO again and this is the reply I received today:

Dear XX:

We did not acquire TWA passenger lists and they are not among the documents in our TWA collection. We have mostly mechanical, training andadvertisement-related documents. I do not have other contacts to extendyour search.

Thanks, Charles E. Brown Assistant Director & Head of Reference
St. Louis Mercantile Library at theUniversity of Missouri-St. Louis
One University Blvd.St. Louis, MO 63121-44991-314-516-7243

~~ so with this in mind is there anyone on the west coast who could perhaps go call the train service in 1973 and inquire about their passenger lists?

~~ long shot but Anna may have been taken via train as well

~~ I should post on another thread however, do we know of any nurses who worked with Dr. Waters at the Mission? Where any of them interviewed or did any of them call the Waters residence in HMB - where any doctors or nurses friends of Dr. Waters?

~ Annasmom, did Dr. Waters have any well off friends you were aware of?

As I recall, there was nobody at any of Dr. Waters' workplaces who knew anything about him apart from the job. We followed up on all the telephone calls he made after Brody's death, assuming that these were to people with whom he had some sort of relationship. I would say that essentially he had no friends at all after Brody took over, but remember I had not seen or heard from him for more than four years.

I doubt that Anna would have been taken by train, but anything is possible. The reason that we focused on planes - specifically TWA - is because Waters used his TWA credit card for a purchase in January/February 1973.

I doubt that Anna would have been taken by train, but anything is possible. The reason that we focused on planes - specifically TWA - is because Waters used his TWA credit card for a purchase in January/February 1973.

I had written a response but it disappeared!

Thanks again Dr. Doogie, I mentioned train <modsnip>.

Back in the TWA days was a TWA credit card only used for air flights? Or...anything else they offered?

Tx, SK.

I believe that they also offered travel-related items like the binoculars that Waters purchased or luggage. But, primarily it was used for air travel.

I had written a response but it disappeared!

Thanks again Dr. Doogie, I mentioned train <modsnip>.

Back in the TWA days was a TWA credit card only used for air flights? Or...anything else they offered?

Tx, SK.

What does "modsnip" mean?

When one of the moderators here removes words or sentences that violate our rules or break terms of service then that moderator will indicate when they have modified a post using the word <modsnip>. Hope that helps.

When one of the moderators here removes words or sentences that violate our rules or break terms of service then that moderator will indicate when they have modified a post using the word <modsnip>. Hope that helps.

OK, I have been here for quite sometime, if I wrote something 'wrong' please explain to me so I can learn from this. Who and why modsnipped my post?

Thank you!

OK, I have been here for quite sometime, if I wrote something 'wrong' please explain to me so I can learn from this. Who and why modsnipped my post?

Thank you!
HI Sidekick. At the bottom of your edited post it will tell you which moderator moderated your post. Best course of action is to drop that moderator a note so as not to derail the thread. Thanks!

Maybe a little off topic, but I don't think passenger lists would exist for any means of or mass transportation. In another case I recently sent off for FOIA info seeking released jail inmates or booking information for a select few days in 1977. Those records or something similiar no longer existed - nothing found. It seems to me everything would be name or SS# based. As far as I recall Anna did not have a SS# yet (someone refresh my memory if I am inaccurate.) And I would have thought paper records of released inmates or booking still existed but no such luck.

I'm still trying to think of idea's for this TWA info. Since we know TWA flies nationally I'm not sure of what direction we might go with this . What can we really find? Maybe a list of cities that flew out of SF within 4-6 hours of Anna's disappearance but then what direction with that?

I'm still brain storming and I hope others are as well.

I called the toll free number at American Airlines today.

http://www.airlinetollfree.info/american-airlines

The only answer I was able to receive was that AA only keeps passenger lists up to 13 months. He said they didn't keep the TWA lists. Now.... who knows, this was an agent so either his answer was right and thorough or not. If anyone else wants to try to get more info be my guest.

Best, SK

I called the toll free number at American Airlines today.

http://www.airlinetollfree.info/american-airlines

The only answer I was able to receive was that AA only keeps passenger lists up to 13 months. He said they didn't keep the TWA lists. Now.... who knows, this was an agent so either his answer was right and thorough or not. If anyone else wants to try to get more info be my guest.

Best, SK

My guess is that might be the case due to homeland security. Probably a 'canned' answer or something they were taught in training.

I have some more idea's about TWA but since they are more general, I am going to add them to the refocus thread.

Thanks Doogie! I had forgotten which card ....

Thanks Sidekick, I interpret that to mean the passenger lists are just not yet on the finder, not that they don't exist.

I think back then, each creditor approved their own... or the bank which provided the credit. Say, if Bank of America funded TWA's credit line....

Are you thinking along the lines of running a credit check kind of thing? Such as what Esperian or the others would do? If so, I don't know that they would have records going that far back if they were to allow a credit check on someone deceased. I know someone in the mortgage industry.. it won't hurt to ask....

Did we ever find out if TWA funded their own credit cards or if it was a bank?

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shmoozie
Back